Here is what we read: And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying... Now when you turn to the book of Psalms, which is all about praising God, you find that they were set to music. So in fact we can be reasonably certian that angels did sing at the birth of Christ.
I think it's a reasonable conclusion; especially when one ponders the point being made by Lucy-Pevensie and Magenta, as well ^ ^ .
Here's something I personally find interesting to ponder... verses which contain the words "sing / song" and "praise"
and "harp" (if I'm thinking about
"the four living creatures" in Rev5, I'm going to also include in my SEARCH the word "harp," together with "song" / "sing" [and "praise"]... there may be more, this is just what I came across doing a quick search)....
NOTE: I am NOT suggesting these verses below are about "angels":
kjv -
Psa 33:2 -
Praise the LORD
with harp:
sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
Psa 71:22 -
I will also
praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I
sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
Psa 147:7 -
Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving;
sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
Psa 149:3 -
Let them
praise his name in the dance: let them
sing praises unto him with the timbrel and
harp.
nlt -
Psa 33:3 -
Sing a new
song of
praise to him;
play skillfully on the
harp, and
sing with joy.
Psa 98:5 -
Sing your
praise to the LORD
with the harp,
with the harp and
melodious song,
Again, I am NOT suggesting these verses speak of "angels"...
... and I think the commentaries are fairly split as to whether they see "the four living creatures" in Rev5 as also being the ones having "harps" or just "the 24 elders" having them (I'm inclined to view it as the latter of these two--that "the four living creatures" in Rev5 are
not the ones having "harps," only "the 24 elders" have them... I think this can be shown grammatically--I vaguely recall having gone into that a bit in past posts somewhere--but I don't have the umph to go into all that this morning... I'm working on numerous other tasks ATM = ) ).
Interesting to think about. = )