Do Christians Spend Too Much Time Striving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
For "Instant Gratification"? :devilish:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Striving? No thanks, I'm trying to quit. :cool:

L

Locoponydirtman

When i read the title, i thought, sure enough. Then i read the op and thought, meh who cares.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
What are examples of instant gratification? I can only think of lust and gluttony.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Do Christians Spend Too Much Time Striving
For "Instant Gratification"
My view
well here is the thing ----this word Christian is thrown around like a one throws a frisbee around --there are many frisbee Christians --i say -----who do strive for instant gratification -----giving themselves a high five for serving in the soup kitchens ---singing in the church quire -----going to church every Sunday -----helping their neighbour etc --etc -----thinking they will be rewarded with heaven because of their good works -----when they are really being deceived ------

True Christians strive to please God and give Him the Gratification and Glory or any works done ----it is our love for God that makes you want to strive to please Him by doing what pleases Him which glorifies Him ----not us ----

1668107790326.jpeg

jb

Feb 27, 2010
1Peter 5v7:

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. [Psalm 55v22.] [AMP]

oyster67

May 24, 2014
1Peter 5v7:

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. [Psalm 55v22.] [AMP]
(y)Good verse and good point.

Striving does not mean stressing in the context of the following verse:

Luke 13:24
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.”

It just means that we are to do our best as the Lord empowers us.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
I think the OP is referring unto Genesis 6:3, where the LORD say his word will not always strive with man who resists that they are spirit and life.