Do Evangelicals hate Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
he certainly would not have won if certain famous evangelicals hadn't publicly endorsed him and pleaded with their radio audiences to go vote for him, characterizing the election as though it was up to voters to save the world from evil.
While you and others here are obviously aware of the politician in reference; the point of this topic is not about the politician, but about what many people claim to have faith in, but through their actions show to have faith in the opposite.
There is to be a great falling away from the faith in truth in the future; do you think they who advocate for lies will be among those who remain in Hebrews 12:26-27?

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Can I ask you which creeds are you referring to particularly? The apostles creed (which I agree with) and what others?
Between 212 and 500 the Roman creeds were upgraded to the Apostles Creed. Then the 2 Nicine creeds and the Athenasian Creed were created by the early elders. Various gospel preaching denominations adhere to these creeds many times having the congregation repeat them as part of the opening of their service. That is how I first learned the Apostles Creed. These creeds state what a Christian must believe to be a Christian. Back then they were used with memorized verses to spread the word. Bibles were rare and very expensive before the printing press.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Notice how he doesn't say if he prays for President Trump. Even though Scripture tells us to.
He us too busy judging and condemning Christians to pray for him.

Imagine actually preferring Hillary Rodham Clinton and her vast warehouse full of lies!!!

Hypocrisy much?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Anti-Christian, anti-bible, anti-God news casters "claim" its evangelical Christian's that are pathological liars, and you believe them?
This is part of the same political group that claims to practice acceptance and openness while calling others fascist and rioting to prevent the speech of people of opposing views. Not to mention burning books.
The same group that supported a man that created more racial division than has been seen in 50 years. And tried to sell the country to our biggest enemies.
You swallow secular media blindly then have the audacity to talk about truth to others, even to the point of condemnation while elevating yourself? A true liberal in action.
I am aware that not all of this politicians supporters are Evangelicals.
I am sure that there are many others who claim themselves faithful to other Christian denominations, who likewise advocate for him.
These individuals actions likewise shows what they truly believe in, which is opposite to belief in the truth/Jesus?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Not American here, but let me just put this right here:

There aint no doooubt I love this(or that in my case) laandd. God bless the USA!

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Notice how he doesn't say if he prays for President Trump. Even though Scripture tells us to.
He us too busy judging and condemning Christians to pray for him.

Imagine actually preferring Hillary Rodham Clinton and her vast warehouse full of lies!!!

Hypocrisy much?
I will pray for the President, whoever he or she may be, as this is what the Lord wants, and is an expression of what I hope the Presidents actions will be.
Hopefully his actions will be in line being favorable with the people in truth.
To get back on topic, whether people who advocate for lies, love Jesus or hate Jesus who is truth?

And by the way, I preferred Trump and not Hillary.

7seasrekeyed

title of the thread?

click bait

this does not belong in the BDF

there are 2 other forums for this type of thing but dropping it into the BDF ensures a bigger audience

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
While you and others here are obviously aware of the politician in reference; the point of this topic is not about the politician, but about what many people claim to have faith in, but through their actions show to have faith in the opposite.
There is to be a great falling away from the faith in truth in the future; do you think they who advocate for lies will be among those who remain in Hebrews 12:26-27?

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
The issue is your methodology is very anti Christian. You make blanket attacks on a very large group of Christians without any proof being provided. Just your assertion they are advocating for a known liar. You refuse to give specifics. That is very anti Christian behavior. A Christian is supposed to go to the person or group letting them know as privately as possible their errors. Trying to get them to change their ways. Instead you turned into an attack dog blasting a whole group with what you allege is the sins of a part of the group. Your actions are more like a wolf.

7seasrekeyed

I agree that most people who are born into Christian denomination know little about the Bible; but their actions do show what they do believe in.
and when did you create the poll that we can view to ensure ourselves that your claim above is valid?

you have no possible way of ascertaining whether or not your statement is true

and I would disagree with you and say it is not true. you cannot set yourself up as a judge over all denominations and those who are a part of them

7seasrekeyed

It's about whether you love truth or whether you love lies.
I do not know, nor do I have hope, the person exists, as a politician who does not lie...very few would not fit that description IMO

as it is, you really are simply voicing a personal opinion that, again, does not belong in the BDF

7seasrekeyed

he certainly would not have won if certain famous evangelicals hadn't publicly endorsed him and pleaded with their radio audiences to go vote for him, characterizing the election as though it was up to voters to save the world from evil.

well is that how Obama won?

how many black leaders and pastors stumped for him? Oprah introduced him on her show...at a time she had a huge following

how is it when the shoe is on the other foot, the side that won the last time, is indignant and just full of righteous judgement?

and please note I am not directing this personally to you, but I think it is a question that deserves attention

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The issue is your methodology is very anti Christian. You make blanket attacks on a very large group of Christians without any proof being provided. Just your assertion they are advocating for a known liar. You refuse to give specifics. That is very anti Christian behavior. A Christian is supposed to go to the person or group letting them know as privately as possible their errors. Trying to get them to change their ways. Instead you turned into an attack dog blasting a whole group with what you allege is the sins of a part of the group. Your actions are more like a wolf.
Do you understand what is going to happen when the Lord again shakes the earth in Hebrews 12:26-27?
On the earth there is going to be a great falling away by the phonies who claim faith in Jesus (the truth), but in truth believe in injustice.
So do you think it would be better for people to go on believing themselves holy with Christ, when in fact they are estranged from Him?

7seasrekeyed

do you really actually and truly believe that if you insert Bible verses into your personal opinion, that God stands behind your statements?

pay some attention. you are doing EXACTLY what you say certain evangelicals are doing

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
and when did you create the poll that we can view to ensure ourselves that your claim above is valid?

you have no possible way of ascertaining whether or not your statement is true

and I would disagree with you and say it is not true. you cannot set yourself up as a judge over all denominations and those who are a part of them
I agreed with the other individuals comment.
And the way of knowing that most people do not know what the bible is about, is through the bible which shows the great falling away by individuals, when the Lord once again shakes the earth.
You apparently missed that piece of data, though you questioned me on it.

7seasrekeyed

I'm posting this in conjunction with my above post to luigi

Do you understand what is going to happen when the Lord again shakes the earth in Hebrews 12:26-27?
On the earth there is going to be a great falling away by the phonies who claim faith in Jesus (the truth), but in truth believe in injustice.
So do you think it would be better for people to go on believing themselves holy with Christ, when in fact they are estranged from Him?
who is believing themselves holy?

again, you are confusing your ability to copy/paste scripture with some ideal that does not actually exist

you know, I would be curious as to how you view the passage in scripture where it states that God raises on king up and puts another down

“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;

wisdom and power are his.

21He changes times and seasons;

he deposes kings and raises up others.

Daniel 2

you almost seem to indicate that we are in charge on earth while God fusses above hoping everyone doesn't mess it up

that is hardly biblical. we have free choice, but blaming Christians for what you consider a mistake does not give you any more credence that someone else saying Obama was a terrible choice and thankfully Clinton did not win

I agreed with the other individuals comment.
actually, YOU are the op and as such, should respond to questions you are asked about your op and not say you are following the crowd when you actually began the conversation

it does not seem fair you can make the comments you are making, and then not bother to respond when someone calls you on it

of course, if that is how you wish to communicate, then it is your choice

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It is often claimed on the media that the majority of this pathological liars base are Evangelicals.
ROFL
Are you serious? The MSM is very far leftwing progressive advocates. I don't believe anything they say. They slant everything they publish today. Back 50 years ago they carefully kept their bias out of the news but that slowly changed over the years. Most are progressives today. Progressives reject God and the concept that America is great. They desire to remake America into their ideal place. Obama admitted this after being elected and the Democrats applauded. After Obama Care was rammed through congress by Democrats not allowing any involvement with Republicans until it hit the floor and no amendments were passed. A quick vote was taken and the bill became law. Now it is an albatross hung around their neck.

The result was Republicans took congress and have kept it till now. People basically reject the MSM today as seen by the results of the elections. They see the MSM as a propaganda tool for the far left.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
ROFL
Are you serious? The MSM is very far leftwing progressive advocates. I don't believe anything they say. They slant everything they publish today. Back 50 years ago they carefully kept their bias out of the news but that slowly changed over the years. Most are progressives today. Progressives reject God and the concept that America is great. They desire to remake America into their ideal place. Obama admitted this after being elected and the Democrats applauded. After Obama Care was rammed through congress by Democrats not allowing any involvement with Republicans until it hit the floor and no amendments were passed. A quick vote was taken and the bill became law. Now it is an albatross hung around their neck.

The result was Republicans took congress and have kept it till now. People basically reject the MSM today as seen by the results of the elections. They see the MSM as a propaganda tool for the far left.
Even if the Evangelicals are not the majority supporters, the point is that there are many who claim belief in Christ (who is Truth), but whose actions in supporting lies indicate they do not believe in Christ/Truth.
This is so simple to see; I do not understand how this evades so many here.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
If a certain group of people advocate for someone who casts truth to the ground repeatedly, does that certain group of people love truth/Jesus?
You love to make assertions without evidense. Your assumption is first the politician is a liar and second that it is so obvious all know this for a fact. If you are referring to Trump do you know he is a practicing member of the Presbyterian Church? If so you are attacking a fellow Christian. As to the lies I have not seen evidense of this but only being said by the progressive wing of the Democrat Party. Diane Feinstein for example. She is the Democrat Party attack dog specializing in character assissination. You seem to be under their spell. Do you understand progressives reject God?