Do people weigh less in the day time as opposed to night?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
In the day time (especially when the sun is overhead), we have the sun pulling us away from the earth which should lessen our weight. In the middle of the night the sun is adding its gravity to the earth's, therefore we should weigh more at night.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
In the day time (especially when the sun is overhead), we have the sun pulling us away from the earth which should lessen our weight. In the middle of the night the sun is adding its gravity to the earth's, therefore we should weigh more at night.

I don't know,
But I heard that a great way to loose weight is to find a scale that lies lol

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Do not forget to factor in the rotation of our home sphere!

Actually if you consider how the tides are effected by the sun and the moon's gravitational pulls, then it stands to reason your thinking is mostly correct.

My good friend from the U of Illinois is now a retired astrophysics professor. If you like I could ask him....

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Don't bother. All I have to do is put a known weight on a scale to find out.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Don't think it will be affected by the gravitational pull of the sun. However for consistency we say weigh in hospital after toilet before breakfast,

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

You may weigh less at night unless you are prone to eating midnight snacks.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
This is the funniest thread iv'e seen for some time' At night i'm too shattered to care. I am a heavy sleeper if that's any help

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This is the funniest thread iv'e seen for some time' At night i'm too shattered to care. I am a heavy sleeper if that's any help
With all due study I believe you must sleep in the influence of the position of th esun at night........this would make you a very heavy sleeper.

M

Miri

Speaking of weight I’ve lost 10 pound, have been dieting since mid April.
I weigh myself in the morning,

8C7022DF-BD94-460F-9734-97A68EBBC1CC.jpeg

I would be sooooooooo depressed if I weighed myself tonight and found I
had put it all back on.lol

M

Miri

In theory if you stand on one leg and stick out your leg to one
side, or stick your arms out, you should weigh less too....

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013

I'm sure I have eaten 20 lbs of food during the day, so I am happy to blame my weight gain on gravity.
Will you be my "life coach"!?!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It may be true if the earth were round, but....

;)

Corbinscam

Jul 17, 2016
I weigh less in the morning than I do at night...I assumed it was just from fasting for however many hours but really...I usually fast less than 6 hours if I'm not trying to bulk up lol.

L

LaVieEnRose

I’m a life long fattie, so I know all about weight and diets. Seriously, if you want to know anything about dieting or weight, ask a formerly or current fat lady.

You theoretically weigh the least when you first get up in the morning. I suppose because you have fasted for 8 to 10 hours. But, if you want to see your weight at its lightest, weigh yourself when you first wake.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I don't know,
But I heard that a great way to loose weight is to find a scale that lies lol
I stood on a scale once, one of those talking ones.

It said "Only one at a time please"

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Speaking of weight I’ve lost 10 pound, have been dieting since mid April.
I weigh myself in the morning,

View attachment 183226

I would be sooooooooo depressed if I weighed myself tonight and found I
had put it all back on.lol
My wife said to me once. I lost 10 pound this week.

I said never mind there is a tenner in my wallet take that.

Apparently she wasn't talking about money aka £10

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
What I have noticed is that on a hot day my watch and rings are a bit tighter than on cold day.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I remember once when my wife and I were going out for meal.
My wife was looking in the mirror and asked me "Does this dress make my bum look big, does it make me look fat?

Without thinking I said "No it's all the cake and chocolate you eat that does that"

I soon saw the error of my ways.
Two days later I could see out of my left black eye and the next day out of my right black eye.

I was so looking forward to a meal out as well.

M

Miri

I remember once when my wife and I were going out for meal.
My wife was looking in the mirror and asked me "Does this dress make my bum look big, does it make me look fat?

Without thinking I said "No it's all the cake and chocolate you eat that does that"

I soon saw the error of my ways.
Two days later I could see out of my left black eye and the next day out of my right black eye.

I was so looking forward to a meal out as well.
You but it’s hard to eat when you’ve had your teeth knocked out!