T
Tommy2
Guest
unfortunately, homosexuals come from ALL types of families, even families where both parents are Christians and together. It has no bounds. We are all born into sin in that we all are born with a sinful nature....that is what makes homosexuality "natural". It doesn't mean its right, or that it's God's will...it just means it's there and part of one's sinful nature. In my son's case, his struggle started at in the prime of puberty....just like when you suddenly realize an attraction for a girl for the first time....he never experienced that. Instead, he realized his attraction was for the opposite sex...and it upset him so badly.Please pray for him. He needs the love, spirit, and the power of God in his life. I will never reject him and I will always love him, and I will NEVER shame him for being gay. I will, however, pray for him. It is something only God can heal, we are not authorized to fix him or make him right. We can pray and point him in the right direction though...without judgement, without hatred, and without condemnation.
Lis your son will be in my prayers! As someone older but dealing with the same thing he is I wish I could offer an easy solution, but I do think one thing he seems to have in his corner is a wonderful, loving Mom. That will go a long way. If there's any advice I can offer it's to encourage him never to feel like his feelings mean he can't approach, pray, talk to, and yes even honestly question or wrestle with God about this. Sometimes I feel like I'm not worthy to approach God but he wants me to come as I am and I'm sure He wants that for your son too. God bless him and you!