J
Do some christians actually not believe in science?
I appretiate all the feedback. I just dont understand how the bible says things like that the earth is only 6000 years old when 99% of the worlds scientist believe its closer to 4.5 billion. Or is that just what they believed when it was written? When it implies things like that among others, it makes me not trust the credibility of the other things written...
I appretiate all the feedback. I just dont understand how the bible says things like that the earth is only 6000 years old when 99% of the worlds scientist believe its closer to 4.5 billion. Or is that just what they believed when it was written? When it implies things like that among others, it makes me not trust the credibility of the other things written...
the problem is not with the bible it is with mankind. i am pretty sure the bible does not say the earth was created in the year 4k bc, not a day sooner or later. mankind makes these statements, not the bible.
I appretiate all the feedback. I just dont understand how the bible says things like that the earth is only 6000 years old when 99% of the worlds scientist believe its closer to 4.5 billion. Or is that just what they believed when it was written? When it implies things like that among others, it makes me not trust the credibility of the other things written...
Well the Bible never actually says that. Anywhere. Some people tried to do some math and they just assume they are infalliably correct on that point.
Thanks Ive been struggling with my beliefs lately and most of your answers have been helpful. Ill leave it at this; I can only believe what I believe. Ive grown to not believe in a "Christian God" or a God that watches and judges me based on my actions and whether or not I believe that Jesus Christ was his son. I dont trust the word of people I did not know, that wrote things about stuff that happened a very long time ago. Heres my logic, if God created me to think how I think, and then I get punished for not believing in what "he" wants me to, then thats not a God that I want to worship anyway. Ill just continue to live my life trying to be the best person I can and hope that works out for the best.
Thanks Ive been struggling with my beliefs lately and most of your answers have been helpful. Ill leave it at this; I can only believe what I believe. Ive grown to not believe in a "Christian God" or a God that watches and judges me based on my actions and whether or not I believe that Jesus Christ was his son. I dont trust the word of people I did not know, that wrote things about stuff that happened a very long time ago. Heres my logic, if God created me to think how I think, and then I get punished for not believing in what "he" wants me to, then thats not a God that I want to worship anyway. Ill just continue to live my life trying to be the best person I can and hope that works out for the best.
Good point about the recent history, but thats the thing its much more recent and with more reliable sorces. It hasnt had as much time to change, be rewritten and edited by people. Im not saying that everything that was recorded back then was untrue I just take it with a huge grain of salt, as I do with recent history as well. As far as heaven and hell, I can simply believe in neither. We are mere humans, sometimes i think its arrogant of us to think we even have a clue what it will be like after death. People like to believe they have an idea or know what it will be like because its comforting and the unknown is scary. Did all the humans B.C. go to hell even if they had no idea what/who God or Jesus even were? Seems very unfair.