Do you enjoy your singleness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
My take is that being single is mostly a choice and not necessarily caused by God. The choice to remain single can encompass many different things, some negative and some positive but still, in a lot of cases, regardless of the reasons or circumstances, it remains a choice.
I hate being alone... I long and even cry sometimes for someone to just hold me... I have been on my own 9 years and have prayed and tried to find someone, the right one... I don't know how to try any harder... I just think I have to trust and hope that one day God will do it...just when I think life is settling down and becoming stable- more trouble starts off with the kids, so i dont know whether realistically anyone could cope with my life but I hate being on my own.... if there was a hug shop I would be a good customer😕

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I love being single. I dont think marriage is for me...yet.

Also if I want to go to movies or walk in park I can just call a friend. But i can also go on my own not a big deal. I even enjoy going to cafes on my own and treating myself. I just sit there and enjoy the food, thanking God I can have a break, and look at the magazines. Not al, the time but just now and again. Now if I was married I couldnt do thst and would probably feel guilty going anywhere on my own, plus having to ask or tell someone else all the time...what a hassle!
Lol

Mikhal

Nov 15, 2019
I hate being alone... I long and even cry sometimes for someone to just hold me... I have been on my own 9 years and have prayed and tried to find someone, the right one... I don't know how to try any harder... I just think I have to trust and hope that one day God will do it...just when I think life is settling down and becoming stable- more trouble starts off with the kids, so i dont know whether realistically anyone could cope with my life but I hate being on my own.... if there was a hug shop I would be a good customer😕
BIIIIIG *Hugs* :)
You're not alone, sister.
If *The Church* functioned as it is supposed to, No Christian would ever be lonely, in fact we would be begging for alone time, lol 😬

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Hug shop, now there's an idea. I'm going to take that as a backup, backup entrepreneurial possibility.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
God can certainly search and find loving and faithful man that is your heart's desire. You will be his heart's desire too, kids included. Please add my prayer to yours for this. God said that it is not good to be alone.

K

Kim82

I would love to have someone true to share with!
Sharing the word over morning coffee,studying together,praying together......
You can do all that with friends/family.
if that partner comes from God we will be re-enforcing one another!
It's better to let God reinforce you. And why do you want someone that needs you to reinforce them?

M

morefaithrequired

It's better to let God reinforce you. And why do you want someone that needs you to reinforce them?
i think you are being unnecessarily critical of IFH there

I

IFOLLOWHIM

It's cool! Compared to some attackers on here,I just take it as ignorance!
FB_IMG_1574013805588.jpg

K

Kim82

For the most part, I'm content with being single. I see it as waiting on God. But there are other times when I just wish I was married already.

I try to have joy and happiness in my life and lots of laughter. But its just how I like to be. It's not because I'm happy being single. But being depressed is not good.

God did not say we must go about depressed. Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Sarah and Abraham had a child in their old age, and I just really believe that nothing is impossible with God.

But on the other hand, I sometimes see myself not getting married and remaining single. But not in a sad kind of way. I just see myself old, happy, healthy and giving God thanks.

I think I'll adopt one or two kids if I'm able to, and just give them all my love and be the best mom I can possibly be.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Well that escalated quickly. 🤣 One thing I will say is that I remember there was a verse about it being better for two people to keep warm, and if one fell for the other to help them up. This can mean church family or family family as well too.

Others handle singleness better than myself.

M

morefaithrequired

Its human nature to crave what we havent got. When many of you do find a partner, just remember he/she might not live up to the ideal you were expecting. Idealistic thinking leads to disappointment in life.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Why can't someone think of a suitable forum for those on here, male and female, who would like to find a possible 'match', lol. However, age and location and chemistry would pose a challenge., lol.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
You are right, your spouse now being your best friend and a closest family member; no problem there.
Also, what if one is living by him/herself, away from family and having no friends around?
Nothing's wrong with a single Christian wishing and hoping to have that significant other in your life so you can share the word over morning coffee, studying together, and praying together.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018

Oct 9, 2019
I'm content at the moment occupied with life's pursuits (work, school) but, as with most things here, there are good days and bad days.

Some thoughts have always nagged at me in my quiet moments:
  • What if this life is my only shot at romantic love ? ( We know what Our Lord said about Heaven-Life in the Scriptures, NO COUPLING !!! )
  • How come fellow committed believers look so happy coupled up ?
  • So there'll never be a little carbon-copy of me running around causing me equal amounts of joy and stress (the good kind) ?

The awkward moments occur when at my local Church on Sunday, they display the onscreen announcements for upcoming nuptials - ( picture a slick garden photo-shoot of the beaming couple with accompanying romantic background music ); Personally, this part is the worst - followed closely by the next moment when i tell myself, I'M CONTENT.

In spite of all my cares and worries, My Lord assures me, "My Grace is Sufficient for you", though, what ArtsieSteph described would be nice to have too.

Oct 9, 2019
When I was younger I was slightly desperate to be with someone. Now it's kind of a mixed bag. As a depressed introvert being single is easier. My last relationship sometimes wore me out as an introvert.

But on the other side I don't get out much, or spend time around many people, which is not always healthy.
Also I get no physical contact, which is proven to help depression and even aid in overall health and life expectancy.
Having the health problems that I do I feel like I'll be in an extremely bad position, in the future, as a single. Yet also feel it would be unfair to put those burdens on someone else.
And I've just always had the desire to be married, even as a kid.
But chances are I'll die sick, younger and alone, possibly homeless, since people I date don't stick around.

This was a hard read, i'm sorry you're going through so much alone. Maybeeeee, be a bit economical with your self-condemnation, i know you are of great value to our King. When you have some time please read ( MATTHEW 10 : 29 - 31 ) and remind yourself not to give up no matter what the present situation may say.
I'll pray for you Brother, may Jesus Christ give you victory to overcome your obstacles just as HE Overcame. ( JOHN 16 : 33 )