Do you enjoy your singleness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
We both agree we are too much alike. What could we offer each other? We would duplicate each other on everything, and be terrible at the same things together.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And yes, you do need a slap from both sides for that one. :p

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And yes, you do need a slap from both sides for that one. :p
Seeing as I'm pretty used to getting slapped for my extreme(ly) (helpful) suggestions, fortunately, I've developed uber-thick callouses -- from every side.

I'm none too afraid of your retaliations because after all, everyone knows that Cinder is the real one to watch out for! ;)

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seeing two CC Singles Members who really shouldn't be single anymore. :cool:

And yes.

I realize I'm going to be slapped from both directions for saying that, but hey, some moments are just too good to pass by. :whistle:
Seeing as I'm pretty used to getting slapped for my extreme(ly) (helpful) suggestions, fortunately, I've developed uber-thick callouses -- from every side.

I'm none too afraid of your retaliations because after all, everyone knows that Cinder is the real one to watch out for! ;)
I find it incomprehensible that two of the CC singles members who are most content and comfortable being single are the ones you think shouldn't be single anymore. I thought it was kind of a given that anyone would want someone they are looking to make unsingle to at least be interested in becoming unsingle. (Hmmm would that make a good pickup line or not - Hey Baby, I'm here to rescue you from the misery of singleness.... what do I know, I'm not interested in being picked up)

You give singleness a bad image when you say that people who are happy being single shouldn't be single anymore. Sure it means there's some board games I don't get to pull out and play very often, but the solo gaming market is really taking off. And there are always books.

And she's right I am the one to watch out for. And I'll get her back by someday feeding her something horrible like animal organs or tongue or meatloaf.

S

Susanna

This thread took a nasty turn even before the church bells were ringing😁.

That’s what they really mean with a prenup? Filing for a divorce before the wedding and splitting the stuff up?😜😁.

Sorry, I’m just a cynical old hag😁.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And she's right I am the one to watch out for. And I'll get her back by someday feeding her something horrible like animal organs or tongue or meatloaf.
Well look at that, I suddenly sense that the Lord is leading me to start fasting... :cool:

In all seriousness, I understand (and agree) that singles who are happy being single should not necessarily be persuaded into trying to be part of a couple. After all, they are happy being single for a reason.

But at the same time, I would also argue that in some ways, people like you and Lynx are some of the best candidates for finding a relationship -- if and when the Lord allows, and if and when you believe you are led to do so. And if that never happens, no problem -- may God's will be done.

It's just that I personally think the people who will be the most successful at relationships and marriage are the ones who have learned how to have a purposeful and independent life. Back in the day, I used to read yours and Lynx's posts and wonder, "How in the world can someone sound so content with being single?!" It was honestly a mystery to me, but I think God has kicked me enough times to where I'm almost at that point myself.

It's not that I've given up the search, it's just that I'm a lot less needy, desperate, and clingy than I used to be, because I never thought I would survive being chronically single, but boy, did God have other plans.

I also think that this is a major milestone many singles have to reach before they are truly ready to build a healthy relationship. (I could be wrong. I just know that co-dependency -- from either side -- is definitely something I try to avoid if at all possible.)

M

morefaithrequired

my 57 year old single brother is the eternal hopeful dater. still blessed with good looks he pursues the "ideal" woman. He has backed out at the last moment of several relationships. I think he is after the perfect woman. He has had 100s of dates. Oh and he is a committed Pentecostal Christian. He remains chaste .
But part of me feels sorry for him. Is that patonising?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
my 57 year old single brother is the eternal hopeful dater. still blessed with good looks he pursues the "ideal" woman. He has backed out at the last moment of several relationships. I think he is after the perfect woman. He has had 100s of dates. Oh and he is a committed Pentecostal Christian. He remains chaste .
But part of me feels sorry for him. Is that patonising?
57?!?

Well, I know the Lord has some cool personal relationships out there with people, and maybe he just has it that way for that person.

It'd be intriguing to hear them chime in.

No, I don't "enjoy" my singleness. It has become tolerable overall, except for in tense moments. Honestly barring everything...I would just like free hugs and holding hands in moments when I'm sad.

Even if I were still sad married (what is going on the world is sad and it hits me hard) at least I could be sad together with another human.

If platonic relationships like that were possible (without being married) I'd be open to it...Just certain pitfalls take place which is frustrating.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Try sneaking dark chocolate in something she likes. I recommend at least 92%. Preferably 99%.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Interesting I guess for some people misery loves company...

Being a sole trader as it is has its benefits. I do believe in equal partnership if there is to be such a thing, because being unequally yoked doesnt seem like fun at all.

I often think its hard now for people to find their match because of the whole dna mix up thing. But I would rather be single then marry my cousin. Lol

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I often think its hard now for people to find their match because of the whole dna mix up thing. But I would rather be single then marry my cousin. Lol
Hi Lanolin,

I'm sorry if I missed it in the other posts, but just what exactly IS the whole "DNA mix up thing"?

What's causing people to accidentally date their relatives?

I haven't heard about this one so I'm really curious.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hi Lanolin,

I'm sorry if I missed it in the other posts, but just what exactly IS the whole "DNA mix up thing"?

What's causing people to accidentally date their relatives?

I haven't heard about this one so I'm really curious.
Well its my Euphemism for sex. Lol

In answer to your second question. I come from a huge family and their probably millions of us because my last name is so common...think of all the billions of people in China.

M

MegMarch

In answer to your second question. I come from a huge family and their probably millions of us because my last name is so common...think of all the billions of people in China.
Minor detail, but I cannot let it go because I lived in Shanghai for a stint. China’s population is around 1.3 billion. They haven’t reached billions yet.

M

MegMarch

Off topic, but out of curiosity, do you speak Mandarin?

Oct 9, 2019
The bible only states that there will be no marriage in heaven and that we will be like the angels. Marriage is a contract between a man, a woman, and God that is binding until death of either spouse. Since there will be no more death it stands to reason that there will not be a contract of marriage but that is not to say that there will not be intimate relationships between a man and a woman. I suppose that if we are to be like the angels in regards to relationships it may be best to find out exactly what angels are in as far as what is permitted or not permitted. No coupling? What's the fun in that?

On this, i guess the best reply i can offer is that, i think HE meant that our personal pursuits in Heaven come second to GOD and all His ways - remember we don't hear about Archangel Michael's wife, he's too busy obeying GOD's commands to protect we who are on Earth.

Heaven, in my belief from what i can understand from the Scriptures, is on a different plane of existence; More than anything we can imagine so i guess such earthly thoughts don't matter in the face of GOD's majesty.

As a somewhat (naughty) plus, i doubt our new glorified bodies would have the 'plumbing' for proper coupling. :giggle: