Do you sometimes just don’t feel like talking?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I’m a weird individual. I have social but also very antisocial tendencies it seems. It’s like I can only handle hearing so much conversation and then I just don’t wanna talk anymore. I don’t wanna talk, I don’t wanna answer questions, I don’t wanna hear other people being grilled with questions... I just wanna crawl into a hole with a blanket and watch movies.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its called being an introvert and its totally normal. Some people are extroverts...get their energy from others and being around others. If they not around noise and chat they think somethings missing and go into withdrawal, and they hate silence.
Others are introvert and being around people for too long drains them they need quiet and space.

I find more introverts are online because writng our thoughts is easier to focus than being with a whole bunch of people or in crowds.

I used to watch movies a lot but I found after a while they got old and predictable, and I would fall alseep in them, so its more beneficial to have a nap instead. Dont distrub me im napping is cheaper than seeing a movie. Besides Jesus didnt have movies either and he just got down time by falling asleep in a storm.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I appreciate quiet times very much. I don’t get them too often, but when I get the chance to have quiet time, I enjoy it. There have been times where I needed it, not just desired it.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I so enjoy writing, and sometimes can be outgoing, love meeting new people. However, I love my quiet times. I am known to cocoon it from time to time. I just get so weary and need some recharging. I think it is healthy Artsie, to have those quiet times.

I consider myself an ambivert, or an outgoing introvert, lol. I find it very draining but also exhilarating and fun getting out amongst the peeps, just prefer to do it in doses.

Love me cave times, with books, tv, some writing, and some grub. 😀

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I sometimes feel like that... but I don't wanna talk about it. :p

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, ......................

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I've had a difficult time trying to pinpoint myself.

I love talking but sometimes it is draining and I've grown less fond of random conversations unless they have a purpose of godliness...or general information, still usually with the purpose of opening up a door later on down the road.

Like I used to be able to talk for 8 hours straight...and then I realized it is draining for people. No one ever believes me when I tell them I "can" be quiet.

Reminds me of a time where my siblings got so tired of me when I was younger (and my mother also) that they suggested "quiet mouse". I told them I would most certainly win. Sure enough ;)

Then around some people..."You are pretty quiet aren't you?"...

My response "?!??!?"

I have to get a feel for someone.

I often enjoyed my alone time with the Lord. It gets lonely though having no person to be quiet with. There's always this weird awkwardness when I'm around people that I feel it's necessary to share "something" that may be of use to them. Or share something that is troubling me and bounce it off them.

Even when I'm alone though. I still think, sometimes out loud...so it's not usually "quiet". Always something to be done seemingly.

Very hard for me to rest unless I'm sleeping, I rarely talk in dreams. Mostly it's just reacting. So that's kind of cool.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I’m a weird individual. I have social but also very antisocial tendencies it seems. It’s like I can only handle hearing so much conversation and then I just don’t wanna talk anymore. I don’t wanna talk, I don’t wanna answer questions, I don’t wanna hear other people being grilled with questions... I just wanna crawl into a hole with a blanket and watch movies.

Yeah... every time I come and spend time here.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
And then you post some questions on CC lol.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I don't talk to people unless absolutely necessary..

However, I talk to myself all the time.. LOL

M

Miri

I’m the same I can be very sociable and join in and often instigate conversations etc but too
much and it wears me out and I need my own space.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Then around some people..."You are pretty quiet aren't you?"...

My response "?!??!?"

I totally get that. When people say that about me I’m like “I guess you don’t know me well enough yet.”

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't talk to people unless absolutely necessary..

However, I talk to myself all the time.. LOL
A scene from Beast Wars:

MEGATRON (to himself) "A bargaining chip should stay in play until the game is over."

BLACK ARACHNIA: "Why do you talk to yourself like that?"

MEGATRON: "I... have a penchant for intelligent conversation."

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
A scene from Beast Wars:

MEGATRON (to himself) "A bargaining chip should stay in play until the game is over."

BLACK ARACHNIA: "Why do you talk to yourself like that?"

MEGATRON: "I... have a penchant for intelligent conversation."
Beast Wars was my JAM.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

That's not antisocial, either. Antisocial tends to refer to those who actively defy social norms and have a lack of understanding while doing so. And it's not limited to certain times. People with such issues will act out anytime, anywhere.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I work with children. I feel like this most days about 5 o'clock! 😉

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I’m a strong introvert. I love people but I get exhausted quick when I’m social. I need quite a bit of alone time to recharge.

H

Hamarr

I think in some ways I am extroverted, but I have a lot of social anxiety. I sometimes get selective mutism when trying to interact with people. I often assume I will be drained if I hang out with others, but I find it usually recharging instead. There are definitely those days where I just want to hang out with my dog and do something at home. The better I feel about myself, the less I feel the need for others. Alone time becomes enjoyable solitude instead of loneliness.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I would answer this question...

but I don't feel like talking.