Doctrine of Unconditional Election

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
Why must OSASers use personal attacks when they have ZERO Scripture?
This is clearly a lie, since I did share Scripture; John 5:24 and 10:28 which very plainly state that those who have believed shall never perish.

5:24 shows that the MOMENT one believes, they possess eternal life.
10:28 shows that all who receive eternal life SHALL NEVER PERISH.

And you reject what Jesus said.

I accept the Bible.
Obviously another lie. Because you don't believe what Jesus said about the result of having eternal life.

Mark 13:13 (NKJV)
13 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
You need to check the context before making this kind of error. What does "the end" refer to? Do you know or care?

Jan 31, 2021
Hebrews 6:4-8 (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit (Christians), 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

Amen Jesus! OSASers don't have a clue!
Since I fully explained this passage and shows how it parallels 1 Cor 3:14-15, proves that Heb 6:4-8 CANNOT be about loss of salvation.

Again, my sharing created a choice for you. And you chose to reject the truth.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
This proves how much you totally FAIL to understand the Bible.

You should begin with believing Scripture. Start with John 5:24 and John 10:28 and then see the clear parallel between Heb 6:4-9 and 1 Cor 3:12-15.
I do believe. But it doesn't say we can't forsake God.
You are not making any sense at all. You claim to "believe" the verses I shared, but you also continue to equate forsaking God with loss of salvation.

Jesus' words PREVENT the idea that salvation can be lost. So you DON'T believe the verses I shared.

So quit lying and saying you do believe when you don't.

btw, since you keep bringing up "forsaking God" as meaning loss of salvation, what verse do you think teaches that? And the verse needs to be clear and plain enough for anyone to understand.

Jan 31, 2021
The OSASers here hurl personal insults at and judge nonOSASers as unsaved.
If you cannot specifically point to a poster who does that here, you are just making up more false stuff.

If you do point out a poster, you also need to provide the evidence from their posts.

Jan 31, 2021
Duckybill said:
YAY! OSASers say I can NEVER be unsaved!
Show me one Osaser that says YOU "Duckybill" can never be unsaved
That poster has clearly demonstrated a propensity for lying, and being unteachable. However, the first issue is whether this poster is saved. None of us knows what he has believed, and I don't particularly believe what he says he believes, given all his propensity.

If he has placed his full trust in the work of Christ on the cross to save him, then he IS saved and SHALL NEVER PERISH, per John 10:28.

Even though he has entered the realm of FALSE DOCTRINE and has rejected the clear words of Jesus regarding eternal security.

Jan 31, 2021
Duckybill said:
You can forsake God and still be a Christian??????????????????
Show me in scripture where God forsakes us..after we are saved
That poster hasn't yet proved his own claim. There is no reason to answer his questions, since his own premise cannot be proven from Scripture.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Elect means to choose. What is the difference between "select" and "choose"? I think the point that gets overlooked is election is according to what God "foreknew" (Romans 8:29, 1 Peter 1:2). What exactly did God know in advance? Those who would believe the gospel and receive Christ? No one who knew me as a young man would put me down as a likely Christian. God knew. I'm delighted that He did!
God knew the people in advance.
It says....whom He did foreknow.
It does not say...what He did fore know.
You are not understanding the passage.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
The OSASers here hurl personal insults at and judge nonOSASers as unsaved.
Really? have i done that to you? While i sure could take your post to be a personal insult at me. I do not judge nonosas persons as unsaved . I was every bit saved when i had the idea my salvation was in my hands as i am today.

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
Yep. I was a dog.

But when I was born again, I became a new creation. I can;t make myself a dog again. I do not have the power to change what God did

Thats the point of the passage. a dog (a person who was never saved, made new) returns to his vomit

He can act like a christian. Play the game. But he will always return to what he is..
No Scripture? Of course not! OSAS is not in the Bible.

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
Your opinion is wrong. The verse refers to loss of eternal reward for service. But those who believe the heresy that salvation can be lost cannot or will not understand the verses that teach about loss of reward.

It is clearly taught in 1 For 3:14,15. The "loss" mentioned in v.15 cannot be salvation because Paul follows the "loss" with "but they shall be saved".

So there you have it.

You are peddling a heretical false doctrine. Are you teachable? Because you need lots of teaching.
I appreciate you saying I can NEVER be unsaved! Wish I could say the same for OSASers!

Jan 31, 2021
You have it totally backwards, just like most OSASers. Show us where it say we can't forsake God after we are saved.
Hey, why don't you show us where the Bible says "if you forsake God, He will forsake you"? Can you do that? Can you prove your claim?

I say you can't. So here is a chance to prove me wrong in front of everyone who reads this thread.

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
If you've read John 5:24, John 10:28, and 1 Cor 3:12-15 and STILL believe the heretical false doctrine that salvation can be lost, then you have just admitted that you can't read so well.

As I said, after sharing the above verses with you, you had a choice to make. And it is clear you have made your choice. You reject the truth of what Jesus said, and continue to cling to your heretical false doctrine that salvation can be lost.

And, you have demonstrated that you are not teachable.
Don't you even know your OSAS doctrine? It says I can NEVER be unsaved!

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
What a lie! I gave you John 5;24 and 10:28 which are the clearest verses about eternal security.

But since you have clearly demonstrated that you are not teachable, you lie about what others post. There was no personal attack in my post. I asked a question. And you always don't answer my questions. So just quit lying, ok?

I showed you clear verses on eternal security. And you showed your rejection of Jesus' own words. You have been fully exposed.
Why do OSASers avoid Scripture like PLAGUE?

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
James' point was that a faith without works is barren.
Why are you changing the Scripture? It says DEAD.
He said nothing about loss of salvation.
Sure does!

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
Too bad that you aren't teachable.[/QUOTE]
I cite Scripture and you try to change Scripture and you call me unteachable. lol