Kind of smells like the BDF in here....
![]()
...there...that's better!![]()
Yeah, I think so. Anything that has the good guy as the main character, who fights against evil. Violence does not automatically deter me- the Passion of the Christ was rated R for violence. And movies like Braveheart fight the greater evil. The Middle is a funny show, but when they have the gay bf on there I skip to the next episode or change the channel. I have had to do this for the Today Show also, cause they have Matt Laur cross dressing. I will not watch Ellen at all, or Family Guy, or anything that promotes homosexuality as their main topic. I am so angry at Hunger Games, and those who promoted it, like Subway. And the same goes for Shades of Grey- which I haven’t watched cause I can tell it’s just porn.
We’ve been watching Person of Interest- whose main character played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ, he also played on Pay it Forward. Also been watching The Good Doctor, and Stranger Things- which I view as a good vs evil scenario. I don’t think I watch anything that goes against my conscience. I block or ignore some scenes. So I don’t think Jesus would disapprove. If the Bible were a movie there would also be a lot of violence. Such scenes don’t tempt me to be violent, but if it did I wouldn’t watch it.
We use what I call “The Apple Test”. If there was a bad spot on an apple, would you eat it? Yeah, just cut off the bad spot. But if the apple was mostly bad with one good spot, would you eat it? No, you’d throw the whole thing out. So if you are getting something good out of it, and have enough maturity and self control to discard the bad parts, then it’s ok to watch. Otherwise I don’t think you could watch anything, everything has flaws. Yes, I think Jesus would like what I watch, and what I get out of it, and what I ignore.
“Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of Jesus.”
“Whatever is true, noble, praiseworthy in any way- think about such things.”
Any scent is better than the BDFWhat scent did you use? Lavender? Lemon? Rose?
Personally, I like Ocean Breeze...
Any scent is better than the BDF![]()
What scent did you use? Lavender? Lemon? Rose? ...
The Hunger Games was another dumb move used to brain wash teens, just like Twilight.
There are lots of things I can’t watch on TV. Anything with horror, lots of gore, demons, vampires, zombies etc. I find them disturbing.
I especially can’t watch things like possession, hauntings, ghost hunting etc. They really disturb me.
In recent years I’m finding that I am more put off by shows with gay characters where once I found them funny.
Soap opera based programmes bore me silly and the story lines have the morals of the gutter.
Very few movie stars and very few TV programmes are Christian based. But I think we do need to use discernment at what we watch.
Interesting opinion. Have you watched any of them? Have you read the books? If, as you claim, the movie was intended to brainwash teens, what was the goal of the brainwashing? What was the intent or the desired result?
Teens and young adults often be come obsessed with movies like Hunger Games and then try to use the values of those fictional worlds in real life.
I saw the first movie, it's kind of a messed up story, children killing each other to feed the people of their ward or whatever it is.
I don't think the goal is anything but to make fans so devote that it turns into idol worship.
Some of the values presented in The Hunger Games: self-sacrifice, loyalty, provision for others, family integrity, the strong protecting the weak, violence reserved for self-preservation, resistance toward ungodly authority. Horrible stuff... you're right; nobody should see that.
I read the books before seeing two of the four movies. Yes, the premise behind the "hunger games" is screwed up... that's kind of the point. Teenagers, with the help of adults, challenge the horribly broken system and change it. It reminds me a bit of David and Goliath. We live in a broken world too... we don't fix it by being naive about its harsh realities.
I can't say I know the show, but I don't doubt it's not targeted towards reblious teens looking for a liberal fantasy world to escape into.
The good fights evil excuse doesn't really cut it. That element can be found in any horror movie.
The movies also teach reblion against authority by violence. Reblion against authority is last then teens need support of. When teens don't agree with authority they now have story that tells them to rebel.
All those good aspects should be taught from the Bible not borrowed from it.
Its a movie/book just intended to entertain people. Stop reading to much into it. It's not teaching kids to rebell, it's telling a story of a corrupt government, and if you watched the movies they're obviously corrupt. The only one who can stop them is Katniss who's the best best female ever with a bow and arrow It's too over the top to be realistic and that makes it fine. I didn't go out if the theater thinking, "let's protest against our government".
The movies also teach reblion against authority by violence. Reblion against authority is last then teens need support of. When teens don't agree with authority they now have story that tells them to rebel.
All those good aspects should be taught from the Bible not borrowed from it.
They don't "teach" rebellion; they show it. There is a difference.
So... borrowing from the Bible is a bad thing? People are going to read books, watch movies, play games, and so on, whether they have biblical values or not. Isn't it better to build biblical values into entertainment media rather than to let worldly values have absolute sway? Do you really think you're going to get anything like millions of people into movie theatres to watch you (or anyone else) read from the Bible? Nice thought, but shockingly naïve. Get real, man, and stop "shoulding" on us. Put it in the BDF next time.
They don't "teach" rebellion; they show it. There is a difference.
So... borrowing from the Bible is a bad thing? People are going to read books, watch movies, play games, and so on, whether they have biblical values or not. Isn't it better to build biblical values into entertainment media rather than to let worldly values have absolute sway? Do you really think you're going to get anything like millions of people into movie theatres to watch you (or anyone else) read from the Bible? Nice thought, but shockingly naïve. Get real, man, and stop "shoulding" on us. Put it in the BDF next time.