Does doubt cause you to not receive from God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
If we are praying for something but have some doubt that God will answer your prayers (esp when the enemy is screaming in your ear that he won't) will God not answer your prayer? I know there is the scripture about a double minded person cannot expect to receive from God but surely God couldn't have made it that hard. Sometimes it is really hard to believe that he will answer your prayers. Has anyone any thoughts about this?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Prayers go nowhere, being vacant of the Holy Spirit...and...even then they are never answered precisely
the way the human mind perceives...being spiritually 'aware' ..often circumstances change in people,
places and things that may correlate with our prayer...believe it, as I can attest to this truth. I have learned
prayer is a serious and meaningful connection with God...in my 'quiet' time alone.".....:)
'Praise God'...:)

Attachments

G

Godsgirl83

Read Matthew 17:20......... it talks about faith as small as a mustard seed. Have you ever seen how small a mustard seed ACTUALLY is? SO TINY! faith-as-small-as-a-mustard-seed.jpg

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Thank you to everyone's replies so far. I went to a faith movement church which taught on God moves according to your faith. If you have doubt he will do nothing. This type of teaching scared me as everytime doubt creeps in I think God is not hearing or answering me. Thanks again for the replies. Has anyone a story how God answered their prayers despite their doubt?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It took me some time to understand that God always responds to my prayers. It was the instant I realized His response could be NO.

Since that instat I have come to experience unspoken desires have bee conceded to me, things I felt it to silly or perhaps untoward to ask for…….He takes perfect care of each of us.

Feb 28, 2019
Well....I have noticed that when I pray for something, most times it come when I least expect it. Because of this, I am willing to wait on the Lord and believe that He will bless me with what I asked for. God is truly amazing :love:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If we are praying for something but have some doubt that God will answer your prayers (esp when the enemy is screaming in your ear that he won't) will God not answer your prayer? I know there is the scripture about a double minded person cannot expect to receive from God but surely God couldn't have made it that hard. Sometimes it is really hard to believe that he will answer your prayers. Has anyone any thoughts about this?
God will answer any prayer that is aligned with His will and desire. Jesus understands the human condition quite well and knows that a lot of people, perhaps most harbor doubts or even become cynical that their prayers will be answered. The thing is, God always was, and is, and always will be so therefore He has heard your prayer even before He created the universe and will certainly consider it and if is aligned with His will and desire He will answer it regardless of your faith, whether great or small.

E

eternally-gratefull

When the disciples came back after being sent out by Jesus, a man came to jesus and said the disciples could not heal his daughter, This was jesus reply

Mark 9: 23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!

This man had doubts, He believed, but he begged God to help him in his unbelief (doubt)

What was jesus response?

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!”26 Then the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, “He is dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.

Jesus answered his prayer.

Also remember, Jesus said faith of a mustard seed can move mountains.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

A few Antonyms for faith
doubt, disbelief, rejection, distrust, faithlessness

Mar 23, 2016
In Matthew 14:22-32, Jesus came to His disciples by walking on the water. Peter asked if he could walk on the water and Jesus told Peter to come to Him. Peter walked on the water but when he looked at the waves, he became fearful and started to sink. Jesus then took Peter by the hand and lifted him up and asked Peter "why did you doubt".

We know Peter had faith to walk on the water. But Peter then allowed the circumstances surrounding him to cause him to waver in his faith.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
One of the things I used to pray was this: Lord, teach me the difference between my wants and my needs, and then teach me to want what I need-in His name, amen,

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When we pray all in your will, every base is covered right well.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Yeah? This can and does happen, when our "carnal" nature screams "you won't be able to understand it!" And God urges us to "lean not on your own understanding!" Concerning, any, if not every matter!

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Thank you to everybodies replies.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i believe yes because of this verses:

James 1:6-8 New International Version (NIV)
But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.