Does entering into Jesus' rest mean we're to give up the Sabbath day? Is the 4th commandment part of the moral law of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

You say the Pharisees made up the law about no fires huh..

Exodus 35:3
Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day

L

LPT

About walking doesn’t scripture say don’t leave where your at.

Exodus 16:29
See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

L

LPT

Ahh what do we have here a sabbath breaker. Doesn’t exodus 16:29 say not to go out.

Acts 16:13
And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
LPT: is you purpose in giving these commands about the Sabbath to say all of God's commands are too difficult to follow? Is you purpose to say that if we disobey the Sabbath, we are disobeying God and we do that anyway? I wonder what you have in mind?

Paul spoke eloquently to all of this. I agree with Paul that to obey each command in a legal way without the spirit of God is to not obey law. God's spirit of he law is not in where we go on the Sabbath, God's spirit of the law is not on the fires we build or not build on the Sabbath, but God's spirit is in our resting from our labors to refresh our spirit and bodies on one day a week.

Dec 9, 2011
Grace did not come by Jesus, grace came by God at creation. We are saved by this grace through the shedding of innocent blood, a truth that was there from the beginning. Jesus is the fulfillment of that truth.

God's law is the holy way our earth operates and is both physical and spiritual law. Jesus did not change God, God is the I Am and Jesus is part of the I Am.

These are facts, and these facts do not change in any way that Sabbath was part of creation, it is a fact. We are to honor that fact.

5y
How did you get saved since you said grace didnt come by JESUS,did you get saved by your own strength?LORD have mercy,I can hardly believe you said that.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Is the command to keep a Saturday sabbath part of the 10 commandments?

Yes. Anyone can look it up and see that it is.

2 Corinthians 3:7-8
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Those who are Christians are no longer under the ministration of death. The 10 commandments are for people who have not come to Christ. Those who can't trust in their nature to do right.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
If accepting the forgiveness that God gives through Christ cannels the need to honor the Sabbath, what all do you think that is of God that Christ cancelled? Do you think Christ replaced God in our world, a spin off from the old God is Dead?

If this is your belief, how do you explain that Christ said He cancelled nothing? Or that "I and the Father are one"?
Jesus is the “I AM” which is the name God gave to Moses. Jesus is the I AM of Isiah 9:6 that tells us:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isa 9:6)

Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation. (Col 1:15)

Christ's coming is written in the Law (the Old Testament) which Jesus fulfilled and now the sins of the redeemed are forgiven. Now, the redeemed, live under God’s “New Covenant” of grace and not under Old Testament Law.

Others, like those Jews who reject the Messiah, are still under the law. The Jews who have accepted Jesus for who He really is, in all His fullness and glory, and have made Him the LORD, or the God of their life, are among the redeemed and no longer under the law.

As Jesus said, He came to fulfil what was written in the law about him, and not abolish it.

Speaking for myself I remember, not the last day of creation, but the Creator himself.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
If accepting the forgiveness that God gives through Christ cannels the need to honor the Sabbath, what all do you think that is of God that Christ cancelled? Do you think Christ replaced God in our world, a spin off from the old God is Dead?

If this is your belief, how do you explain that Christ said He cancelled nothing? Or that "I and the Father are one"?
The Lord Jesus gives us rest from our work at the law. He didn't cancel anything. For those who refuse rest and refuse His Grace they still "get" to work at the law. The Law STILL exists to guide people to Christ.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Galatians 3:24-25
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

God gave the law so that you would know that you CAN'T perform it and instead you would HAVE TO come to Him to receive His Spirit and be CAUSED to walk in His Statutes and NOT your carnal ideas of what you think the law says.

Mar 28, 2016
Blik said: Those rules are not for us to follow. It was how far they could walk on the Sabbath, not to build fires on the Sabbath, etc

Those are ceremonial laws as shadows. They point to the true substance ,which is getting the gospel out on the sabbath, a day we rest from the usual 6 day work week.

The how far they could walk is not part of the original order like the man who did not cook or bake the mana the day before .he was removed because he did not honor the right day to bake the manna but gathered firewood on the sabbath .

The Apostate Jew over the years substituted one meal of the sabbath for three and today some four or five. The rendering twice a week is a improper translation . the word sabbath a non time sensitive word was changed to week . The man was bragging he fasted twice on the Sabbath the usual was three.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
How did you get saved since you said grace didnt come by JESUS,did you get saved by your own strength?LORD have mercy,I can hardly believe you said that.
Such strange reasoning. Did God exist before Jesus? Is God the Father of Jesus? Was Jesus there at creation? The world was 4,000 years old at the time of the earthly birth of Jesus, where was God and Jesus during those 4,000 years? Did God just begin interfacing with the world at the birth of Jesus? Did Jesus cancel what His Father is, did the world start with the birth of Jesus? What changed when Jesus was crucified, and if you read Matt. 27:51-53 it will give you a clue. You need the word you need God, the triune God.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Is the command to keep a Saturday sabbath part of the 10 commandments?

Yes. Anyone can look it up and see that it is.

2 Corinthians 3:7-8
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Those who are Christians are no longer under the ministration of death. The 10 commandments are for people who have not come to Christ. Those who can't trust in their nature to do right.
2 Corinthians is in respect to the venue; what through and how GOD's ministry works. No longer is the will of GOD to have been expressed by Tables of Stone and ink on parchment, but through the fleshly Tables of the Heart; the New man living through Christ. The Decalogue, and the words and laws that expressed righteousness contained in the Book of the Law are now in the hearts, minds and mouths of those who are partaking of the gift of the Life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Re-read Hebrews 4:8-10 and you will see there is another day [G2250] later on, that defined by its context, is for ever.

Heb 4:8-10
(8) For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on.
(9) So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

(10) for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

You are looking back, while I am looking forward to meeting with Jesus Christ who is my Sabbath rest, now and forever more.

I am resting in the eternal love of God, while you are resting, on one day a week, from your lifetime of daily toil.
Context starts Hebrews chapter three.

But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. (3:17-19)

The Rest mentioned above is the Gospel. It is the Rest which we enter when we are joined together with GOD through Christ through His Spirit; HIS Word in our hearts, minds and mouths. Joshua entering into the promised land was a shadow; a figure of the true Rest to which they were to take part of. Some did enter into the Promised land. But sadly they could not partake of the fruits thereof to the full extant because they had not partook of the true Rest i n Christ due to their willful sinning; unbelief.

This, also as Israel we are not partaking of if we are in a state of willful unbelief; sinning.

How do we know that this Rest mentioned in chapter 3 is the Gospel? Context; chapter four continues this dialog and brings this to light in verse two.

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

The Gospel words being preached did not profit them because They did not have faith. They were in a state of willful sin; unbelief.

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Staying within context the Rest mentioned above is still speaking of the Gospel. According to these verses this Rest which is the Gospel was available to enter into since the foundation of the World. It states plainly that the works for it were finished from the foundation of the World.

For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

The above text is rather interesting in the Greek in respect to how the Seventh Day is worded. It's wording is rather specific by it's usage of definite articles. Here take a look.

ειρηκεν γαρ που περι της εβδομης ουτως και κατεπαυσεν ο θεος εν τη ημερα τη εβδομη απο παντων των εργων αυτου

For He spake in a certain place of the Seventh day on this wise , And God did rest in the day the seventh from all his works. της εβδομης εν τη ημερα τη εβδομη G3588 G1442 G1722 G3588 G2250 G3588 G1442

He spake in a certain place and that place was Sinai. In Speaking the reason for the Sabbath HE said on Mt. Sinai, And GOD did rest IN THE DAY, THE SEVENTH from all HIS works. By the use of the definite articles this text is being extremely specific. Not a perpetual rest and not a millennia. A Rest in the Day the Seventh and then the week started over until the next seventh day of the week.

As the Text continues it says,

And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

The above verse actually says in this again. Place was added by the KJV translators. It is not there in the Greek. This here section of the verse is the actual bringing up of the Sabbath again for those whom have entered into the Rest which is the Gospel. Which is Christ, HIS Word in our hearts, minds and mouths. True salvation; LIFE through HIS Spirit.

In this place again, if they shall enter into my rest can be paraphrased like this. In this again HE speaks, if they shall enter into my Rest which is the Gospel.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Once again following context the above verse's mentioning that it "remaineth that some must enter therein" is in respect to the previous clause, "If they shall enter into my rest". That Rest is the Gospel if we follow the sentence structure in relation to context. As mentioned earlier in they could not enter it due to willful sin; unbelief.

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Verse 7 and 8 are a call to repentance in relation to verse six and five AND CHAPTER 3 VERSES SEVENTEEN THROUGH NINETEEN "They could not enter in because of unbelief"..
Repent HE says and accept The Rest which is the Gospel! Which some have yet to enter into due to unbelief; willful sin. TODAY is being spoken in relation to RIGHT NOW if we hear HIS voice accept the REST which is in Christ Jesus. A LIFE lead by HIS Spirit. HIS WORD in our hearts, minds and mouths. Joshua speaking of another day was in respect to MOST of them never truly entering into the Rest which is the Gospel which they had preached to them also but did not profit them not being mixed with faith in them that heard it..

There remaineth therefore a Sabbath keeping to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his (iN THE DAY THE SEVENTH).

There remaineth therefore a Sabbath keeping (iN THE DAY THE SEVENTH) to the people of God is being being spoken in relation to verses 4 and 5 not 7 and 8. Remember GOD said through the Spirit HE spake in a certain place (Mt. Sinai of THE seventh on this wise, And God did rest THE seventh THE day from all his works. And in this again (HE SPEAKS), If they shall enter into my rest (THE GOSPEL). Verse 9 is picking up from this not the call to repentance in verse 7 and 8.

Verse ten goes onto say "For he that is entered into his rest, he ALSO hath ceased from his own works, AS God did from his."

If we enter into the Rest which is the GOSPEL the text goes on to says WE ALSO (in addition to) cease from our own works AS (just like) GOD did from HIS (iN THE DAY THE SEVENTH).

THESE ARE DIFFERENT, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. WE CEASE FROM OUR WORK Like GOD did in the Day the Seventh.

Two separate things. A Sabbath Keeping in THE DAY THE SEVENTH which is a rest from physical labor as GOD did, and the GOSPEL REST which we enter into through Christ which GOD DID NOT for HE is our Rest. The Rest from our selves through HIS Spirit changing our hearts and minds.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief..

The above text's mentioning of rest is in respect to the Gospel rest not the Sabbath Keeping. The CEASING from work like GOD did in the Day, the Seventh.

(Heb 4:1-11)

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

The above text is rather interesting in the Greek in respect to how the Seventh Day is worded. It's wording is rather specific by it's usage of definite articles. Here take a look.

ειρηκεν γαρ που περι της εβδομης ουτως και κατεπαυσεν ο θεος εν τη ημερα τη εβδομη απο παντων των εργων αυτου

For He spake in a certain place of the Seventh day on this wise , And God did rest in the day the seventh from all his works. της εβδομης εν τη ημερα τη εβδομη G3588 G1442 G1722 G3588 G2250 G3588 G1442

The latter part of the section above did not post in the manner it was posted. When I seen what the editor did to the post it took to much time to fix. Here is an alternate rendering of what was posted originally.
For He spake in a certain place of the (της G3588) Seventh (εβδομης G1442) day on this wise , And God did rest in (εν G1722) the (τη G3588 ) day (ημερα G2250) the (τη G3588) seventh (εβδομη G1442) from all his works.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018

But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. (3:17-19)

The Rest mentioned above is the Gospel. It is the Rest which we enter when we are joined together with GOD through Christ through His Spirit; HIS Word in our hearts, minds and mouths. Joshua entering into the promised land was a shadow; a figure of the true Rest to which they were to take part of. Some did enter into the Promised land. But sadly they could not partake of the fruits thereof to the full extant because they had not partook of the true Rest i n Christ due to their willful sinning; unbelief.

This, also as Israel we are not partaking of if we are in a state of willful unbelief; sinning.

How do we know that this Rest mentioned in chapter 3 is the Gospel? Context; chapter four continues this dialog and brings this to light in verse two.

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

The Gospel words being preached did not profit them because They did not have faith. They were in a state of willful sin; unbelief.

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Staying within context the Rest mentioned above is still speaking of the Gospel. According to these verses this Rest which is the Gospel was available to enter into since the foundation of the World. It states plainly that the works for it were finished from the foundation of the World.

He spake in a certain place and that place was Sinai. In Speaking the reason for the Sabbath HE said on Mt. Sinai, And GOD did rest IN THE DAY, THE SEVENTH from all HIS works. By the use of the definite articles this text is being extremely specific. Not a perpetual rest and not a millennia. A Rest in the Day the Seventh and then the week started over until the next seventh day of the week.

As the Text continues it says,

And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

The above verse actually says in this again. Place was added by the KJV translators. It is not there in the Greek. This here section of the verse is the actual bringing up of the Sabbath again for those whom have entered into the Rest which is the Gospel. Which is Christ, HIS Word in our hearts, minds and mouths. True salvation; LIFE through HIS Spirit.

In this place again, if they shall enter into my rest can be paraphrased like this. In this again HE speaks, if they shall enter into my Rest which is the Gospel.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Once again following context the above verse's mentioning that it "remaineth that some must enter therein" is in respect to the previous clause, "If they shall enter into my rest". That Rest is the Gospel if we follow the sentence structure in relation to context. As mentioned earlier in they could not enter it due to willful sin; unbelief.

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Verse 7 and 8 are a call to repentance in relation to verse six and five AND CHAPTER 3 VERSES SEVENTEEN THROUGH NINETEEN "They could not enter in because of unbelief"..
Repent HE says and accept The Rest which is the Gospel! Which some have yet to enter into due to unbelief; willful sin. TODAY is being spoken in relation to RIGHT NOW if we hear HIS voice accept the REST which is in Christ Jesus. A LIFE lead by HIS Spirit. HIS WORD in our hearts, minds and mouths. Joshua speaking of another day was in respect to MOST of them never truly entering into the Rest which is the Gospel which they had preached to them also but did not profit them not being mixed with faith in them that heard it..

There remaineth therefore a Sabbath keeping to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his (iN THE DAY THE SEVENTH).

There remaineth therefore a Sabbath keeping (iN THE DAY THE SEVENTH) to the people of God is being being spoken in relation to verses 4 and 5 not 7 and 8. Remember GOD said through the Spirit HE spake in a certain place (Mt. Sinai of THE seventh on this wise, And God did rest THE seventh THE day from all his works. And in this again (HE SPEAKS), If they shall enter into my rest (THE GOSPEL). Verse 9 is picking up from this not the call to repentance in verse 7 and 8.

Verse ten goes onto say "For he that is entered into his rest, he ALSO hath ceased from his own works, AS God did from his."

If we enter into the Rest which is the GOSPEL the text goes on to says WE ALSO (in addition to) cease from our own works AS (just like) GOD did from HIS (iN THE DAY THE SEVENTH).

THESE ARE DIFFERENT, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. WE CEASE FROM OUR WORK Like GOD did in the Day the Seventh.

Two separate things. A Sabbath Keeping in THE DAY THE SEVENTH which is a rest from physical labor as GOD did, and the GOSPEL REST which we enter into through Christ which GOD DID NOT for HE is our Rest. The Rest from our selves through HIS Spirit changing our hearts and minds.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief..

The above text's mentioning of rest is in respect to the Gospel rest not the Sabbath Keeping. The CEASING from work like GOD did in the Day, the Seventh.

(Heb 4:1-11)
I think this whole rest issue is interesting, but I think we must be cautious about judging who does and does not enter into it, and even ultimately what this rest truly is. I will simply point to Moses and have you notice how God carried him up to the mountain top to see the “promised land,” but not enter it.

By analogy I’m sure there is more than one way to view this, but only one is true.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
2 Corinthians is in respect to the venue; what through and how GOD's ministry works. No longer is the will of GOD to have been expressed by Tables of Stone and ink on parchment, but through the fleshly Tables of the Heart; the New man living through Christ. The Decalogue, and the words and laws that expressed righteousness contained in the Book of the Law are now in the hearts, minds and mouths of those who are partaking of the gift of the Life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Yes. Except they are TWO DIFFERENT Ministrations.

The Law written on Stone is the Ministration of Death and Condemnation.

The Law that is written on our hearts and minds is a New Law. Not Commandments. The Ministration of Righteousness by the Spirit.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

You're not free of anything if it is the same Law that is written on stone as the Law that is written on the Christians heart and mind.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

I do not read long posts and this is as far as I got.

The Gospel is the message by which unbelievers and the wicked are led to Jesus Christ, in whom they find rest.

The unbelieving, disobedient Israelites in the wilderness, did not find that rest and only two entered the promised land.

Those who find God's rest are those who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation. WE become the Temple of God. The Holy Spirit enters in. There is no need to visit temples made by man with stone, for the will of God is written on the " fleshly Tables of the Heart."

Solomon built God a house, the Temple,
"But the Most High God does not live in houses built by human hands; as the prophet says,'Heaven is my throne, says the Lord, and the earth is my footstool.

What kind of house would you build for me? Where is the place for me to live in?

Did not I myself make all these things?'

"How stubborn you are!" Stephen went on to say. "How heathen your hearts, how deaf you are to God's message! You are just like your ancestors: you too have always resisted the Holy Spirit!

Act 7:48-51

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I think this whole rest issue is interesting, but I think we must be cautious about judging who does and does not enter into it, and even ultimately what this rest truly is. I will simply point to Moses and have you notice how God carried him up to the mountain top to see the “promised land,” but not enter it.

By analogy I’m sure there is more than one way to view this, but only one is true.
I have not judged anyone one way or the other.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Yes. Except they are TWO DIFFERENT Ministrations.
Never said anything different. The Ministry; the way we share GOD and HIS love went From Tables of Stone and ink on parchment to the fleshly tables of the heart.

You're not free of anything if it is the same Law that is written on stone as the Law that is written on the Christians heart and mind.
It is no longer a question of obeying because we are told to. We do those things that are pleasing in in HIS sight because HE has changed or is changing us.

Paul Paraphrasing Deut.30:11-14 in Romans 10:6-8 says different from what you are saying. The Law which is of the Spirit of GOD is where true Faith comes from. A heart that has Christ in it has the word in it. Paul Paraphrasing Deuteronomy thirty defines what is meant by his use of the word word in Romans 10:8. The word is the statutes and commandments contained in the book of the Law. If Christ is in the heart, the word; the statutes and commandments contained in the Book of the Law are.

., Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;For Christ (Faith; the Word in the Heart and mouth) is the end of the law (written tables of stone and parchment) for righteousness to every one that believeth
(Rom 10:4-8)

A new ministration, for we have been made the ministers of the New Covenant. Not through Tables of Stone but through us due to the change on our the fleshly tables of our hearts through Christ's indwelling.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(Heb 8:10 KJV)

T

Tim416

Never said anything different. The Ministry; the way we share GOD and HIS love went From Tables of Stone and ink on parchment to the fleshly tables of the heart.

It is no longer a question of obeying because we are told to. We do those things that are pleasing in in HIS sight because HE has changed or is changing us.

Paul Paraphrasing Deut.30:11-14 in Romans 10:6-8 says different from what you are saying. The Law which is of the Spirit of GOD is where true Faith comes from. A heart that has Christ in it has the word in it. Paul Paraphrasing Deuteronomy thirty defines what is meant by his use of the word word in Romans 10:8. The word is the statutes and commandments contained in the book of the Law. If Christ is in the heart, the word; the statutes and commandments contained in the Book of the Law are.

., Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;For Christ (Faith; the Word in the Heart and mouth) is the end of the law (written tables of stone and parchment) for righteousness to every one that believeth
(Rom 10:4-8)

A new ministration, for we have been made the ministers of the New Covenant. Not through Tables of Stone but through us due to the change on our the fleshly tables of our hearts through Christ's indwelling.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(Heb 8:10 KJV)
I agree with you, the law is now in the heart and mind for the believer. If Christ is in the heart, the words and statutes of the law the believer is to follow are also there, absolutely!

Through the law we become conscious of sin Rom3:20

Therefore, every one who is in a saved state/has Christ in their heart knows in their mind the law that has been placed there. For obviously, you in your mind must know what is in your mind. And when you wilfully transgress that law, you must have heartfelt conviction of sin when doing so. There can be no hiding from what is in your most inward parts.
Which, in truth makes redundant, some Christians trying to tell other christians which laws they must follow