does evidence undermine religion?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I am sorry if anything I have said has offended anybody, that is not what I set out to do, I said very early on in this thread that I do believe a god created everything we see, that to me is obvious, I just struggle with everything else I have encountered in my life, my idea of god is a far superior being that must be eternal, but I also think that this being or god just gave us a chance, like many other species had theirs, I am probably not making much (if any) sense to you but 45 years of life experience has brought me to this conclusion, I also know I am not perfect but I know I have done my best with the cards I have been dealt, I am waffling now
the god that you believe created everything... has he/she/it attempted to communicate with us?

I

Is

There is plenty of physical evidence for evolution and the old earth mythology as you put it....but I don't want to bore you with 150 years of research, if we are to take the bible literally then you must explain in detail how for example the animals leaving the ark found their way to far reaching areas of the world, and why there is no actual physical evidence of a global flood.
The arrival of the fitest, doesn't explain the survival of the fitest. The mutation process is only used for fine tuning systems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The OP is no longer with us, and cannot respond...

Jan 27, 2015
To finish off this thread I wish I had never started, I would just like to ask a short question,
I have been married for nearly 20 years, I have 4 wonderful children, I have never been in trouble with the law, I have never hurt anybody, I have always worked hard for my family, I am loyal and trustworthy, I think a lot about this, here is the question .. why am I not worthy in your eyes?
Hebrews 11:6 - Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

willfollowsGod

Apr 14, 2011
Am I alone in thinking that saying "Oh my God" is not blasphemy?
Depends on the context but a lot of people who are not Christians use it and what they are doing is blaspheming through that usage, now if you mean it that is different. God bless.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
What evidence undermined the Biblical account? None that I know of. A rock? Yes, the interpretation of that rock are polar opposite because of world views but not evidence. A creationist and an evolutionist have the same rock the same test the same outcomes of the test. Two different theories based on two different world views.