M
Mitspa
Guest
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
[SUP]7 [/SUP] And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
[SUP]8 [/SUP] Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
[SUP]9 [/SUP] And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Sometimes God will not heal us because He wants us to lean on Him and not on ourselves.
Healing is a part of God's work but does that mean He has to heal everyone who wants healing? God can and does use our infirmities to bring us closer to Him.
God will heal those whom He wants to heal and we are to rely on God and not demand He does everything we want!
Paul suffered because he had power to heal and grew so mighty in power the Lord in some way wanted him to become weaker and more dependent upon Him...and healing is not based upon the person of Paul, but the work of Jesus Christ.
If any are claiming that they have come to the place of power and spiritual revelation as Paul and therefore God has to humble you? I think you need to be humbled, but not for the reason of Paul.
Ac 14:9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed,
10 said with a loud voice, "Stand up straight on your feet!" And he leaped and walked.
11 Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, "The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!"
Paul was so powerful that they took clothing that has touched his body and healed people and even cast out devils. I just don't buy that those who have no power from God could make the claim to pauls thorn in the flesh!