Does God want you poor and sick?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitspa
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I do not deny that physical healing was taking place, in those times. But that does not mean that it is meant for today. God does heal yes I do not deny it, but as I said previously, it was a special time where evidence was being given to the Jews that the healer of their souls had come. It is obviously not the same today as many who have faith that God will heal them, do not get healed.
So has God changed? is there a different Holy Spirit or has the promises of God failed? And clearly healing was present in the gentile churches and as the Word of God went unto the Gentiles... So are you assuming that God is not the same and taking the words and traditions of men above the evident word of God?
 
I will give myself as an example - I have been sick since mercury poisoning nearly killed me at 6 months of age. I have been a believer for 43 years and absolutely believe that God can heal me instantly but he has not. Instead he has granted me an intimacy with him that is reserved for a few.

Lots of folks believe they have a special relationship with God and I hope you do? But we don't judge the truth of Gods Word and power based on the person of any man but based upon the Person of Jesus Christ and His evident Word.
 
Mitspa

You do not seem to have read what I have written as you are not addressing anything specifically. God deals with men in different ways at different times though he does not change. I judge my standing with God according to his promises that I can overcome my circumstances including sickness poverty and lack of any help or support at all, being housebound in the main but praising him nevertheless.
 
Mitspa

You do not seem to have read what I have written as you are not addressing anything specifically. God deals with men in different ways at different times though he does not change. I judge my standing with God according to his promises that I can overcome my circumstances including sickness poverty and lack of any help or support at all, being housebound in the main but praising him nevertheless.

I think that is honorable that your faith endures and hope you abound in the joy of the Lord, but that don't change the fact that we are called to believe the sure and evident promises of God. Now if these promises of healing are not as sure and evident to you as they are to me? Do I have to deny the truth to satisfy your understanding? I say no! I say you should consider that God is bigger than your ability to know Him in His fullness and that you might be humble enough to receive new revelation of His goodness.

1Co 8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
 
Mitspa

I have total faith that he can heal me, now, at this minute. But my peace and joy do not depend on it. I am only concerned at fulfilling his will for me. I believe in his promises to deliver me from sin and to give me peace and joy in my salvation. Others get healed occasionally and that does not dim my love for him. He has not healed me and that is it.
 
Mitspa

I have total faith that he can heal me, now, at this minute. But my peace and joy do not depend on it. I am only concerned at fulfilling his will for me. I believe in his promises to deliver me from sin and to give me peace and joy in my salvation. Others get healed occasionally and that does not dim my love for him. He has not healed me and that is it.
Good..Im glad for you! But your lack of understanding or lack of need or desire for healing, don't change the clear and evident promises of God....My friend its not about you and your glory, its about God and His Glory!
 
I did have a great desire for healing at one point, after listening to the WoF teachings that it is promised. I spent a period of time thinking the way you are preaching but it did not happen which led me to look deeply into what scripture teaches on healing. The article I wrote was the result. Yes God heals today but no, it is not part of the atonement. Healing of our sinfulness is. God is gloried in our acceptance of the circumstances we find ourselves in.
 
I did have a great desire for healing at one point, after listening to the WoF teachings that it is promised. I spent a period of time thinking the way you are preaching but it did not happen which led me to look deeply into what scripture teaches on healing. The article I wrote was the result. Yes God heals today but no, it is not part of the atonement. Healing of our sinfulness is. God is gloried in our acceptance of the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Well im not here to defend the WOF or any group...and if you say that healing is not part of the work of Christ ...your just wrong and you can not defend that position from scripture. God Bless
 
Great
Recently The Lord has impressed on me the awesome complexity of God and life. That we often muddy the water seeking simple answers. The wonder of God and life is in its complexities. Muddy water is like fog covering a star studded night.
 
Great
Recently The Lord has impressed on me the awesome complexity of God and life. That we often muddy the water seeking simple answers. The wonder of God and life is in its complexities. Muddy water is like fog covering a star studded night.
I was born in Texas, they say everything is bigger in Texas this is true the hearts there are very big:)
 
Great
Recently The Lord has impressed on me the awesome complexity of God and life. That we often muddy the water seeking simple answers. The wonder of God and life is in its complexities. Muddy water is like fog covering a star studded night.

You wrote a good post.
 
If I write something and hit "Reply" does it show up in the general thread or do I need to hit "Reply to Thread" to let everyone see it?
 
If I write something and hit "Reply" does it show up in the general thread or do I need to hit "Reply to Thread" to let everyone see it?

It should say
"post reply" or something like that...but "reply to thread" brings up your text options.
 
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
[SUP]7 [/SUP] And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
[SUP]8 [/SUP] Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
[SUP]9 [/SUP] And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sometimes God will not heal us because He wants us to lean on Him and not on ourselves.

Healing is a part of God's work but does that mean He has to heal everyone who wants healing? God can and does use our infirmities to bring us closer to Him.

God will heal those whom He wants to heal and we are to rely on God and not demand He does everything we want!