Does God want you poor and sick?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitspa
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
If God doesn't love poor people why did He make so many of them? I wonder if God sewed pockets into the animal skins for Adam and Eve?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Who is saying God doesn't love poor people? And God didn't make poor people, he made people with souls to worship him and live faithful to him. We are the ones who choose if we want to listen to God or do our own things.
 
You think you are so holy but in actuality you are full of bitterness and mockery. I see no love coming from any of your arguments, just putting people down with your sickening attitude.

So you telling people God wants them to be rich, and never be sick is loving?

You see things different than I do. You are destroying lives and turning people from God with your false hope. I am not slaming you. I am slaming your doctrine. If that offends you. not much I can do about it.
 
Sorry EG can't read your posts.

Thats good.. Someone who will not listen to anything someone says is not worth talking too.

Have fun with your wealth and health doctrines. I pray you do not turn many people away from God when they realise how wrong it is. ( I have seen to many walk away already, Sadly I know there will be more, whether you believe it or not. )
 
You think you are so holy but in actuality you are full of bitterness and mockery. I see no love coming from any of your arguments, just putting people down with your sickening attitude.
Oh boy! Bitterness and mockery is so uplifting.

You keep talking about negativity.


No problem. Think it is time for a break from this forum. Too much negativity to include me

When is it time to stop it in you too? If you don't like something, don't do it. Just because liver exist doesn't mean we have to eat it. Same thing with negativity.

Again, I've blocked you because of this attitude. You don't like it, so don't do it. I get what I want out of this site by making stuff I don't like disappear. Welcome to the world of the Internet. (Oh come on. That's funny. You were young when this Internet thingy caught on. I wasn't so much. lol)

EG does get negative sometimes. From what I've seen, you're negative all the time. Holier than thou is being perfected in you. Get over it. How about rejoining us unperfected and having some joy return? Remember joy from God? Cool thing!!! If you'd stop pointing your finger at others, maybe you can regain that joy.
 
As for money, God has always provided for our needs, just as he said he would.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

The crucial part of this verse, is distinguishing between "wants" and "needs." I don't need to be rich. I need to wake up with a roof over my head, and food to eat. But truly, as my husband and I learned to distinguish between wants and needs, God has blessed us with a comfortable life, in so many ways.

As for healing, the WoF was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I was prayed for over and over for healing from Rheumatoid Arthritis, during which time I was not properly diagnosed and hence not on the right medication. My WoF friends condemned me for not having enough faith, for resisting God, for harbouring bitterness and unforgiveness, and hiding willful sin. (Oh yes, then there was the leader of this group, ordained by Kenneth Copeland - she got breast cancer, claimed healing, refused treatment and died about 10 months later - that really upset me more than anything!)
5
So there I was, in absolute agony, and my Christian friends were adding to my burden in a way much worse than Job's comforters. The depression that hit me was overwhelming, and it took several years of walking away from God (although he never walked away from me!) to finally start reading the Psalms under the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

My bad theology just heaped guilt and ruin upon my life. I thought I was the only person who was suffering and hurting. But God showed me so many things from his Word. I was not alone in suffering and depression. There were so many in the Bible who cried out for deliverance from God, trusting him when their prayers were not answered.

This verse was the turning point in renewing my walk with God, and in beginning a transformation and understanding that God was using EVERYTHING for our good and for his glory.

"
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

But this verse in Psalms was the beginning of starting to feel like God understood, and that many had been in my place. That suffering is common to humanity.

"5 Why am I so depressed?
Why this turmoil within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him,
my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5, 43:5


God called me to Seminary, where the study of the Bible was intense. But it did not replace my personal devotions. My health improved on the right medications, but I had the consequences of many years of pain - severe deformities. In 2009 I had my right foot totally reconstructed. It was painful and a failure. I could not walk for 6 weeks. I could not talk, because I had an RA nodule damage my vocal folds because I had to go off medication for the surgery. But I held onto God and this time, he showed me the most amazing verses, and it has given me more hope than any life free of sickness and suffering could ever have done.

"
More than that, we rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5

The last 6 months, since my last med failure have been physically excruciating. At several points, the flares were so debilitating that my husband had to lift me into my wheelchair, push me to the bathroom, lift me on the toilet, then repeat the process to get back to bed. My rheumatologist said he had never seen anyone so bad.

But never during this time did I get depressed. I trusted God, even if I could never find another medicine that worked. I believed God would once again use my suffering and help me to grow as a Christian. God has graciously supplied me with a new med, that seems to be working. I am walking, riding my bike, gardening, and serving in church. But I never demanded this, just prayed that God would be merciful.

I do rejoice in all that I have suffered with this disease, because God has used it to shape, mold me and transform me into his image. And eternity, that will count more than all the health and wealth in this lifetime.

Sorry for so long a post/testimony!
 
As for money, God has always provided for our needs, just as he said he would.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

The crucial part of this verse, is distinguishing between "wants" and "needs." I don't need to be rich. I need to wake up with a roof over my head, and food to eat. But truly, as my husband and I learned to distinguish between wants and needs, God has blessed us with a comfortable life, in so many ways.

As for healing, the WoF was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I was prayed for over and over for healing from Rheumatoid Arthritis, during which time I was not properly diagnosed and hence not on the right medication. My WoF friends condemned me for not having enough faith, for resisting God, for harbouring bitterness and unforgiveness, and hiding willful sin. (Oh yes, then there was the leader of this group, ordained by Kenneth Copeland - she got breast cancer, claimed healing, refused treatment and died about 10 months later - that really upset me more than anything!)
5
So there I was, in absolute agony, and my Christian friends were adding to my burden in a way much worse than Job's comforters. The depression that hit me was overwhelming, and it took several years of walking away from God (although he never walked away from me!) to finally start reading the Psalms under the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

My bad theology just heaped guilt and ruin upon my life. I thought I was the only person who was suffering and hurting. But God showed me so many things from his Word. I was not alone in suffering and depression. There were so many in the Bible who cried out for deliverance from God, trusting him when their prayers were not answered.

This verse was the turning point in renewing my walk with God, and in beginning a transformation and understanding that God was using EVERYTHING for our good and for his glory.

"
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

But this verse in Psalms was the beginning of starting to feel like God understood, and that many had been in my place. That suffering is common to humanity.

"5 Why am I so depressed?
Why this turmoil within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him,
my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5, 43:5


God called me to Seminary, where the study of the Bible was intense. But it did not replace my personal devotions. My health improved on the right medications, but I had the consequences of many years of pain - severe deformities. In 2009 I had my right foot totally reconstructed. It was painful and a failure. I could not walk for 6 weeks. I could not talk, because I had an RA nodule damage my vocal folds because I had to go off medication for the surgery. But I held onto God and this time, he showed me the most amazing verses, and it has given me more hope than any life free of sickness and suffering could ever have done.

"
More than that, we rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5

The last 6 months, since my last med failure have been physically excruciating. At several points, the flares were so debilitating that my husband had to lift me into my wheelchair, push me to the bathroom, lift me on the toilet, then repeat the process to get back to bed. My rheumatologist said he had never seen anyone so bad.

But never during this time did I get depressed. I trusted God, even if I could never find another medicine that worked. I believed God would once again use my suffering and help me to grow as a Christian. God has graciously supplied me with a new med, that seems to be working. I am walking, riding my bike, gardening, and serving in church. But I never demanded this, just prayed that God would be merciful.

I do rejoice in all that I have suffered with this disease, because God has used it to shape, mold me and transform me into his image. And eternity, that will count more than all the health and wealth in this lifetime.

Sorry for so long a post/testimony!

And I am sure people see your love for God in this, and wonder how you can be so loving of a God that allowed this. This is the light God speaks of. the peace God speaks of, the things we do to draw people to him. And he gets all the glory.

I pray for you. And if God willing, you may find some healing.

I thank God, by his stripes you were healed spiritually and eternally. and because of it, your momentary affliction (when compaired to eternity) is bearable
 
Side stepping.

Again, I'm thickheaded. How about a yes or no answer to this question?
Does God want you poor and sick

what question? The answer to your last one is I believe every promise of God in Jesus Christ, is yes and amen :D
 
Ps 103:1 ¶ <<A Psalm of David.>> Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
 
Who is saying God doesn't love poor people? And God didn't make poor people, he made people with souls to worship him and live faithful to him. We are the ones who choose if we want to listen to God or do our own things.
The Lord Jesus promised to meet our needs. Needs and wants are not the same thing. It is natural for man to desire the perceived security of riches. I would love to invent a widget that would improve life for everyone and make me richer than King Midas but scripture warns that riches draw one away from God. Suffering draws us closer to God. When we suffer we see how much we depend upon Gods mercy everyday. We do not appreciate good health until we experience sickness. Its just the nature of man.

Scripture states that godliness with contentment is great gain.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
what question? The answer to your last one is I believe every promise of God in Jesus Christ, is yes and amen :D
Okay, so not a problem with you that Paul was forever sick, out in the elements, flat broke, and in pain with no one to help him. Not a problem to you that he told Tim to take some wine for the belly act. Not a problem with you that someone once pulled a coin out of a caught fish, because he didn't have any money to give as a tithe. Not a problem that Lazarus died again. Not a problem that Solomon was incredibly rich, and that David went from shepherd boy to solider to homeless to king. Not a problem with you that Moses had a speech impediment.

Good, just as long as you agree with the Bible. Cool.
 
2Co 9:6 ¶ But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

We don't seek the blessing of God for our own lust, we seek the blessing so we have abundance to give to those in need. (for every good work) do some of you not understand the desire to help others and seek the ability from God to bless those have great need....this is love!
 
Okay, so not a problem with you that Paul was forever sick, out in the elements, flat broke, and in pain with no one to help him. Not a problem to you that he told Tim to take some wine for the belly act. Not a problem with you that someone once pulled a coin out of a caught fish, because he didn't have any money to give as a tithe. Not a problem that Lazarus died again. Not a problem that Solomon was incredibly rich, and that David went from shepherd boy to solider to homeless to king. Not a problem with you that Moses had a speech impediment.

Good, just as long as you agree with the Bible. Cool.

Don't bother me if you think that...without doubt he had an infirmity because He was so powerful...not because He didn't have the power of God to heal, but because he had in effect come to a place that God wanted him to be more dependent upon His grace.... Now are you claiming that you or anyone else on this forum has attained to the place of power that Paul had attained? And it don't matter anyway if God chose to deal with Paul in this way (whatever you believe) because all the promises of God are yes and amen in Christ Jesus, those promises are not based upon Paul but on Jesus Christ.
 
1 Corinthians 4

8 [o]Now ye are full: now ye are made rich: ye reign as kings without us, and would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.
9 For I think that God hath set forth us the last Apostles, as men appointed to death, for we are made a [p]gassing stock unto the world, and to the Angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, and ye are wise in Christ: we are weak, and ye are strong: yeare honorable, and we are despised.
11 Unto this hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place,
12 And labor, working with our own hands: we are reviled, and yet we bless: we are persecuted,and suffer it.
13 We are evil spoken of, and we pray: we are made as the [q]filth of the world, the offscouring of all things, unto this time.
14 [r]I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I admonish you.



Revelation 3:171599 Geneva Bible (GNV)


17 For thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing, and knowest not how thou art wretched and miserable, [a]and poor, and blind, and naked.
 
Okay, so not a problem with you that Paul was forever sick, out in the elements, flat broke, and in pain with no one to help him. Not a problem to you that he told Tim to take some wine for the belly act. Not a problem with you that someone once pulled a coin out of a caught fish, because he didn't have any money to give as a tithe. Not a problem that Lazarus died again. Not a problem that Solomon was incredibly rich, and that David went from shepherd boy to solider to homeless to king. Not a problem with you that Moses had a speech impediment.

Good, just as long as you agree with the Bible. Cool.

Paul wasn't sickly.
 
[h=1]Psalm 73 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)[/h]73 1 The Prophet teacheth by his example that neither the worldly prosperity of the ungodly, 14 nor yet the affliction of the good ought to discourage God’s children: but rather ought to move us to consider our Father’s providence, and to cause us to reverence God’s judgments, 19 forasmuch as the wicked vanish away, 24 and the godly enter into life everlasting, 28 in hope whereof he resigneth himself into God’s hands.
[h=4]A Psalm committed to Asaph.[/h]1 Yet [a]God is good to Israel: even to the pure in heart.
2 As for me, my feet were almost gone: my steps had well near slipped.
3 For I fretted at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are [b]no bands in their death, but they are lusty and strong.
5 They are not in trouble as other men, neither are they plagued with other men.
6 [c]Therefore pride is as a chain unto them, and cruelty covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out for fatness: [d]they have more than heart can wish.
8 They are licentious, and speak wickedly of their oppression: they talk presumptuously.
9 They [e]set their mouth against heaven, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10 Therefore his [f]people turn hither: for waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11 And they [g]say, How doth God know it? or is there knowledge in the most High?
12 Lo these are the wicked, yet prosper they always, and increase in riches.
13 Certainly I have cleansed mine heart in vain, and washed mine hands in innocency.
14 For daily have I been punished, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, [h]I will judge thus, behold the generation of thy children, I have trespassed.
16 Then thought I to know this, but it was too painful for me,
17 Until I went into the [i]Sanctuary of God: then understood I their end.
18 Surely thou hast set them in slippery places, and castest them down into desolation.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed, perished and [j]horribly consumed,
20 As a dream when one awaketh! O Lord, when [k]thou raisest us up, thou shalt make their image despised.
21 Certainly mine heart was vexed, and I was pricked in my reins.
22 So foolish was I and ignorant: I was a [l]beast before thee.
23 Yet I was always [m]with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
24 Thou wilt guide me by thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in [n]heaven but thee? and I have desired none in the earth with thee.
26 My flesh faileth and mine heart also: but God is the strength of mine heart, and my [o]portion forever.
27 For lo, that they withdraw themselves from thee, shall perish: thou destroyest all them that[p]go a whoring from thee.
28 As for me, it is good for me [q]to draw near to God: therefore I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.
 
1 Corinthians 4

8 [o]Now ye are full: now ye are made rich: ye reign as kings without us, and would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.
9 For I think that God hath set forth us the last Apostles, as men appointed to death, for we are made a [p]gassing stock unto the world, and to the Angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, and ye are wise in Christ: we are weak, and ye are strong: yeare honorable, and we are despised.
11 Unto this hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place,
12 And labor, working with our own hands: we are reviled, and yet we bless: we are persecuted,and suffer it.
13 We are evil spoken of, and we pray: we are made as the [q]filth of the world, the offscouring of all things, unto this time.
14 [r]I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I admonish you.



Revelation 3:171599 Geneva Bible (GNV)


17 For thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing, and knowest not how thou art wretched and miserable, [a]and poor, and blind, and naked.

Re 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Re 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
 
Psalm 73 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

73 1 The Prophet teacheth by his example that neither the worldly prosperity of the ungodly, 14 nor yet the affliction of the good ought to discourage God’s children: but rather ought to move us to consider our Father’s providence, and to cause us to reverence God’s judgments, 19 forasmuch as the wicked vanish away, 24 and the godly enter into life everlasting, 28 in hope whereof he resigneth himself into God’s hands.
A Psalm committed to Asaph.

1 Yet [a]God is good to Israel: even to the pure in heart.
2 As for me, my feet were almost gone: my steps had well near slipped.
3 For I fretted at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are [b]no bands in their death, but they are lusty and strong.
5 They are not in trouble as other men, neither are they plagued with other men.
6 [c]Therefore pride is as a chain unto them, and cruelty covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out for fatness: [d]they have more than heart can wish.
8 They are licentious, and speak wickedly of their oppression: they talk presumptuously.
9 They [e]set their mouth against heaven, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10 Therefore his [f]people turn hither: for waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11 And they [g]say, How doth God know it? or is there knowledge in the most High?
12 Lo these are the wicked, yet prosper they always, and increase in riches.
13 Certainly I have cleansed mine heart in vain, and washed mine hands in innocency.
14 For daily have I been punished, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, [h]I will judge thus, behold the generation of thy children, I have trespassed.
16 Then thought I to know this, but it was too painful for me,
17 Until I went into the [i]Sanctuary of God: then understood I their end.
18 Surely thou hast set them in slippery places, and castest them down into desolation.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed, perished and [j]horribly consumed,
20 As a dream when one awaketh! O Lord, when [k]thou raisest us up, thou shalt make their image despised.
21 Certainly mine heart was vexed, and I was pricked in my reins.
22 So foolish was I and ignorant: I was a [l]beast before thee.
23 Yet I was always [m]with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
24 Thou wilt guide me by thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in [n]heaven but thee? and I have desired none in the earth with thee.
26 My flesh faileth and mine heart also: but God is the strength of mine heart, and my [o]portion forever.
27 For lo, that they withdraw themselves from thee, shall perish: thou destroyest all them that[p]go a whoring from thee.
28 As for me, it is good for me [q]to draw near to God: therefore I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

2Co 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;