Does height make a difference?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I would prefer dating someone who is taller than me but I am only 5'4''

M

Miri

I’m 5’ 1” everyone is taller than me!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I’m 5’ 1” everyone is taller than me!
I am old enough now that I have started to shrink.....At my tallest I probably might have been able to claim almost 5' 3" but now I think I am getting closer to 5' 1".... So I think we could see eye to eye on this one....

H

Hamarr

How short is considered a Hobbit? There are a couple of ladies at work like that. Might be 4’10” ish. And do you shorter ladies find people don’t take you seriously, or call you things like Hobbit?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Maybe ask the supermodel cohort about their dating experiences, since most of them are at least 6 feet.

I do recall a tall friend of mine, had little problem attracting the lads but since she was of supermodel stature, maybe its just that tall people are used to everyone else being shorter than them, so it doesnt matter for them.

I think just go with whoever interests you and you get along with dont make rules about it. Besides if its dating its not like you have to keep going out with them all the time, just go out once or twice and if doesnt work out then you dont have to date them again!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
How short is considered a Hobbit? There are a couple of ladies at work like that. Might be 4’10” ish. And do you shorter ladies find people don’t take you seriously, or call you things like Hobbit?

Only if they have hairy feet.

1570476917203.jpeg

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I am reminded of a girl who was riding on the church bus. She was 12 and was lamenting her short stature and expressing impatience with the whole growing up thing taking so long. Her main gripe was people didn't take her seriously.

I said, "You'd better take advantage of being small while you have it. You can still use the cute factor, but you won't have that going for you when you grow up."

She cheered up and started reminiscing all the things she had gotten (and gotten out of) by being cute.
Aren't point of view and how we see things interesting things that make such a huge difference🙂

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The issue of men and height is not a new one. It's long been established that, more often, shorter men have more struggles in various areas of their life, than taller men.
Citing a few examples otherwise does not disprove this.
Yet it's purely about perception rather than any actual differences in them. Taller men with full head of hair are perceived as more successful, competent and sometimes even nicer.
Then we have someone such as Danny Devito. Successful actor that is known for being a super nice guy. But short and bald.
Even think if the wretched movie Twins with Devito and Schwarzenegger. One is tall, handsome, strong, confident, etc...
The other is short, bald, criminalistic, selfish, etc...
Try making that movie with the roles switched and people would call it unbelievable.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am taller than my dad.
I dont think he had any major issues in life, you know if you short do the things that you are best at and are natural at eg dont bother trying out for the basketball team. But you could be the cox rower or jockey.

Movies are not a source to measure reality by, and even change fiction into what makes better eye candy. For example, in Jane Eyre, the novel said Mr Rochester was ugly, so who do they find to play his character on screen. Someone whos not ugly.

In one movie adaption of Little House on the Prairie, Laura is played by a blonde actress when through out
the books and in real life its always emphasied she was brunette.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Dunno about heightisim im 6'5, but i do sometimes think about shorter people and how they kindof scuttle around on shorter legs all fast to their destinations. Just gotta learn to slow it down a bit and learn to stroll, nice and smooth like i do... Get that glide action in lol.

Height is what you make of it. I have shorter friends who kill it in the business game, and friends who kill it in the dating game. How you feel about yourself and how you carry yourself is what matters most. If you are small and you have low self esteem about it and yourself, then you are indeed small, and you have low self esteem. And people won't cater to it, they will pick up on the vibe that you give off , and how they react to you will only affirm/ confirm what you believe about yourself in the first place. On the other hand when you feel good about yourself and have high self esteem, the negative focus of you being small will be negated, while more positive
things that you focus will be most relevant.

T

tasha66

I'm fairly tall. It causes me no end of problems, like when I'm at work using our computers/laptops typing out my clinical notes, & I can't adjust the desk height. I get lots of neck & shoulder pain, as I have to hunch alot.
I've dated short blokes & it never bothered me. But I prefer taller guys, I suppose because I feel safer with them. Most of my ex-bf's were over 6 foot.
We have a lady at work who is a midget - and before people get on here and condemn me for saying 'midget', that is the medical term used for people with a dwarfism-type condition. She has to use step stools & deal with very obstreporous & sometimes violent clients like I do, but she has a quiet way about her & when she talks, we all stop & listen. She is just a lovely wee person (no pun intended there!). It makes me laugh, because she has to deal with some of our huge clients (Maori guys for example are renowned for being big), & she stands up to them. Some of them are bikies, into dope & gangs etc. They all respect her & obey her.
I've also known shorter people who had a big presence - they were loud & opinionated, but I've also known other short blokes who deflected everything with humour.
I've never thought much re the challenges of short people.
Sorry to hear you felt demeaned at work. I guess people just don't think sometimes - you know, we automatically lean down to talk down to kids - or they aren't aware of their behaviour.
Maybe you could start a work education program re this subject? Just a thought.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I’m 5’ 10”. My last relationship he was 5’ 6”. Height wasn’t a factor at all. I adored him. Just my thoughts. Me being taller didn't seem to bother him either.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
At 6'4", I overlook nearly all women. I work with quite a few women who are around 5'0 to 5'5; they all seem very short to me. My preference is 5'9 or taller.

I've heard that unicorns are tall.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Heyyy.. im 5'5.... on the bright side, Id always let you know if you had something in your nose.... since that would be my view.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Heyyy.. im 5'5.... on the bright side, Id always let you know if you had something in your nose.... since that would be my view.
I don't know how to respond to that, but I do know the queue for llamacorns is, um... shorter. ;)

M

Miri

I suppose if you are a tall person, you will know when it’s raining before us short ones. Also you are more likely to knock yourself out on the top of a door frame!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Height we cant really control how tall we grow, its more the sideways or widthways growth thats within our power to a certain extent.

But thats a whole nother topic.

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
It does have a big impact on me especially being a guy and being this short. I was pretty much the shortest from all my school friends. It also doesn't seem to get any better if you have other self esteem issues and the "height thing" can be very intimidating. I'm 1.62. It's very difficult if you're introverted and have little to no confidence. 😢