Does the Bible support the idea of a spinning ball earth flying through space, or is that a Satanic, Masonic lie?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
I would love to hear compelling and intelligent answers to that question. I have been asking that among the Christian community for 8 years now without getting an answer that holds water. If I asked "does the Bible support the idea that we live on a motionless plane, with the Sun, Moon, and stars circling around us, I would expect a flurry of Bible verses, since they are there. Going to bed now, but look forward to reading replies tomorrow.
The Bible isn't concerned with scientific discussions of Astronomy. They're TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT to the Bible's central concern, which is the REDEMPTION of humanity, and the cleansing of the SIN thereof.

HUMAN science works on defining such things, and that's not a Biblical issue one way or another.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You said you observed evidence with your own eyes. I presumed it was Earth's curvature you were claiming to have seen, because that seems to be the main point of contention. If not, then by all means, bring it forth. What evidence have you seen with your own eyes of Earth's curvature?

I'm trusting this is real evidence of curvature, and not some indirect observation about the motions of the Heavenly bodies, which can have a variety of explanations and hence would not comprise direct, observable evidence of Earth's curvature.
The sun rising and setting from/to below a flat horizon. An eclipse of the moon. Earthbound pics of shadows in directions impossible on a North-centric flat Earth.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
The Bible isn't concerned with scientific discussions of Astronomy. They're TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT to the Bible's central concern, which is the REDEMPTION of humanity, and the cleansing of the SIN thereof.

HUMAN science works on defining such things, and that's not a Biblical issue one way or another.
the bible is not central to closing a discussion too, the bible is what you call an open book. That must be opened,

In fact Jesus explains quite a few parables with a scientific view.

Every discussion is not paramount to the main point of the bible. Far from it.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
I would love to hear compelling and intelligent answers to that question. I have been asking that among the Christian community for 8 years now without getting an answer that holds water. If I asked "does the Bible support the idea that we live on a motionless plane, with the Sun, Moon, and stars circling around us, I would expect a flurry of Bible verses, since they are there. Going to bed now, but look forward to reading replies tomorrow.
My brother is a pilot and declares that the earth is flat.
He says the reason for perceived curvature is due to the convex windows.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Charlie duke is a Christian astronaut who's been to space and quotes Scripture, only 2 mins long,

Dec 21, 2020
If that was true, if a person looked out the upper part of the window the horizon would be curved upward at the sides. It would look like a bowl.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is impossible to get that high to take a picture.

View attachment 253040
How do you know? Has anyone actually tried? How about photos of the ice edge? An ordinary plane could take those from a few hundred feet up. Every time, and not just you, I ask for evidence, there is always an excuse. Dorky illustrations are not going to persuade anyone that the earth is flat.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
How do you know? Has anyone actually tried? How about photos of the ice edge? An ordinary plane could take those from a few hundred feet up. Every time, and not just you, I ask for evidence, there is always an excuse. Dorky illustrations are not going to persuade anyone that the earth is flat.
The Dome is in the way.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
you need to grow up son, and stop associating all your beliefs to being vital to salvation.

You can't keep using this as an argument to justify your cause.

A person can only know there saved. Including you.

Come on son come back to earth and live in it
Can someone who endorses 666 be saved? :eek:

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
How about providing actual photographs instead of merely an artistic rendering?
We have been asking NASA that question for years...

Dorky illustrations are not going to persuade anyone that the earth is flat.
Dorky is the stuff NASA comes up with...

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
i live in the mountains, high high plains 7-9k feet above sea level.
when something travels overhead, it bows and curves.
if something is flat, no matter if you are BELOW - AT - ABOVE SEA LEVEL, it should appear the same.
the fact it does change as you go UP and DOWN is PROOF of a SPHERE!

don't let the stupid people fool you!
And, don't let them aggravate you. No one's going to convince them, even if they were taken into space to see it for themselves. They would say, "It's a trick! They did something to the windows! That's not really the earth!" People believe what they choose, even if someone would rise from the dead, as it were. Just have fun with it.

I believe in a God whose grandness is capable of producing the kind of universe that astronomers from Galileo on up have described. A universe so terrifying large, with billions (if not more) galaxies -- GALAXIES, not just stars!!! -- in a space at least in the billions of light years wide... Just trying to fathom 500 light years one night started to terrify me. It's HHUUUUUUGGGGGEE!!!!!! Too big for human comprehension. Imagine the flippin' galaxy!!! And, then the distance to our nearest galactic neighbors!!! Never mind across the known universe!!

God is GOD. He is quite capable of producing a universe of incomprehensibly more grandeur than that stupid, infantile flat earth / dome nonsense.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We have been asking NASA that question for years...

Dorky is the stuff NASA comes up with...
OK, NASA photographs are bogus. How about some real or bogus flat earth photos, especially the edge?

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Can someone who endorses 666 be saved? :eek:
I have no idea what your talking about.

Playing number games is just speculation,

Asking me whether a person can be unsaved for believing speculation is like asking me should I become delusional to answer the question.

I don't see the mark of the beast as 666.

I see the beast making people think that.

And I see the beast making people demonise each other, rather than take the plank out of there own eye.

A bit like what your doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.