Actually we already have a NEW USERS READ THIS sticky thread. Perhaps someone could add a comment about starting new threads? A mod perhaps, to make the post more official?
so...digging up an old thread is frowned upon...
...and starting up a new thread on a subject that has been talked about many times before is also discouraged...
...so how does one go about discussing some of these topics?
**facepalm** never mind! They just derail other threads!
I mean, obviously, the rest of us are all morons and can't start any good threads about any good topics (and heaven forbid we should bring up something talked about 2 years ago in an old thread by resurrecting it) so what the hee haw are we supposed to post about, anyway?
What cracks me up is that people complain about old threads... then they complain about multiple threads about the same subject... and THEN people say that the forum is boring and a waste of time because "there are never any good threads."
Well then... the solution seems to be that the ones who want to make all the rules about what can and can't be done in threads should be the ones to start new ones that are as fascinating as they are apparently looking for. Because I very rarely see the people complaining the loudest writing their own threads. Sometimes, yes... but otherwise, it seems like it's all too easy to just sit back and criticize/correct everyone else.
I mean, obviously, the rest of us are all morons and can't start any good threads about any good topics (and heaven forbid we should bring up something talked about 2 years ago in an old thread by resurrecting it) so what the hee haw are we supposed to post about, anyway?
What cracks me up is that people complain about old threads... then they complain about multiple threads about the same subject... and THEN people say that the forum is boring and a waste of time because "there are never any good threads."
Well then... the solution seems to be that the ones who want to make all the rules about what can and can't be done in threads should be the ones to start new ones that are as fascinating as they are apparently looking for. Because I very rarely see the people complaining the loudest writing their own threads. Sometimes, yes... but otherwise, it seems like it's all too easy to just sit back and criticize/correct everyone else.
I mean, obviously, the rest of us are all morons and can't start any good threads about any good topics (and heaven forbid we should bring up something talked about 2 years ago in an old thread by resurrecting it) so what the hee haw are we supposed to post about, anyway?
gravedigging is just bad netiquette. Posting a new thread that is the same as a thread that was posted x days/months/years ago just shows the poster is lazy and did not search also poor netiquette. At one time the net was a cool place, now not so much due to the bad netiquette and lazy people.
I was going to post about which pointless movie star I find hawt. But the thread has been derailed into a debate thread about whether or not old threads should survive or die. So instead, here's a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon.
![]()
This watermelon looks like it is dehydrated.
Maybe I don't understand forum netiquette very well. I feel that calling members "gravediggers" to be kind of snarky, and thus, bad etiquette.gravedigging is just bad netiquette.
To each their own, to be fair, but I totally agree with this.Its amusing that grave digging is even an issue, or that there are those who get so disgruntled that they feel the need to police the direction of a discussion, or jump on other posters who make a repeat post.
I was going to post about which pointless movie star I find hawt. But the thread has been derailed into a debate thread about whether or not old threads should survive or die. So instead, here's a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon.
![]()
Maybe it's also good netiquette to quit criticizing other people for being lazy and contribute some good threads as well. Seems a whole lot more productive.
After all, don't you realize that someone who just sits there and criticizes is, in fact, being pretty darn lazy? Wouldn't it be a better use of time and energy to write a good thread yourself, rather than speaking so harshly to and about other users, especially new guests who aren't as familiar with the forums?
Call me what you want, but I see the people who do nothing but complain and cut down others without contributing anything positive, not even one kind word for another person, as being a whole lot worse than lazy.
until then not worth my bloody time.
Well I can tell you ain't OG. but whatever. guess its the new liberal rules net, we got to hold the newbies hands and feed them everything instead of them learning and reading the bloody manual. But then again I ain't shocked people today can't do things for themselves anymore they have to be held by the hand and babies like a bunch of pansies.
And no I ain't writing a "good thread" nobody here has shown they deserve a good thread from me. Maybe when people actually learn some netiquette I might write good threads again in my life. until then not worth my bloody time.
and for that, we are glad!And yet... you are here... spending a lot of time with us.![]()
Well I can tell you ain't OG. but whatever. guess its the new liberal rules net, we got to hold the newbies hands and feed them everything instead of them learning and reading the bloody manual. But then again I ain't shocked people today can't do things for themselves anymore they have to be held by the hand and babies like a bunch of pansies.
And no I ain't writing a "good thread" nobody here has shown they deserve a good thread from me. Maybe when people actually learn some netiquette I might write good threads again in my life. until then not worth my bloody time.