Easter and Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Romans 14:5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

Galatians 4:10-11 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored [i]over you in vain.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
No of which are dealing with using a day in Paul's day which had already been established in respects to honoring a false god.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Why do you continually assert things that simply aren't in Scripture? Probably because your whole point requires such evidence. That means you're basing your argument on your speculations, which is how doctrinal error usually begins.
Nothing in the post you responded to is speculation.
"GOD's word attests to it by GOD's inspiring the use of the word Except or if you like the KJV "ONLY".

Solomon demonstrated his loyalty to the LORD by following the practices of his father David, EXCEPT that he offered sacrifices and burned incense on the high places.(1Ki 3:3 NET)

And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: ONLY he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
(1Ki 3:3 KJV)

Solomen thought that there was no issue with ascribing to the pagan practice of sacrificing in high places to our GOD. His intentions were pure. HE DID NOT HAVE AN ISSUE AS PERTAINING TO HIS CONSCIENCE, but it is recorded as a short coming and there is no way around it."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Nothing in the post you responded to is speculation.
This part is :
Solomen thought that there was no issue with ascribing to the pagan practice of sacrificing in high places to our GOD. His intentions were pure. HE DID NOT HAVE AN ISSUE AS PERTAINING TO HIS CONSCIENCE, but it is recorded as a short coming and there is no way around it."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No of which are dealing with using a day in Paul's day which had already been established in respects to honoring a false god.
Which again is not in Scripture.

You really aren't getting this. If you feel strongly about not celebrating the Resurrection, then don't celebrate it. Simple as that.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Let's take a look.

1Kgs 3:2 Only the people sacrificed in high places, because there was no house built unto the name of the LORD, until those days.
1Kgs 3:3 And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: EXCEPT he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
1Kgs 3:4 And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.

Nope He went to Gideon because there was a great high place and offered up a sacrifice; a thousand burnt offerings upon that alter to our GOD not some pagan god to satisfy his pagan wives.

Then In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. 1Kgs 3:5

And at the tail end of the dream GOD said, "And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days." 1Kgs 3:14

And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem, and STOOD BEFORE THE ARK (NOT AT THE HIGH PLACE WHICH HE LEFT AT GIBEON) the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants. 1Kgs 3:15

Walking in GOD's ways, keeping HIS statutes and HIS commandments, as his father David did walk
He did not do it thinking it wasn't ok.
1Kgs 3:3 And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: EXCEPT he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
1Kgs 3:4 And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.

If it feels good do it. Do thine own Will? Welcome to the religion of subjectivity.

Solomen thought that there was no issue with ascribing to the pagan practice of sacrificing in high places to our GOD. His intentions were pure. HE DID NOT HAVE AN ISSUE AS PERTAINING TO HIS CONSCIENCE, but it is recorded as a short coming.... Solomon demonstrated his loyalty to the LORD by following the practices of his father David, EXCEPT that he offered sacrifices and burned incense on the high places.
(1Ki 3:3 NET)

The Day Easter was founded was due to prejudice and has pagan roots that date back thousands of years. If We would celebrate HIS Resurrection it should be done on the end of Passover week not tomorrow. That was when it happened. And that my friend is next Sunday.
hey maybe someone worshiping tomorrow will hear from the LORD

wouldn't that be great?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
as·cribe
/əˈskrīb/
verb
gerund or present participle: ascribing

1. attribute something to (a cause).
    "he ascribed Jane's short temper to her upset stomach"
    synonyms:attribute, assign, put down, set down, accredit, credit, give the credit for, chalk up, impute

• attribute (a text, quotation, or work of art) to a particular person or period.
      "a quotation ascribed to Thomas Cooper"
    • regard a quality as belonging to.
      "tough-mindedness is a quality commonly ascribed to top bosses"

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
sub·scribe
/səbˈskrīb/
verb
gerund or present participle: subscribing

1. arrange to receive something regularly, typically a publication, by paying in advance.
"subscribe to the magazine for twelve months and receive a free T-shirt"

synonyms: pay a subscription, buy regularly, take, take regularly, read, read regularly, contract to buy; More

2. express or feel agreement with (an idea or proposal).
"we prefer to subscribe to an alternative explanation"​
synonyms: agree with, be in agreement with, accede to, consent to, accept, believe in, endorse, back, support, advocate, champion
"I'm afraid I can't subscribe to the theory"

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do not enter the path of the wicked
And do not proceed in the way of evil men.
Avoid it, do not pass by it;
Turn away from it and pass on.
For they cannot sleep unless they do evil;
And they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone stumble.
For they eat the bread of wickedness
And drink the wine of violence.
But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
That shines brighter and brighter until the full day.
(Proverbs 4:14-18)
this sounds to me like whoever wrote it had a conscience that was troubled if it went off and did wicked things.
of course i can't say, from this,
oh he probably never stumbled - but it sure seems like once he figured out that he did, these are the words of someone who likely would have taken it to heart in remorse & repentance.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Beating a dead horse again.
And as always a person that loves trying to look spiritual by making these big displays, yet find no problem with all the other pagan sourced elements they involve themselves in daily. If you're going to accept, without conscience, all the other pagan sourced things woven throughout daily society then, then what's the point of picking one to speak against. Be consistent.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I will be at work most of Easter Sunday so this year it's no big deal for me.. Gonna try and score some 50% off Easter candy Monday morning.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
GOD's word attests to it by GOD's inspiring the use of the word Except or if you like the KJV "ONLY".

Solomon demonstrated his loyalty to the LORD by following the practices of his father David, EXCEPT that he offered sacrifices and burned incense on the high places.(1Ki 3:3 NET)

And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: ONLY he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
(1Ki 3:3 KJV)

Solomen thought that there was no issue with ascribing to the pagan practice of sacrificing in high places to our GOD. His intentions were pure. HE DID NOT HAVE AN ISSUE AS PERTAINING TO HIS CONSCIENCE, but it is recorded as a short coming and there is no way around it.
Solomon is not the best role model to emulate. In the end, due to constant sin and pagan practices he turned away from God.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Beating a dead horse again.
And as always a person that loves trying to look spiritual by making these big displays, yet find no problem with all the other pagan sourced elements they involve themselves in daily. If you're going to accept, without conscience, all the other pagan sourced things woven throughout daily society then, then what's the point of picking one to speak against. Be consistent.
Nice post about me. Funny since you don't know me.
Carry on....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Easter day was founded on prejudicial and has pagan roots that date back thousands of years. If We would celebrate HIS Resurrection it should be done on the end of Passover week not tomorrow. That was when it happened. Solomen thought that there was no issue with ascribing to the pagan practice of sacrificing in high places to our GOD. His intentions were pure but it is recorded as a short coming.... Solomon demonstrated his loyalty to the LORD by following the practices of his father David, EXCEPT that he offered sacrifices and burned incense on the high places.
(1Ki 3:3 NET)
I think it just happens to coincides with easter cos of the full moon its not like we can change passover or easter on our calendars as they often dont match. In many countries passover is not recognised as a public holidays so we get easter instead, at least we get some days off SO we can celebrate passover and resurrection if we wish. My church had went an had a seder passover dinner a week early. Its because many people go away.
Some are celebrating next week.

In the millenium I am sure God will sort out the calendar, its really hard to reconcile different time zones from all over the world.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I'll spiritualize it and say every day is resurrection day. Walk in it. :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Scripture does not tell us exactly when He rose/was resurrected.
You argue the resurrection was on a Sunday, but it was actually on a Saturday evening. Christ was buried just before sundown: and 3 days/3 nights add up to a just before sundown resurrection. Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. The Romans said it was Friday because of the sundown Sabbath was approaching. But it says in John 19:14 it was the preparation day (crucifixion day) which is the day before the annual Sabbath of the First Day of Unleavened Bread. Ask any Jew what the preparation day is. An annual Sabbath is called a high day.

John 19:31: "The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."

John 20:1: "The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre."

Three days and three nights raises Him on Saturday evening. He had already risen unseen by early Sunday. Jesus was talking with Mary saying he had not ascended to His Father yet:

John 20:16-18: “Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.”

John 20:19: “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.”

Later that same day He appeared to His disciples and they could touch Him. That is when He told Thomas to touch His wounds and then He ate with them. So, we can say for sure the first ascension was on Sunday. We are given a picture of His ascension as the wave sheaf day: [look up wave sheaf day for yourself] when the first fruits were waved before God as a tribute. This was always done on the first Sunday after Passover.

Christ was buried just before sundown: and 3 days/3 nights add up to a just before sundown resurrection. Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday.

Before Sundown Wednesday – before Sundown Thursday – Day 1

Before Sundown Thursday – before Sundown Friday – Day 2

Before Sundown Friday – before Sundown Saturday – Day 3

Three days and three nights raises Him on Saturday evening before sundown. He had already risen unseen by early Sunday.