Strangelove, I do not worship icons.
your liturgy says ya do!
Strangelove, I do not worship icons.
This is a bald faced LIE. You ask BASIL for his prayers!
Scotty said:Dear strangelove.
You are falsely accusing me of lying. It is wrong to bear false witness against your neighbor. I ask the saints to pray for me.
Your photo says you pretend to be Peter Sellers.your liturgy says ya do!
Friend, I just note your argument is ad hominem and therefore invalid. You say I "resort to childish tactics", and make this about what I'm doing, and not what Strangelove did by choosing his arbitrary username with no valid logic behind it. Using one's own real name or a synonym for it is not arbitrary.What does his choice of user name have to do with anything?
Why do you keep bringing that up?
Why can't you defend your faith without resorting to childish tactics like criticizing his choice of username?
When you give away information like you have it makes it very easy for people to find out a lot more, and that is not a good idea.
Friend, I just note your argument is ad hominem and therefore invalid. You say I "resort to childish tactics", and make this about what I'm doing, and not what Strangelove did by choosing his arbitrary username with no valid logic behind it. Using one's own real name or a synonym for it is not arbitrary.
Using some Hollywood movie reference doesn't make much sense in most cases. Perhaps in all cases.
God bless you.
Orthodoxy: what is it? A temple cult?
Here's a a reference on what Orthodoxy says on cults:
"Destructive Cults A text by Panhellenic Parents Union for the Protection of the Greek-Orthodox Culture, the Family and the Individual
Destructive Cults
God save us all from our sins and our errors. God make us better and whole in Christ Jesus. Amen.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Dear Scott,
WHich I have already proved Martin Luther did not even
believe in the interpretation of james.
How can you say these words?
He nailed the letter to the church door didn't he?
He was a heretic nailing the letter to the door of a heretical group. Luther's heretical schism within/against another heretical schism, papism. With Luther as a luthero-papist, with himself as his own pope over himself. Luther did indeed say words (I don't remember the exact words, but I do remember the words), Luther said, "I have a pope, Self, which I fear more than the pope [of Rome and all of his legates]."How can you say these words?
He nailed the letter to the church door didn't he?
Go figure.
Scotty said:Dear friend, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am tired of the ad hominem attacks against me, and being falsely accused of lying. I don't call others names, use personal attacks against anyone, or say they are lying. If they bear false witness, though, I point that out. It's wrong to bear false witness. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
You said I lied. It's not nice to falsely accuse someone of that.Just notice this pearl on another thread Scotty:
So can you explain your false witness against me? Will you apologise?
You said I lied. It's not nice to falsely accuse someone of that.
Dear friend;Scott.....answer this post and stop being silly.
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelove![]()
This is a bald faced LIE. You ask BASIL for his prayers!
Then you say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
Dear strangelove.
You are falsely accusing me of lying. It is wrong to bear false witness against your neighbor. I ask the saints to pray for me.
What is the false witness?
You have made a very serious accusation on this point and we need you to clarify otherwise YOU are bearing false witness.
I said you ask basil for his prayers AND YOU ADMIT YOU DO!
So what gives Scotty?
What is...
intercessions of the holy Theotokos
?
It's the prayers of the Holy Mother of God, The God-Bearer, The Virgin Mary, etc.
Part of your liturgy says...
Holy God, You dwell among Your saints. You are praised by the Seraphim with the thrice holy hymn and glorified by the Cherubim and worshiped by all the heavenly powers. You have brought all things out of nothing into being. You have created man and woman in Your image and likeness and adorned them with all the gifts of Your grace. You give wisdom and understanding to the supplicant and do not overlook the sinner but have established repentance as the way of salvation. You have enabled us, Your lowly and unworthy servants, to stand at this hour before the glory of Your holy altar and to offer to You due worship and praise. Master, accept the thrice holy hymn also from the lips of us sinners and visit us in Your goodness. Forgive our voluntary and involuntary transgressions, sanctify our souls and bodies, and grant that we may worship and serve You in holiness all the days of our lives, by the intercessions of the holy Theotokos and of all the saints who have pleased You throughout the ages.
Why does your liturgy appeal to the intercession of the virgin Mary?
Dear friend;
You said I worship icons. I said the truth: I do not.
Why does your liturgy say you worship icons then?
Why can your liturgy say it but I cant?
And aslo..
Why do you ask basil for his prayers when you could be talking to a dead guy and commiting an abomination against God?
And also..
Why did you lie when you said you dont talk to the saints?
Venerate...
: to regard with reverential respect or with admiring deference
2
: to honor (as an icon or a relic) with a ritual act of devotion
This is the typical semantic game these types play.
If you say they worship it, they'll deny the charge by saying they do something else. That something else is usually some hair difference between what you're charging them with and what they are doing.
It's like they go an inch away from the thing you're charging them with, and say...."see i'm an inch away. I'm not doing it."
It may not be 'worship', but you're still giving reverence and honor to an image. Sure it's not 'worship' but it's pretty much still something you shouldn't be doing to an icon.