Elect according to the foreknowledge of God. 1 Peter 1:2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Amen!!
We are called to believe... God does not believe for us!
No one teaches that God believes for us. And nobody denies saved in time. You guys aren’t bringing anything except the beliefs of imaginary people that don’t exist.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
No one is erasing ...but what is happening is the missing of the context of the entire passage... which is verse 4 starting with "just as"
and us is not "elect" but "us who believe."

It is the eternal plan before the foundation of the world, not a select group of people chosen by God.

Verse 4: The eternal plan of God is the spiritual blessing of a Christian’s innocence.
Verse 5: adoption.
Verse 7: redemption.
Verse 9: revelation.
Verse 11: inheritance.
Verse 13: indwelling.
According as He chose us in Him...

If you don’t like the word elect here, then use the word chosen instead.

E

EleventhHour

No one teaches that God believes for us. And nobody denies saved in time. You guys aren’t bringing anything except the beliefs of imaginary people that don’t exist.
Is saving faith a gift?

E

EleventhHour

According as He chose us in Him...

If you don’t like the word elect here, then use the word chosen instead.
The word is fine... the chosen are not chosen by God
The chosen are those that believed.

E

eternally-gratefull

I see you came back and that @EleventhHour and @throughfaith are still unable to hear a word you say and are still falsely accusing you. It’s sad bro praying for you and them. That they will
Confess their sin against you

E

eternally-gratefull

Is saving faith a gift?
How many times does he have to answer you? He has told you a few times now. Even I know his answer. You people are in sin for this. I am about to start reporting this nonsense

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
James 1:18 'Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first-fruits of his creatures.'
This does not add to your theory. It affirms that God is the author and perfecter of our faith. It always begins with God'S sovereignty over His creation in all things. IN THE CONTEXT: James point is addressing trials of temptation to sin.
A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven JOHN 3:27

Toss scripture references to me without posting the text as well ( it seems you are being dismissive of me) You do this repeatedly while I always post the text; but maybe you would like to look up a few from me?

John 6:63 Romans 8:10 2 Thess 2:13 Titus 3:4 1 Peter 1:3 John 3: 3-8

I'm not even sure at this point what your real point IS.

IF i AM READING YOU CORRECTLY, YOU ARE SAYING THAT WE FIRST HEAR THE WORD AND RECEIVE IT, THEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN.......WHICH WOULD MAKE SALVATION A WORK OF THE FLESH, IN THAT GOD SEES YOUR WORK OF BELIEF AND THEN SENDS THE REGENERATION.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
When you are justified you are without blame. And we are set apart the moment we believe. That’s why Christians are called saints repeatedly in the Bible
Justified = without sin, just if I'd never sinned

someone can sin and yet be blameless

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yep. To be Holy and blameless before Him in love ( Ephesians 1:4) is a good purpose. And in case you don’t know, that’s salvation language. According as He Chose in Him before the foundation of the world that we might be holy and without blame before Him in love

I see sanctification, justification, and reconciliation there!!

Enjoy the day God has gifted you
The ' gift ' of salvation is only through faith . It pleases God to save those that believe. Not cause belief in those he saves . No one can come to the Father but through Jesus . He is the way . The only way to be in him is to access the grace through faith . God has provided the way . But in no way were we in Jesus in any sense until after we believed.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Correction. These blessings are for those who were chosen in Christ.

That we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. (´ινα of purpose).

Fare ye well!!
Then do you agree with the U in Tulip and maybe L ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yep. To be Holy and blameless before Him in love ( Ephesians 1:4) is a good purpose. And in case you don’t know, that’s salvation language. According as He Chose in Him before the foundation of the world that we might be holy and without blame before Him in love

I see sanctification, justification, and reconciliation there!!

Enjoy the day God has gifted you
He's talking to already saved people .

E

eternally-gratefull

He's talking to already saved people .
He knows this. Everyone seems to know this but the same two or three people who continue to accuse him. How far are you going to push this?

Do we need to get someone else involved?

Utterly ridiculous this can not be left alone because of one individual's obsession and fixation with Calvin. Was enjoying the discussions for the most part in the wee beginning, but am now repulsed every time one of these threads are opened. The false accusations have got to stop. It is not Brotherly at all, and am disgusted. As said months ago am still learning; unfortunately, the lesson seems to be to keep my mouth shut...

God Bless and Keep...am out of this one.

E

eternally-gratefull

Utterly ridiculous this can not be left alone because of one individual's obsession and fixation with Calvin. Was enjoying the discussions for the most part in the wee beginning, but am now repulsed every time one of these threads are opened. The false accusations have got to stop. It is not Brotherly at all, and am disgusted. As said months ago am still learning; unfortunately, the lesson seems to be to keep my mouth shut...

God Bless and Keep...am out of this one.
It just may be time to get others involved, people who CAN do something about it

It just may be time to get others involved, people who CAN do something about it
About the only way it's gonna be put to rest. Am just totally flabbergasted, and floored. How it has been allowed to continue this long is mind boggling as well...

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
James 1:18 'Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first-fruits of his creatures.'
This does not add to your theory. It affirms that God is the author and perfecter of our faith. It always begins with God'S sovereignty over His creation in all things. IN THE CONTEXT: James point is addressing trials of temptation to sin.

Toss scripture references to me without posting the text as well ( it seems you are being dismissive of me) You do this repeatedly while I always post the text; but maybe you would like to look up a few from me?

IF i AM READING YOU CORRECTLY, YOU ARE SAYING THAT WE FIRST HEAR THE WORD AND RECEIVE IT, THEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN.......WHICH WOULD MAKE SALVATION A WORK OF THE FLESH, IN THAT GOD SEES YOUR WORK OF BELIEF AND THEN SENDS THE REGENERATION.
I am not disregarding you. I am on a phone, so it is difficult to post verse texts . When I post verse texts, I am doing it from memory, so when I do not post the text, it’s because I have not memorized that verse

I do not not believe the way you are understanding me. I do not believe faith is a work or that the New Birth something that we produce by exertion or effort. I believe that the New Birth is the result of hearing the Word and the wind of the Spirit. I don’t fully understand how it works. It’s like the wind described in John 3.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am not disregarding you. I am on a phone, so it is difficult to post verse texts . When I post verse texts, I am doing it from memory, so when I do not post the text, it’s because I have not memorized that verse

I do not not believe the way you are understanding me. I do not believe faith is a work or something that we produce by mere exertion. . I believe that faith is the result of hearing the Word and the wind of the Spirit. I don’t fully understand how it works. It’s like the wind described in John 3.
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word.

its not a work, it is the result of someone else’s work

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020

Also, we are not born of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:13

I intended to exit the discussion, but wanted to reply to you so you would know I was not dismissing you. God bless you.