End from the Beginning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Omegatime

I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.

Any ideas ??????????????

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Prophecy

Genesis 3:15
The first book in the canon tells us of the defeat of the devil. (for example)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
It illustrates that God is all-knowing - concerning all of time. And that He is able to make all things "turn out" the way He wants them to - according to His every desire and will.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Any ideas ??????????????
God is always speaking with foreknowledge seeing the end of his plan from the beginning of his plan

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭

“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

in the beginning Gods plan was actually this

“For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:29

from the beginning Christ was the plan to change mankind into his image through believing the gospel. Gods foreknowledge speaks forth what will be before it ever is but it is sure as he spoke it forth it’s only an unfolding of time that later reveals his words infallible power

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.”
Genesis‬ ‭1:3‬-4 ‭KJV‬‬

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-5‬ ‭

the division of light and dark

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

God spoke in the old times and in Christ it is fulfilled because he spoke it forth from his foreknowledge

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
from ancient times, what is still to come. Any ideas??????????????
Hello Omegatime, it seems like the Lord answers your question in the second half of v10 (which was not included in your OP).

Isaiah 46
9 “I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’”

What this passage tells us is that God is sovereign over everything, PTL, that He ordains whatsoever comes to pass (and that before any of it happens). What this means is that He is the One in control, because nothing happens in this world apart from His will and foreordination. This also means that nothing will ever be a surprise to Him .. because He has either 1. allowed it to happen or 2. caused it to happen .. or 3. stops it from ever happening.

This is also why we know that we can trust everything that He says to us, which certainly includes all of the great and wondrous promises that He's made to us in the Bible :)).

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here are a few examples that come to mind.

Psalm 33
11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of His heart from generation to generation.
Romans 8
28 We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
1 Corinthians 10
13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hello Omegatime, it seems like the Lord answers your question in the second half of v10 (which was not included in your OP).

Isaiah 46
9 “I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’”

What this passage tells us is that God is sovereign over everything, PTL, that He ordains whatsoever comes to pass (and that before any of it happens). What this means is that He is the One in control, because nothing happens in this world apart from His will and foreordination. This also means that nothing will ever be a surprise to Him .. because He has either 1. allowed it to happen or 2. caused it to happen .. or 3. stops it from ever happening.

This is also why we know that we can trust everything that He says to us, which certainly includes all of the great and wondrous promises that He's made to us in the Bible :)).

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here are a few examples that come to mind.

Psalm 33
11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of His heart from generation to generation.
Romans 8
28 We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
1 Corinthians 10
13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
Amen just another few verses to support your point

“Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not?

hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts:

and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:1-3, 6-8, 10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

Any ideas ??????????????
In another thread, I posted this highly plausible connection, if you're interested:

https://christianchat.com/threads/2000-years-and-end-times-connection.201117/post-4643975

But if you compare the very end of Revelation to the end of the creation narrative in Genesis you'll notice similarities.

Genesis
- Beasts of the sea created
- Beasts of the earth created
- Mankind (In Almighty's image) is formed
- Man is given dominion over beasts
- The 7th day is hallowed
- serpent comes to deceive

Revelation
- Beast of the sea emerges
- Beast of the earth emerges
- 144,000 (Firstfruits to God & lamb wherever he goes) are mentioned
- Beast & army are overcome and destroyed
- The millennium rest is entered into
- satan is loosed to deceive

I have faith many of us will make the right choice the 2nd time around.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
In another thread, I posted this highly plausible connection, if you're interested:

https://christianchat.com/threads/2000-years-and-end-times-connection.201117/post-4643975

But if you compare the very end of Revelation to the end of the creation narrative in Genesis you'll notice similarities.

Genesis
- Beasts of the sea created
- Beasts of the earth created
- Mankind (In Almighty's image) is formed
- Man is given dominion over beasts
- The 7th day is hallowed
- serpent comes to deceive

Revelation
- Beast of the sea emerges
- Beast of the earth emerges
- 144,000 (Firstfruits to God & lamb wherever he goes) are mentioned
- Beast & army are overcome and destroyed
- The millennium rest is entered into
- satan is loosed to deceive

I have faith many of us will make the right choice the 2nd time around.
interesting stuff thanks for sharing

have you noticed also the de construction of creation in revelation ?

“And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died;

and the third part of the ships were destroyed. And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭8:7-10, 12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭9:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Would be extremely long to continue but I hope you see what I was saying to add on with your thoughts there in some way

it leads of course to

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1‬ ‭

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

“And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.”

“The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died;

and the third part of the ships were destroyed. And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.”

“By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.”

Would be extremely long to continue but I hope you see what I was saying to add on with your thoughts there in some way

it leads of course to

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”
oooh, great share. I will feast on this for a bit.

O

Omegatime

Looking for someone with spiritual abilities to answer my question about how the Lord declared the end from the beginning. Who has the gift??????????

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Omegatime, I'm not sure what you are specifically looking for but perhaps I can give you insight. This is merely an outline.

Before the heavens and earth were created, God was. That is to say, there was no realm to contain Him, because all things came from Him, there was nothing made apart from Him. If it was made, it came through Him.

This includes time. God cannot be contained in time because He made time. We'll come back to this.

Currently, there are two realms: the natural and the spiritual (or eternal). The natural exists within time and has a finite existence: a beginning and an end. The spiritual realm is connected to the natural in that what is real in the spiritual realm has a reflection in the natural. So, what is seen and observed in the natural, gives definition to what is real in the realm we cannot see. Although we first observe the event in the natural realm, it was first established in the spiritual realm.

Because this is true: that events in the natural correspond to established truths in the spiritual, we know that nothing in the natural is a surprise to God: He knew it existed before we observed it in time and space. Therefore, God knows the end from the beginning. "End" and "Beginning" are terms of art that can only exist along with the reality of time. Since God cannot be contained in time and stands outside of time (if you will), He sees all things, their beginning and their end, before they are revealed in the earth.

As God reveals these things in the earth, He "makes known the end from the beginning" to man.

(Schwew! That was difficult to condense. Please, if you have questions, ask them. :) )

Aaron56

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Looking for someone with spiritual abilities to answer my question about how the Lord declared the end from the beginning. Who has the gift??????????
Anyone who reads the Word knows this. If you are here to discuss the Bible, wy not read it first?

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
That's right, Omegatime, you may rest in what I posted.

Should we close the thread?

Aug 20, 2021
god put those things in mans DNA,,,,man knows these things...yet r human part wants 2 the opposite.So it is in a way a war with 1 self.....one of r best weapons is faith....Remember it is written there is only 1 teacher..that is 1 that gives understanding..that is the christ

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Isaiah 46 9 “I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’”
You're reading a theology into the passage that's not there. What does the passage actually say? God has declared the end from the beginning. God has declared how the end is going to turn out, and that end has been declared from the beginning. We now know the end because He has declared it in Scripture.

Aug 20, 2021
You're reading a theology into the passage that's not there. What does the passage actually say? God has declared the end from the beginning. God has declared how the end is going to turn out, and that end has been declared from the beginning. We now know the end because He has declared it in Scripture.
we know sometimes hearing is not enough. 4 seeds that fall on tough ground maybe we could work the soil.Or on dry ground maybe we can water.Remember the guy protecting the fig from god?,,Give him one more year i'll work the soil around him,,then maybe he will produce fruit.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

it leads of course to

The generation's of the Heaven's and the earth or toledoth https://biblehub.com/hebrew/8435.htm https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/2-4.htm seven generations/days of the Heavens and the earth and then Revelation 21:1 https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/21-1.htm when the Heavens and earth are no more and a new Heaven and earth come. That's why when they ask about the end of the age/day,aeon of time in Matthew 24:3 https://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/24-3.htm he answered and told them that that "generation"(the age/aeon of time they were in) would not pass(go from one day of the prophecy in Gen.2:4 to the next) until the things he said were fulfilled. https://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/24-34.htm Each day of time in the prophecy is as an thousand years is as one day (aeon,age,generation)of time. He was telling them the events that would happen at the end of that age/day so that they would know when the next began(he synchronized their clocks so to speak).