End Times Timeline

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I believe the day of the Lord happened at the first coming of Christ.
Paul speaks as this day is in the future.

1 Corinthians 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Nov 23, 2013
Okay, so we look to the text for our answer.

I'd said:

--"FROM ______"

--"UNTO the Messiah the prince"

[is a certain length of time]...

so we want to examine the text to see "what" fills in the blank I left empty here ^ ...

and the text itself states,

"FROM the going forth of the command to restore [H7725] and to build [H1129] Jerusalem"

...so we look to find THAT (in Scripture) as its STARTING point (the STARTING point that kicks off the time-amount "UNTO [terminating at] the Messiah the prince")
Not starting a new topic or even bringing this up for discussion, I'm only bringing it up to prove a point.

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

The text makes it LOOK LIKE Abraham was saved by faith AND WORKS, but that is not the case. So the apparent meaning of a lot of biblical text ISN'T what it always seems like on the surface.

I've struggled with this for a couple of years now. I think you're trying to get me to see that - the decree went out to RESTORE and to build Jerusalem, then 7 weeks and 62 weeks later, messiah the Prince came. Then after the 62 weeks comes the 70th week, when messiah was cut off.

Nov 23, 2013
Do you mean, in the 70ad events (like some suggest)? Because, Paul in 1 & 2 Thess indicated it was "yet future" from the perspective of his own writings [/epistles] on it ;)
I don't believe the day of the Lord is just one day, I believe it started when Jesus came the first time.

Jan 17, 2020
Not starting a new topic or even bringing this up for discussion, I'm only bringing it up to prove a point.

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

The text makes it LOOK LIKE Abraham was saved by faith AND WORKS, but that is not the case. So the apparent meaning of a lot of biblical text ISN'T what it always seems like on the surface.

I've struggled with this for a couple of years now. I think you're trying to get me to see that - the decree went out to RESTORE and to build Jerusalem, then 7 weeks and 62 weeks later, messiah the Prince came. Then after the 62 weeks comes the 70th week, when messiah was cut off.
Works of love, not works of the law.

Nov 23, 2013
Paul speaks as this day is in the future.

1 Corinthians 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
I'm not off work today so I can't respond like I want to right now, I'll come back to this when I'm off.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I don't believe the day of the Lord is just one day,
I too believe it is not merely "a singular 24-hr day"

I believe it started when Jesus came the first time.
I just made a post over in another thread (will be back to attach the link if I can find it in less than "5 mins" LOL ), but I believe the text in 2Th2:2 should read "Day of the Lord" (rather than "Day of Christ," which I believe is distinct)... and that Paul's point was (b/c he didn't want anyone to convince the Thessalonians that "the Day of the Lord [time period] IS PRESENT [G1764 - PERFECT indicative]", v.2), [he's explaining] that it will not be present... until such-and-such happens *FIRST* [ONE THING listed as *FIRST*]

(meaning [overall], that it is not yet present at the time of his writing this 2Th epistle) ;)

found the post (for interested readers): https://christianchat.com/threads/t...r-pretrib-rapture-dynamic.190215/post-4162974

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
To those who believe the abomination of desolation happened.... How do you view the return of our Lord?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
LOL Whose rails. Yours ?

I would ask. When does the description of the little horn begin and end ? I say it begins and ends in verses9- 12. The little horn did these things and was very successful

Out of one of them (a little horn) came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them.(fallen angels) It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down. Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground...( Or and was very successfu). Daniel 9-12
Who do you think is the commander of the army of the Lord? Why would you think Jesus would "set itself up to be as great" as said commander? Why would you think that Jesus came from the four horns that grew in the place of the shaggy goat (Alexander the Great)? He certainly didn't; He is a descendant of David and a true Israelite.

The little horn is probably Antiochus IV Epiphanes, who fits the description very well. It definitely is not Jesus; verse 11 precludes that view.

Mar 28, 2016
The passage said he was bound and unable to deceive the nations
that has not happened yet. He has
Continued to deceive the nations non stop
I would think it would depend on how the word deceive is used.

As long as the letter of the law is doing its work . The nations will continue to be deceived by the spirit of error. Not one jot or tittle will be removed until the last day .This is when death. . . the letter of the law will be cast into the fiery judgment of God. Never to rise and condemn to death another entire creation as rudiments of this world

The gospel has bound him. When he fell (Christ said "it is finished" ) .He no longer has free reign with the angels that have not left their first place of habitation. . the messengers of truth that bring the gospel.

The gospel key as it is written protects the elect when trying the spirits to see if they are of God or of men . It would be impossible for him to deceive us . We dare not violate the law sealed with 7 seals not to add or substract from the perfect at the end of Cannon. He has warned us through Paul in Mathew 24... before the last book "Revelation" was written to believe if any man say the lord said this or a saw him there. not.,

Those days that were shorted for the elect's sake, the last days. A great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to that time period, called this time.

The time the church is in tribulation the time of reformation .When every thing was turned right side up.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. Mathew 24:21-16

In that way the gospel chain binds the father of lies in a no way out pit. (bottomless). by deceiving the world through false prophets as false christs.

E

eternally-gratefull

I would think it would depend on how the word deceive is used.

As long as the letter of the law is doing its work . The nations will continue to be deceived by the spirit of error. Not one jot or tittle will be removed until the last day .This is when death. . . the letter of the law will be cast into the fiery judgment of God. Never to rise and condemn to death another entire creation as rudiments of this world

The gospel has bound him. When he fell (Christ said "it is finished" ) .He no longer has free reign with the angels that have not left their first place of habitation. . the messengers of truth that bring the gospel.

The gospel key as it is written protects the elect when trying the spirits to see if they are of God or of men . It would be impossible for him to deceive us . We dare not violate the law sealed with 7 seals not to add or substract from the perfect at the end of Cannon. He has warned us through Paul in Mathew 24... before the last book "Revelation" was written to believe if any man say the lord said this or a saw him there. not.,

Those days that were shorted for the elect's sake, the last days. A great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to that time period, called this time.

The time the church is in tribulation the time of reformation .When every thing was turned right side up.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. Mathew 24:21-16

In that way the gospel chain binds the father of lies in a no way out pit. (bottomless). by deceiving the world through false prophets as false christs.
listen to the news, read your history books
Satan has Made a mess of things
hitler Stalin mao i Can go on and on

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Here is a good example demonstrating why you really should take a class in basic English.

What you wrote can be re-stated as following:

"The gospel deceives the world through false prophets as false Christs and binds the father of lies in a bottomless pit."

Mar 28, 2016
listen to the news, read your history books
Satan has Made a mess of things
hitler Stalin mao i Can go on and on
Yes its all part of the same great tribulation of the last days spoken of in Mathew .Wars and rumor of war. False prophets and false christ's declaring "thus sayeth the lord" knowing the lord has not spoken

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The warning was initially for his Disciples, but it has been relevant for every generation up until his second coming.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I believe the day of the Lord happened at the first coming of Christ.
I don't.. I am not a preterist.. I believe that doctrine was promoted by the Roman Catholic church who wanted their church to be seen as the fulfillment of the 1000 year rule of the Saints with Jesus.. That's why there was a huge movement around the year 1000AD that was expecting the end of the world and the final judgement.. Of course when it never happened that's when they had to change their interpretation of the 1000 years from a literal 1000 year millennium to a symbolic 1000 year rule..

Now these Roman catholic doctrines have been transferred into a lot of the protestant churches.. Sad to say such doctrines actually stand against the formation of these very same protestant churches and legitimizes the rule of the Roman catholic church as the true Church of God.. Because for the most part past 70'ad the very same Roman catholic church ruled through the roman empire and the subsequent break away nations that formed after the Roman Empire fell.. Right up to the time of Luther and the protestant reformation..

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes its all part of the same great tribulation of the last days spoken of in Mathew .Wars and rumor of war. False prophets and false christ's declaring "thus sayeth the lord" knowing the lord has not spoken
No

wars and rumors of wars is the beginning but the end is not yet come

THEN there will be great tribulation

i fear you take this lightly, if it comes, it will be like nothing the world has seen, and if you do not take it for what it is, it will overwhelm you

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
From what I recall (without going to your links), is that you hold to the "Historicist" (or Historicist-like) viewpoint.

The thing is, I already explained (or started to, in part) why I do not believe the "Historicist" viewpoint is accurate, per my Posts #6, #95, and #346 (maybe others in this thread)... Boiling it down, Rev1:1 [1:19c / 4:1 (7:3)] says that the time period [involving the "FUTURE" aspects of the Book] must take place "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" (not something which will unfold over the course of some 2000 years; [rather, in a brief (7-yrs') amount of time... and which can be traced out in the framework of The Revelation, but I don't want to get into all that here]).

Why don't you try to pick one point (one which you think I might disagree, based on what I've already put into this thread), bring that forward (it's not like I'm not going to at least grasp your underlying basis, I don't think), and we can discuss that (meaning, one point you believe we differ on). I'm happy to discuss here, point by point, if I'm able (including "free-time-wise" [mine], which can sometimes be limited, and will be tomorrow somewhat). :D

Rest well, y'all! :)