Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Demons But Were Afraid To Ask...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Me too Brother except I called it the terror of the Lord! The Lord radiates so much power and love that even though I could certainly feel the love, there I was, my trembling meek body in the presence of that much power and I knew that I had just talked back to Him. And the Lord did not chastise me, or rebuke me or condemn me at all, He never does. He always is encouraging but He will convict you, hence His tone of voice because we have it in scripture as an example where Zacharias got struck dumb and couldn't speak for it! So I count myself lucky and thank the Lord for not striking me dumb.

He explained it to me over time that, it was a matter of time. When the Lord gives us instructions and tells us what to do, it may be time sensitive, so we can't go off on a tangent and waste time when the Lord just told us to do something!

In that situation, the only correct answer is, Yes Lord and Immediately obey it. It is pretty embarrassing to me that I messed up during a time sensitive situation and was sort of rude to the Lord by no immediate obey of the command. But he was good to me instead of striking me dumb. I know I irritated Him because He did use a parental tone on me.

Can you grasp from this just how Patient and Longsuffering that the Lord is with us? We have a lot to be thankful for.
Yes I can understand how loving and patient he is with us because I was in a period where he had called me to come on here and spread the word to get dead serious about him now not later but now and I was also under heavy spiritual attacks at the time and in my anger of it I cursed his name cussed hij out screamed at him and yet he didn't strike me down or punish men

I was deeply regretful after that but the mere fact that I did that and yet all I was met with was love and pateince I can attest how deep he is
It is good that you got experience him in this way though because it shows you how real he really is not just some distant God in the heavens but the here and now
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
Dear @Blain , I am sorry you are currently experiencing that. If I were you, I’d consider it imprisonment moment from scripture and study Paul, Joseph, heck even Daniel during this moment in time.

I have been in spiritual bondage to my house for almost a year or two now, where I’ve only left around 6-10 times this year, mostly for medical appointments.

I have been really into the characters in the Bible who were imprisoned to get me through these years. Finally seeing some light.

I like, you are surviving in spite of it all, Amen trusting God getting us through it all, thank you for seeing to continue to go forward, regardless
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blain

welcome, especially to Daddy, PaPa, Father for us each, by Son's done work first, then risen to reveal new view to us to be in and be secure with Father as nothing can separate us, anyone from this Love given us through Son as risen for us all, at least me learning this daily
Approaching, approached the throne of grace confidently, thankfully, respectfully. Psalms 100:4, 103:12, John 1:29, 19:30. We are once any e believes God are in by God not self or anyone else, as Jesus and Father are One (Won) for us all. Col 1:21-23. To respect in thanksgiving and praise
Woe, is me Isaiah 6:1-7
Romans 14:14
I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blain
Thanks for sharpening the mind @homwardbound . My life is God, Jesus, Holy Spirit. It’s daily.

I try to choose my words wisely.

Thank you, for being in belief, to see clearer and clearer daily as you grow into God's maturity for you too
I used to try, as you quoted above, you try, I do, did too!
What? How? I need to let go of me trying to be a better person than others, you think, I think?
Two simple verses I see and am learning new in these daily
Luke 21:14
Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
That above is not easy, when been first taught to think first and then not harm others, and I somehow always did harm others, trying to get my point across, mad over not being heard.
Luke 21:15
for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
How?, because it will not be you trying to do what is done for you by Father, in risen Son for you! It will not be your words spoken through you, the same that happened at Pentecost to begin with. Peter and the other disciples were willing, not having to do or else attitudes. Willing, the same as Jesus was willing "Nevertheless Father, not my will, your will
So, you can rest medicine. Yet, I saw me getting proud and being a "Betty better than others" Luke 18:9-14. I saw to remain humble in knowing truth from God given me and not to be anyone better than anyone else. That includes everyone else. I see Jesus did not go to the higher up people, to get any approval from the Levites, have you anywhere in the Bible, I have not? Nor have I read anywhere he rebuked them, unless they were accusing him first, and he spoke truth from Father every time about their misusing love over having enough money to get things here on earth. Job security got them to get Jesus killed, People were not wanting the Religious leaders advice any more. They became in fear of losing their Levite priesthood, Jesus was totally truthful.
Luke 16, is a great allegory to this truth, in what flesh nature does to escape, and what God's Spirit and Truth reveals to us, standing in trust no matter what, even if become homeless, to me at least, and or die, die willingly, and see new in truth given you too. John 16:33
I see whether I live or die, I belong to God thanks to God in Son's done work for us all. John 19:30
If I do not die yet physically, God remains with me, If I die, then I am with God still. Romans 14 revealed this to me too, thank you and you as well, if has not yet gotten revealed it will, thank you
 
We need a good thread about evil spirits and spiritual warfare to expel them. Casting out demons is what Jesus did the most of in scripture. I know there's two guys on this board who don't like me talking about demons, hopefully they wont trash up the thread. (in Jesus name!)

Derek Prince was a great teacher, I'm still learning from him, RIP Brother.


I liked the first half of the video. Then I get to the second half, and I just can't think of New Testament examples where a Christian has some struggle with sin, goes to Jesus or the apostles for prayer, then some demon manifests, related to being addicted to TV or nail varnish or some outright sin, screeches, and the demon is cast out. When Paul writes about repenting from sin, he doesn't talk about demons being cast out.

Other than Satan entering Judas, I'm not seeing casting out demons being associated with people being involved in sin. An exception would be the woman who told fortunes, a Gentile, probably, and a word associated with it, related to our word python, was likely associated with the Apollo cult. That was a case of interacting with a spirit of divination as the sin she was involved in. I'm not saying people can't have specific experiences. I'm wary of that being turned into doctrine and standard approaches to dealing with issues. If the Bible teaches repentance, self control, and being filled with the spirit, and our go-to methodology becomes trying to cast demons out for whatever sin... I see that there can be a disconnect there.

One brother on Facebook said that he had proof that a Christian could be demon possessed, then he posted about a pastor who had molested children. I didn't see that as proof of demon possession. What if the man himself was evil? Do people who do evil have to have demons to do evil? Maybe there is a demon there, and maybe not.

And for the so-called 'spiritual warfare' attempts at casting certain spirits out of cities, named after sins prevalent in those cities...something that I did not hear was associated with Derek Prince, btw, if you succeeded in casting all the spirits of fornication, adultery, and drunkenness out of a city, assuming there are specific demons for those things in the city, and the flesh of the people craves these things and the people enjoy those things, can't they do that without demons being present. I don't see where demons ___are___ the sins or are necessary for sin to take place. I John speaks of the world, the flesh, and the devil. It's not all devil.
 
Another concern, if Paul says that the Spirit we have received is not the spirit of fear... how is that evidence for the existence of a spirit of fear? That seems to be a rather large logical leap.

I don't see a lot of evidence in the gospel that persistent problems, including emotional problems, in people are demons. I suppose demons could cause emotional problems, but it seems like demons are typically cast out of raving demoniacs, not just those who were sad. Again this is an area for discernment, not just treating casting out demons as a cure all. God can also heal emotional issues.
 
I liked the first half of the video. Then I get to the second half, and I just can't think of New Testament examples where a Christian has some struggle with sin, goes to Jesus or the apostles for prayer, then some demon manifests, related to being addicted to TV or nail varnish or some outright sin, screeches, and the demon is cast out. When Paul writes about repenting from sin, he doesn't talk about demons being cast out.

In my estimation it may be sin clouding your judgement and understanding.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
From the OP:
We need a good thread about evil spirits and spiritual warfare to expel them. Casting out demons is what Jesus did the most of in scripture.
We sure do, and it sure was.

And late in this thread:
It would be a good thing to teach others how to deal with demonic spirits
Having experience in a ministry of deliverance, I would be blessed to share what I am learning with anyone who is sincere in wanting to know more about getting set free from unclean spirits. I am here to listen and not to preach, a "nuts and bolts" approach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edward429451
From the OP:

We sure do, and it sure was.

And late in this thread:

Having experience in a ministry of deliverance, I would be blessed to share what I am learning with anyone who is sincere in wanting to know more about getting set free from unclean spirits. I am here to listen and not to preach, a "nuts and bolts" approach.
By all means I encourage you to do so