Faith is a work.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I'll already gave, here is another one:

Luke 7:50
“And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”

King James Version (KJV)​
One must have faith.....however, that does not replace all other commandments.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
That verse show the correlation between faith and work.

All That woman doing is kissing and anointing Jesus feet with ointment

And Jesus say your faith save you.

Is kissing and anointing Jesus feet = faith?

I do not think the definition of faith is kissing and anointing, but what she did is the manefestation of faith.

She show her faith in work, like James say.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
As I have stated, you cannot find Peter preaching, "Jesus died for your sins and rose again for your justification", as 1 Cor 15 stated. He did not understand that aspect of the Cross.

Rather, he indict the Jewish listeners for murdering Jesus. Stephen did the same too.
1 Peter 1:
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

NO difference of the gospel message presented by Paul and Peter.

Jan 12, 2019
1 Peter 1:
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

NO difference of the gospel message presented by Paul and Peter.
1 Peter was written way after Acts my dear. In that same letter, Peter told his Jewish followers to go to Paul for correct doctrine. He obviously have lots of time to reflect since his proclamation in Acts 15.

We are talking about early Acts Peter here.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
1 Peter was written way after Acts my dear. In that same letter, Peter told his Jewish followers to go to Paul for correct doctrine. He obviously have lots of time to reflect since his proclamation in Acts 15.

We are talking about early Acts Peter here.
It was their faith that motivated everything they did. Without faith they would not have done anything. Their very lives were a witness to their inner faith.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
According to James 2:22 that is exactly what it is—faith and works together. “...Faith was working TOGETHER WITH HIS WORKS AND BY WORKS FAITH WAS MADE PERFECT. “
In James 2:22, faith made perfect or complete by works means bring to maturity, carry to the end, to complete like love in 1 John 4:18. It does not mean that Abraham was finally saved based on merits of his works after he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22. When Abraham performed the good work in Genesis 22; he fulfilled the expectations created by the pronouncement of his faith in Genesis 15:6.

In James 2:23, the scripture was fulfilled in vindicating or demonstrating that Abraham believed God and was accounted as righteous. Abraham was accounted as righteous based on his faith (Genesis 15:6) not his works (Romans 4:2-3) long before he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22.

That’s why he says “not by faith only” in verse 24.
What James means by "faith only" (James 2:24) is an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works" (James 2:14) and not authentic faith that results in producing evidential works. You need to keep in mind that James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God (Romans 4:2-3).

And that’s why his example of Abraham shows him DOING something, offering Issac.
Yes, Abraham DID something (offered up Isaac on the altar - Genesis 22) many years AFTER he believed God and it/faith (not works) was accounted to him for righteousness. (Genesis 15:5-6; Romans 4:2-3)

It’s an example of faith and works working together.
Faith is the root of salvation and works are the fruit. No fruit at all demonstrates there is no root. Man is saved through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is vindicated, substantiated, evidenced by works (James 2:14-24).

*Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.*

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not by the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies is never alone (solitary, unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24). *Perfect Harmony* :)

Eli12

Jul 3, 2019
All christians, no matter how they think of themselves about salvation, will be judge by their works besides their faith in Jesus' blood.

Rom 2:6 And he will render to each one according to his works: 7 everlasting life to those who are seeking glory and honor and incorruptibleness by endurance in work that is good; 8 however, for those who are contentious and who disobey the truth but obey unrighteousness there will be wrath and anger, 9 tribulation and distress, upon the soul of every man who works what is injurious, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who works what is good, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.
... 14:10 (...) For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice out of heaven say, “Write: Happy are the dead who die in union with the Lord from this time onward. Yes, says the spirit, let them rest from their labors, for the things they did go right with them.”
... 19:8 Yes, it has been granted to her to be arrayed in bright, clean, fine linen, for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”
... 20:12 (...) The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

If everyone, included real christians, will be before the seat of judgement then everyone will be judged, not matter their faith on Jesus'blood. FAITH is the first step, WORKS after the faith are a must to be favored on the day of that trial. I am not diminishing the importance of faith ... some others are diminishing the importance of works.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
That verse show the correlation between faith and work.

All That woman doing is kissing and anointing Jesus feet with ointment

And Jesus say your faith save you.

Is kissing and anointing Jesus feet = faith?

I do not think the definition of faith is kissing and anointing, but what she did is the manefestation of faith.

She show her faith in work, like James say.
There are many ways to demonstrate our faith.

Mar 28, 2016
One must given faith as a law .The letter of the law kills .The unseen work of Christ's faith heals.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
One must given faith as a law .The letter of the law kills .The unseen work of Christ's faith heals.
No, how you view the law is how it kills. If you try to justify yourself through the law, it will kill you because the sacrifices have been taken away.

We still keep the law, but we do so spiritually. Jesus gave the beatitudes to expound on the proper way to obey the law. The law is written in our minds and on our hearts, and we learn from it as we think on it. 5thumbsup.gif

Mar 28, 2016
No, how you view the law is how it kills. If you try to justify yourself through the law, it will kill you because the sacrifices have been taken away.

We still keep the law, but we do so spiritually. Jesus gave the beatitudes to expound on the proper way to obey the law. The law is written in our minds and on our hearts, and we learn from it as we think on it. View attachment 202178

Yes spiritually through the law of faith (the unseen)

How I view part of the law... it does kill . The unseen part of the perfect law of mixing faith . . . heals giving us a new spirit life , "converting the soul":. Together they make the one perfect or complete law.

It does everything that God appoints to us as he works His faith in us with us to both will and do His good pleasure(imputed righteousness. Imputed faith as a work of God .

The law of the Lord is perfect, "converting the soul": the testimony of the Lord is sure, "making wise the simple".The statutes of the Lord are right, "rejoicing the heart": the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. "More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb". Moreover by them "is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward". Psalm 19:7-11

Mar 28, 2016
All christians, no matter how they think of themselves about salvation, will be judge by their works besides their faith in Jesus' blood.

Rom 2:6 And he will render to each one according to his works: 7 everlasting life to those who are seeking glory and honor and incorruptibleness by endurance in work that is good; 8 however, for those who are contentious and who disobey the truth but obey unrighteousness there will be wrath and anger, 9 tribulation and distress, upon the soul of every man who works what is injurious, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who works what is good, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.
... 14:10 (...) For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice out of heaven say, “Write: Happy are the dead who die in union with the Lord from this time onward. Yes, says the spirit, let them rest from their labors, for the things they did go right with them.”
... 19:8 Yes, it has been granted to her to be arrayed in bright, clean, fine linen, for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”
... 20:12 (...) The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

If everyone, included real christians, will be before the seat of judgement then everyone will be judged, not matter their faith on Jesus'blood. FAITH is the first step, WORKS after the faith are a must to be favored on the day of that trial. I am not diminishing the importance of faith ... some others are diminishing the importance of works.
Believer will not be jusded there is no condemnation in Christ . His work of faith of pouring out his unseen Spirit. . paid the eternal wage in full.

Christ sat in the judgment seat in our place . The final judgment is the execution .Throwing the letter of the law (death) as that which kills into the fire never to rise and condemn another creation forever more

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John3:18

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Eli12

Jul 3, 2019
Believer will not be jusded there is no condemnation in Christ . His work of faith of pouring out his unseen Spirit. . paid the eternal wage in full.

Christ sat in the judgment seat in our place . The final judgment is the execution .Throwing the letter of the law (death) as that which kills into the fire never to rise and condemn another creation forever more

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John3:18

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
You are not saying a thing about the Scriptures I cited before ... just going somewhere else.

Tell me something: do you believe that these people here didn't put faith on Christ too?

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Mar 28, 2016
You are not saying a thing about the Scriptures I cited before ... just going somewhere else.

Tell me something: do you believe that these people here didn't put faith on Christ too?

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’
Which people did not exercise the faith of Christ, of God's faith that works in them to both will and do the good pleasure?

The many did prophecy and even expel lying spirits but not in respect to his name, their own .

God can use a unbeliever to bring his gospel just as easily as one who have been given new faith in respect to Christ work of faith as a labor of His love.

God is not served by human hands in that way shape or form , as if he who satisfies all needs needed something form the clay he forms Christ in. Mankind can plant the spiritual seed and water it with the doctrines of God. But God alone causes the growth (if there is any.)

The man used to typify mankind in Mathew 7 had no growth, no faith. No Jesus

Eli12

Jul 3, 2019
I don't think so. They were doing a lot of things on the name of Jesus ... That means they had a lot of faith on him. The last words Jesus said specified where the problem was: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’ . It was not faith what they lack, it was works.

Theophilos

Aug 4, 2019
“Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God that works it in you.”

Holy Scriptures have a way of saying one followed by the other. Like nothing else in the Bible, this is not accidental.

Eli12

Jul 3, 2019
“Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God that works it in you.”

Holy Scriptures have a way of saying one followed by the other. Like nothing else in the Bible, this is not accidental.
Very true. We must do our part, though.

Theophilos

Aug 4, 2019
Very true. We must do our part, though.
Absolutely, that’s what the Scriptures are telling us. We know what we must do, and we should go and do it. Who, and to what measure exactly, is behind all our actions is not for us to know. It is one of the mysteries of our faith.

Eli12

Jul 3, 2019
(...) Who, and to what measure exactly, is behind all our actions is not for us to know. It is one of the mysteries of our faith.
Can you, please, elaborate on this point for me to understand what you mean with these words?

Theophilos

Aug 4, 2019
Is it our faith? Is it our works? I believe the Scriptures are telling us it’s both. In the Christian east, we call it “Synergia.”

To the point. We don’t know if it’s only faith or if it’s only works. Scriptures are telling us it’s both. When it states one, it often follows with the other. Since we don’t know exactly how this works, we refer to it as a mystery of our faith, and go no further. We need not to.

In the words of C.S. Lewis, asking which one is more important is like asking which blade in a pair of scissors is more important.