Faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Faith = Trusting... Faith is trusting that the Atonement that Jesus secured for the forgiveness of our sins will secure our eternal salvation when we trust it does..
Amen! Either we are trusting 100% in Christ’s finished work of redemption as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
“EVERYTHING IS IN CHRIST AND THE CROSS

Now, it should be understood, the only way that mankind can approach God is by virtue of the Cross of Christ. This means that everything we receive from the Lord, as well, is all made possible by the Cross.”

Excerpt From
Brother Swaggart, Here Is My Question About The Cross
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/br...my-question-about-the-cross/id917790228?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.
"For no one comes to the Father except through Me."

"For there is one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ."

I guess neither Jesus nor Paul got the memo about "the Cross" being the mediator.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
We must understand that God doesn't give victory to men, only to Christ; His victory becomes ours, as we are properly in Him (John 14:20; Romans 6:3-5).

“WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR ONE TO PLACE ONE’S FAITH IN THE CROSS OF CHRIST?

ANSWER:

It means for one to place their faith exclusively in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross, exclusive of everything else.
There is nothing physical about placing one’s faith in the Cross of Christ. It is simply a matter of Believing.

BELIEVING WHAT?

We are to understand and, therefore, believe that every single thing that comes to anyone from God comes by the means of Christ and what Christ has done for us at the Cross. This means that Salvation comes to the sinner because of what Jesus did at the Cross. It means that every single Blessing received by the Believer from the Lord was all made possible by the Cross. In other words, anything that anyone has ever received from the Lord is because Jesus offered Himself as a Sacrifice on Calvary’s Cross, which paid the sin debt, making it possible for God to deal directly with human beings, at least those who believe.”

Excerpt From
Brother Swaggart, Here Is My Question About The Cross
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/br...my-question-about-the-cross/id917790228?mt=11
MoTC, are you capable of answering in your own words? Why must you parrot a disgraced preacher?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All too many people say this motto, "All we need know is Christ crucified."

This will not save others unless you are living the Gospel, Know the Gospel, and share the Gospel.

When you have accomplished this you will save souls because of "Christ Crucified," but just parroting Christ crucified and the cross is not enough, not by miles. To pat, too easy. The way in Christ is promised not to be so easy.........

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
It is not 'what' but 'Who' . . .

"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" (Galatians 2:19-21).

My faith is worthless, therefore I reject any notion that I have enough faith to make it 5 seconds without failure - it is Christ's faith that I cling to.

"Forsaking all, I trust Him!"

btw, it is 100% His faith and absolutely 0% any works . . . 'not of works, lest any man should boast."

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I believe that if I show mercy to others, the Lord will likewise have mercy with me. how could He do less?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Use this simple standard . . . is your mercy 100%?

Use that as a ruler to judge how straight your path is to heaven.

In fact, you can use the 100% measure on every good work you presume you are doing and then compare it to the perfection that is Jesus Christ.

For my part, I'll accept His Work on the cross as payment in full. Anything less and it is yourself that must pay what Jesus paid and offers freely to whomsoever may come . . .

Sep 3, 2016

This will not save others unless you are living the Gospel, Know the Gospel, and share the Gospel.

When you have accomplished this you will save souls because of "Christ Crucified," but just parroting Christ crucified and the cross is not enough, not by miles. To pat, too easy. The way in Christ is promised not to be so easy.........

Please note the following:

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
The only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27)
The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

I've already addressed your fallacy of equivocation.

Luke 14:27 DOES NOT SAY that the only way to Jesus Christ is my the means of the cross, capitalized or otherwise. That is a misrepresentation of Scripture. It says, "Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

The cross is not the Author and Perfecter of faith. The cross is not the Lion and the Lamb. The cross is not the Creator and Redeemer. The cross is not the eternal Son of God Who came in the flesh. Jesus Christ is the object of our faith... Jesus plus nothing. He was the rightful object of faith before the cross and He is the rightful object of faith after.

The cross can't hear your prayers. It's time to stop worshiping an idol.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Faith means trust. It is not just faith in salvation, but faith in everyday life. It seems so easy to say I have faith in Jesus and when I die I'll go be with him. Yet, we can't even trust jesus that very day with our lives. We worry about work, our family,etc. Shouldn't that be easier than our salvation? So faith is trust, and trust is learning to love God more and more everyday.

Sep 3, 2016
What is no faith?
“DISCIPLESHIP - Luke 14:25-27

25 And there went great multitudes with Him (proclaims Him having left the home of this Pharisee, and now continuing His journey toward Jerusalem): and He turned, and said unto them (He was anxious now, at the end, clearly to make it known to all these multitudes what serving Him really signified),

26 If any man come to Me (no exceptions), and hate (prefer) not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also (no affection, however strong, must be permitted to compete with or displace Christ), he cannot be My Disciple (once again, no exceptions!).”

“27 And whosoever does not bear his Cross (this doesn’t speak of suffering as most think, but rather ever making the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith; we are Saved and we are victorious not by suffering, although that sometimes will happen, or any other similar things, but rather by our Faith, but always with the Cross of Christ as the Object of that Faith), and come after Me (one can follow Christ only by Faith in what He has done for us at the Cross; He recognizes nothing else), cannot be My Disciple (the statement is emphatic!; if it’s not Faith in the Cross of Christ, then it’s faith that God will not recognize, which means that such people are refused [I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Rom. 6:3-14; 8:1-2, 11, 13; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15]).”

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
“DISCIPLESHIP - Luke 14:25-27

“27 And whosoever does not bear his Cross (this doesn’t speak of suffering as most think, but rather ever making the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith; we are Saved and we are victorious not by suffering, although that sometimes will happen, or any other similar things, but rather by our Faith, but always with the Cross of Christ as the Object of that Faith), and come after Me (one can follow Christ only by Faith in what He has done for us at the Cross; He recognizes nothing else), cannot be My Disciple (the statement is emphatic!; if it’s not Faith in the Cross of Christ, then it’s faith that God will not recognize, which means that such people are refused [I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Rom. 6:3-14; 8:1-2, 11, 13; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15]).”

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11
By continually quoting JSM's twisted commentary, you are promoting idol worship.

Put your faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ, not in the cross. The cross can do nothing for you.

Sep 3, 2016
If it's not faith in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross, then it's faith that God will not recognize. The apostle says, "Christ shall profit you nothing" (Gal. 5:2). He says, "Christ is become of no effect unto you" (Gal. 5:4). That's the terrible problem that affixes itself to most Christians. They are trusting in things other than the Cross, making Christ of no effect. This guarantees spiritual failure. In fact, when the believer do this, they fall from Grace. In other words, the goodness of God, which, in effect, is the Grace of God, can no longer be extended to such Christians. The end result of such a position is bleak indeed!

Justification delivers us from the penalty of sin, while sanctification delivers us from the power of sin.

Our battle is not against acts of sin, but the fight is to keep our faith in who Christ is and what He did on the Cross, so we stay in His death, burial, and resurrection and are, therefore, victorious. That is the only way we are triumphant in Christ (II Cor. 2:14). And that is the only way He can work in us both to will (change our desires), and to do (give us the power of the Holy Spirit) (Phil. 2:13), so we can overcome sin. This is the only way believers can yield themselves as God’s servants (slaves) of obedience instead of being slaves to sin unto death (Rom. 6:16).

...and have no confidence in the flesh (in things other than the Cross, which alone is the guarantee of Salvation and Victory). Philippians 3:3

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you (instead of softening or modifying this seemingly harsh Doctrine, He instead intensified it by declaring it indispensable to Salvation), Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you (this terminology addresses the Cross; Christ would give Himself on the Cross for the Salvation of mankind; to fully believe in Him and what He did for us is what He means here; however, this Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you) John 6:53

JSM

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If it's not faith in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross, then it's faith that God will not recognize. The apostle says, "Christ shall profit you nothing" (Gal. 5:2). He says, "Christ is become of no effect unto you" (Gal. 5:4). That's the terrible problem that affixes itself to most Christians. They are trusting in things other than the Cross, making Christ of no effect.
Scripture twisting! Paul was writing about Christians who add Law to the finished work of Christ. He was not writing about "trusting in things other than the cross".

...and have no confidence in the flesh (in things other than the Cross, which alone is the guarantee of Salvation and Victory). Philippians 3:3
More Scripture twisting. Subtle and deadly.

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you (this terminology addresses the Cross; Christ would give Himself on the Cross for the Salvation of mankind; to fully believe in Him and what He did for us is what He means here; however, this Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you) John 6:53
This verse DOES NOT refer to "the Cross being the total Object of one's belief". Jesus Christ is to be the object of our belief.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
This is what believing in Christ means to me.
In Luke 10, the Lord speaks of a priest, a rabbi, and a Samaritan.
The first two who supposedly believed in God did not believe in loving their neighbor, while the Samaritan (a gentile, and supposed unbeliever), believed in loving his neighbor.
Reality check
The tribe of Levi (1 of Jacob's 12 son's) had been set apart by God for his service.

The duty of a Temple priest (Levite's only) was, to offer sacrifice's, present incense & oversee Temple morning & evening services.

The duty/office of other non Priest Levites was to assist the Priests in their services.

Samaritan's weren't gentiles. They were Jews that had intermarried & were looked upon by other Jews as half breeds.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Reread my post to which you reply. Have I not made it clear simply saying those words is not enough. Anyone who believes Jesus Christ will do what He teaches. The cross is the finishing of His Gospel......

If you say you believe Him, yet do not do as He teaches, your faith is in vain. Christ's Gospel is much more the a few quotes it began in Genesis.

Sep 3, 2016
Reread my post to which you reply. Have I not made it clear simply saying those words is not enough. Anyone who believes Jesus Christ will do what He teaches. The cross is the finishing of His Gospel......

If you say you believe Him, yet do not do as He teaches, your faith is in vain. Christ's Gospel is much more the a few quotes it began in Genesis.

Do you understand how the "Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus works (Romans 8:2)?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Do you understand how the "Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus works (Romans 8:2)?
I learned all from Jesus Christ. We believe Him, that is we do what He teaches and what He did as much as we are given to be able, and we obey Him.............

As for the law of the Holy Spirit, it has always been the same according t what may be derived from our Master's teaching.

Sep 3, 2016
I learned all from Jesus Christ. We believe Him, that is we do what He teaches and what He did as much as we are given to be able, and we obey Him.............

As for the law of the Holy Spirit, it has always been the same according t what may be derived from our Master's teaching.
How can a Believer keep the Lord's commandments and obey Him? And how do we do it?