False Teachers/False Prophets.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I tend to not listen to individuals that claim to be a channel directly to God and receive visions, divine words and such. However, I have taken issue with a certain YouTuber that claims to be such. His videos focus solely on Christ “Imminent” return. From seeing visions of Jesus to receiving supposed messages that he reads at the end of each video, he has cumulated a following of about 35 thousand subscribers. Most of the comments in the threads seem to believe he really is a Prophet. I have called him out on a few occasions and he has stated to me that if I don’t believe him I don’t believe in the Lord. I just wanted to be see other Believers opinions on this matter are. Should I just stop rebuking him or should I continue to call him out as self appointed Soothsayer so others might realize he promoting false teachings? I certainly pray for him and his followers.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
I have seen and dealt with these types before. Best to err on the side of caution, and by that I mean a healthy scepticism. In this day and age many will rise up and draw followers after themselves. And the self defence mechanism is that "you cant question me, because then you question the Lord".

I am not saying he is or isn't. The biblical test is that you will know them by their fruits.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Can you tell us who this person is?

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I have seen and dealt with these types before. Best to err on the side of caution, and by that I mean a healthy scepticism. In this day and age many will rise up and draw followers after themselves. And the self defence mechanism is that "you cant question me, because then you question the Lord".

I am not saying he is or isn't. The biblical test is that you will know them by their fruits.
Test the spirit for sure. My question to him was “ If you’re really a Prophet, why do ask for money?”. Like I said, many of these people I pay no attention to, but for some reason this guy just seem to stick out to me. The visions he describes and words that are spoken to him sound nothing like what is written in the scriptures.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Test the spirit for sure. My question to him was “ If you’re really a Prophet, why do ask for money?”. Like I said, many of these people I pay no attention to, but for some reason this guy just seem to stick out to me. The visions he describes and words that are spoken to him sound nothing like what is written in the scriptures.
So ignore him. If he has stated or implied that if you don't believe him, you don't believe in the Lord, then he's a nut job.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
It has been my experience with such people that any time someone claims "God spoke to me" or "God told me," they are about to tell you another lie. They have already told you one.

Jul 20, 2019
I think the real prophets have been set aside for great things, you wont be hearing from the real ones until the time is right. And asking for money should set alarm bells ringing.

Jul 20, 2019
It has been my experience with such people that any time someone claims "God spoke to me" or "God told me," they are about to tell you another lie. They have already told you one.
When God speaks to me, I will share it if I am told to, but so far havent been called to. Test them by there fruit

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
People that God blesses with insights dont make big deals and money out of it.
I remember recently rebuking a fortune teller callin herself a prophet of God declaring financial blessings.
A lot of people..scarily fell for it

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Yes, instead of the Scripture says this...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
His sheep hear His voice :)

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Can you tell us who this person is?
I can’t tell who he is, but I have conversations with him and he gives commentary in his own videos. I posted a link to video, please tell me why you think.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Yes, instead of the Scripture says this...
We have a revealed mandate from the Lord trough the apostle Paul to grow in knowledge and understanding of the word of God. That knowledge and understanding is attained through study, not persona, individual inspiration, 2 Timothy 2:15. Growing in knowledge and understanding of scripture is an academic exorcize that takes a great deal of time, effort, study, and prayer.

What I have noticed about those who feel threatened by concepts they do not understand or ideas that do not fit into their narrow mold of reasoning from the biblical text tend to immediately try to discredit the other person by challenging their academics by marginalizing their level of education, attacking their level of intelligence, and then claiming that their own view is the correct one because the Holy Spirit has led them to understand these things, even when it stands diametrically opposed to the language of scripture.

The truth is that this is really nothing more than an attempt to assign credibility to half-baked ideas, theories, or concepts that scripture clearly will not support. What is more, that person KNOWS the language of the text will not support their claims so, they attempt to circumvent the written word by claiming the Holy Spirit as the source of what they believe. Anyone who claims the Holy Spirit is directing them to accept something as truth that stands contrary to the written text (of which the Holy Spirit is the true author) is simply lying in attempt to establish credibility for themselves by extending credit for their ideas to the Holy Spirit. Don't blame a half-baked humanistic approach to scripture on God.

If someone comes along enticing us to follow false doctrines claiming the power of God to perform healing of whatever variety, we are to judge his doctrine NOT on the weight of his signs or wonders, but according to the word of God recorded in scripture. I don’t care if he goes to the morgue and raises everyone in there. If his teachings are contrary to revealed truth, he is to be ignored and driven from our midst. If his teaching does not agree with revealed truths, he is a false prophet; no matter what powers he may seem to possess.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Should I just stop rebuking him or should I continue to call him out as self appointed Soothsayer so others might realize he promoting false teachings?
Your best option is to use Scripture to refute and rebuke (2 Tim 3:16,17). And then simply quit watching. We will continue to see false apostles, false prophets, and false teachers until the revelation of the Antichrist: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. (Mt 24:11)

And then we have the false *Vicar of Christ* roaming around the world and deceiving many. And many so-called evangelicals are running after him.

Christians should note that when anyone chooses to deviate from Scripture and Bible truth, they subsequently refuse to abandon their false doctrine and practices.

Mar 23, 2016
Like I said, many of these people I pay no attention to, but for some reason this guy just seem to stick out to me.
Since this guy seems to be someone you're stuck on for whatever reason, just continue to monitor him and reprove/rebuke as you see fit.

There is nothing wrong with Christ-like correction of error and Scripture encourages us to do so.

Some who listen may be spared being tossed to and fro and carried about by winds of doctrine as they his teaching is contrary to Scripture. You may not stop him from posting youtube videos, but you may help others and keep them from going astray.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Your best option is to use Scripture to refute and rebuke (2 Tim 3:16,17). And then simply quit watching. We will continue to see false apostles, false prophets, and false teachers until the revelation of the Antichrist: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. (Mt 24:11)

And then we have the false *Vicar of Christ* roaming around the world and deceiving many. And many so-called evangelicals are running after him.

Christians should note that when anyone chooses to deviate from Scripture and Bible truth, they subsequently refuse to abandon their false doctrine and practices.
I have quoted scripture and hence have not gotten a response. I’m not rebuking him for my own pride or justification. He has many followers whom seem to believe him. He tells people to repent which is good, but he mixes scripture with his own words(Claimed to be from Jesus) to ask people for this repentance. It’s not right.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Since this guy seems to be someone you're stuck on for whatever reason, just continue to monitor him and reprove/rebuke as you see fit.

There is nothing wrong with Christ-like correction of error and Scripture encourages us to do so.

Some who listen may be spared being tossed to and fro and carried about by winds of doctrine as they his teaching is contrary to Scripture. You may not stop him from posting youtube videos, but you may help others and keep them from going astray.
I’m certainly not one to advocate for any censorship. He is allowed to post what he wants as along as it does not violate YouTube’s policies(As laughable as those can be).

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
I can’t tell who he is, but I have conversations with him and he gives commentary in his own videos. I posted a link to video, please tell me why you think.

Why can't you tell us his name? Actually your commanded to "expose" him and others like him. Otherwise God will hold you accountable for not warning people. Read Ephesians 5:11 and especially what the Apostle Paul stated at Acts 20:27-31. Oh yea, also read what God says at Ezekiel 3:18. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Why can't you tell us his name? Actually your commanded to "expose" him and others like him. Otherwise God will hold you accountable for not warning people. Read Ephesians 5:11 and especially what the Apostle Paul stated at Acts 20:27-31. Oh yea, also read what God says at Ezekiel 3:18. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
I don’t know what his name is. He never gave it. And isn’t what I doing now exposing him?