Family cursed down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 1, 2023
So my family have been attacked heavily by satans. My sibling is deaf in one ear. I got schizophrenic to form, no contact with family, my grandmother cannot walk anymore etc how to take off this curse?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Firstly, welcome to CC. :)

Secondly, this is not a "Bible Discussion Forum" topic... there are other forums on this site where this question would be more appropriate. That said...

Thirdly, it sounds like your family suffers from effects of the Fall, not any particular curse. We live in a broken world, and sickness happens. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you have the authority to break any curses uttered against you, but you may not have the authority to do so for other adults. I would encourage you to talk with an experienced Christian pastor about these matters.

Sep 28, 2023
this is not a "Bible Discussion Forum" topic
It should be!

We should be teaching people how to not only get born again but also to walk in authority over the forces of darkness...

Not many Christians have the knowledge or the experience to make the devil run off.

Here's the starting point:

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The definition of resisting the devil so he will flee is... submitting one's self to God.

And of course here's where many Christians leave the path of truthfulness as they would call this works based salvation which causes the devil to laugh and it's why the devil pushes so many Christians around and they can't do anything to stop him... due to false doctrine!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
So my family have been attacked heavily by satans. My sibling is deaf in one ear. I got schizophrenic to form, no contact with family, my grandmother cannot walk anymore etc how to take off this curse?
Matthew 19:26
“But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”

Cast all your burdens upon Him. Let Him have His way with you.

Sep 28, 2023
Cast all your burdens upon Him. Let Him have His way with you.
Kinda sounds like you're saying God is the one responsible for the bad things in this guy's life and he should just roll with it.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Kinda sounds like you're saying God is the one responsible for the bad things in this guy's life and he should just roll with it.
I'm saying that God knows what is good and bad for us in the long run. Read the Book of Job. We must trust that Father knows best. His ways are higher than our ways and understanding sometimes. Just trust Him.

Sep 28, 2023
I'm saying that God knows what is good and bad for us in the long run. Read the Book of Job. We must trust that Father knows best. His ways are higher than our ways and understanding sometimes. Just trust Him.
Wow, so you think God sends the devil into people's lives to steal, kill, and destroy... to teach them a lesson and to steal, kill, and destroy... for their own good??? If this is what you believe, then you have the Lord and satan confused which is somthing the plagues the calvinists.

You must have cut John 10:10, and James 1:13 out of your bible having considered them to be lies.

Here's some insight on Job they don't teach in church... due to not believing the whole counsel of God...

about Job's troubles and what caused them.

Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.

So, we know being in fear and being afraid and cowardly is a sin according to Jesus because those doing this will be thrown in to hell.

In the story about Job, you'll notice that when the devil is talking to God he mentions that God had placed a hedge of protection around Job which is why the devil could not touch him up till that point. And, in the story you'll notice it says job kept doing the same sacrifice again and again because he was in fear that his children would curse God. (see Job 3:25)

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
This establishes that Job was actually having a sin problem in his life because he was in fear. Because of this sin, satan has a right to come against Job which is why the hedge of protection was removed by the Lord because if we live after the flesh (sin) we reap corruption (Gal 6:7,8)

The devil did not even know the hedge was broken until the Lord told the devil was Job was in his hands already and the Lord limited satan so he could not kill Job.

Before Jesus Christ went to the cross and was resurrected in victory, the devil had the right to go before the Lord’s throne in Heaven which was based upon the authority God had given to Adam (let man have dominion – see Genesis 1:26-28).

After the cross the devil cannot go in to the third Heaven where the Father’s throne is anymore like he used to be able to do under the old covenant, not after Hebrews 9 where Jesus used His own Blood and cleansed the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than those of bulls and goats as under the old covenant.

The attack on Job was limited by the Lord and stopped when Job did a sacrifice in faith for his friends which would have been when he got back on track and was no longer in fear and this is when the hedge of protection from the Lord went back up protecting Job and you’ll notice in the story that Job did quite well after that because of the blessing of the Lord.

The Lord called Job righteous because the sin Job did by being in fear was something that was done in ignorance at the time. The Lord says in Romans 4:15 where no law is, there is no transgression.

Just like Paul found mercy in the eyes of the Lord because his sin was done in ignorance. (1 Timothy 1:13). Since Job was heart right before the Lord and did not have the entire Word of God in his hands to study like we do today, the Lord had mercy on Job and considered him to be a righteous man.

The reason being ignorant for us today doesn’t last for very long as a new born babe in Christ is simply because the Lord has provided us with the whole counsel of God in written form and He has sent the Holy Spirit to be our Teacher to lead and guide us in to ALL Truth and take what belongs to Jesus and will show it unto us (John 16:13-15). Jesus said that God’s Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

In Luke 12:48, Jesus said For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. More is required of us since the Lord has given us far more to work with than what Job had in his day.

Christians are called to “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7), and those not doing this will experience what Job experienced because they aren’t abiding IN CHRIST which gives the devil an open door in to their lives due to the hedge of protection the Lord has provided to not be protecting them. The Lord’s protection is only applicable to those that are IN CHRIST

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
Job and the blind man come time mind, let's not assume anything.

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So my family have been attacked heavily by satans. My sibling is deaf in one ear. I got schizophrenic to form, no contact with family, my grandmother cannot walk anymore etc how to take off t2his curse?
What @oyster67 said. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
Wow, so you think God sends the devil into people's lives to steal, kill, and destroy... to teach them a lesson and to steal, kill, and destroy... for their own good??? If this is what you believe, then you have the Lord and satan confused which is somthing the plagues the calvinists.

You must have cut John 10:10, and James 1:13 out of your bible having considered them to be lies.

Here's some insight on Job they don't teach in church... due to not believing the whole counsel of God...

about Job's troubles and what caused them.

Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.

So, we know being in fear and being afraid and cowardly is a sin according to Jesus because those doing this will be thrown in to hell.

In the story about Job, you'll notice that when the devil is talking to God he mentions that God had placed a hedge of protection around Job which is why the devil could not touch him up till that point. And, in the story you'll notice it says job kept doing the same sacrifice again and again because he was in fear that his children would curse God. (see Job 3:25)

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
This establishes that Job was actually having a sin problem in his life because he was in fear. Because of this sin, satan has a right to come against Job which is why the hedge of protection was removed by the Lord because if we live after the flesh (sin) we reap corruption (Gal 6:7,8)

The devil did not even know the hedge was broken until the Lord told the devil was Job was in his hands already and the Lord limited satan so he could not kill Job.

Before Jesus Christ went to the cross and was resurrected in victory, the devil had the right to go before the Lord’s throne in Heaven which was based upon the authority God had given to Adam (let man have dominion – see Genesis 1:26-28).

After the cross the devil cannot go in to the third Heaven where the Father’s throne is anymore like he used to be able to do under the old covenant, not after Hebrews 9 where Jesus used His own Blood and cleansed the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than those of bulls and goats as under the old covenant.

The attack on Job was limited by the Lord and stopped when Job did a sacrifice in faith for his friends which would have been when he got back on track and was no longer in fear and this is when the hedge of protection from the Lord went back up protecting Job and you’ll notice in the story that Job did quite well after that because of the blessing of the Lord.

The Lord called Job righteous because the sin Job did by being in fear was something that was done in ignorance at the time. The Lord says in Romans 4:15 where no law is, there is no transgression.

Just like Paul found mercy in the eyes of the Lord because his sin was done in ignorance. (1 Timothy 1:13). Since Job was heart right before the Lord and did not have the entire Word of God in his hands to study like we do today, the Lord had mercy on Job and considered him to be a righteous man.

The reason being ignorant for us today doesn’t last for very long as a new born babe in Christ is simply because the Lord has provided us with the whole counsel of God in written form and He has sent the Holy Spirit to be our Teacher to lead and guide us in to ALL Truth and take what belongs to Jesus and will show it unto us (John 16:13-15). Jesus said that God’s Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

In Luke 12:48, Jesus said For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. More is required of us since the Lord has given us far more to work with than what Job had in his day.

Christians are called to “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7), and those not doing this will experience what Job experienced because they aren’t abiding IN CHRIST which gives the devil an open door in to their lives due to the hedge of protection the Lord has provided to not be protecting them. The Lord’s protection is only applicable to those that are IN CHRIST
Is the fear of the Lord a sin?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You demand that they flee. You have the authority given to you in Christ they are under your feet if you understand and accept where you stand in his kingdom they have no choice but to sumbit to you

But believe me when your asttacked mentally emotionally physically then you are really under attack.
Try almost dying seven times in one year having actual demos come into your room speaking to you without moving their lips draining you making you feel sickly

What you are going through is something that you have the power to rebuke but trust me this is not satan attacking you severely this is something that yes the devil has his hand in but it is not affecting you in all the ways I decribed.

I only say this because people call terrible things in life spiritual attacks but bad things happen all the time because we live in a corrupt world and generation.

Bo actual spiritual warfare is real demons actually appear your inner most shame and rtegrets continuously whispered to you in a voice with no sound feeling your body and spirit being drained feeling sick like you lacking blood this is actual spiritual warfare and every time they only come after you if your a threat.

Take consideration what actual warfare is and upon realizing the authority uoi hold over the powers of hell great and small perhaps you could become a spiritual warrior for God

Sep 28, 2023
Is the fear of the Lord a sin?
Job was scared and in a different kind of fear... the kind of fear Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 sends people to hell... if they fail to repent of it and quit walking in it.

The fear of the Lord is something else entirely

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Had job not gotten in to being scared his children were going to curse God and die... the hedge of protection God had around him would not have had a hole in it making it possible for the devil to attack him.

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Job tells us the key to understanding where it all went wrong for himn when he said.... what I feared came upon me.

Sep 28, 2023
You demand that they flee.
Unless one has submitted their entire life to the Lord... they devil doesn't have to leave and won't be going anywhere.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The definition of resisting the devil is... submission to God.

Sep 28, 2023
One must with a pure heart towards the Lord, ask for forgiveness of ALL their sin... forsake ALL their sin... and desire more than anything else in the world to live to please the Lord in all they do.

That's just a starting point... then one needs to do what Jesus did when the devil came to tempt Him which is speak God's promises!

Anti-demonic Confessions from God's Word

demon: I am rejected.

God: I am accepted (Eph 1:6 and Psm 139:17)

demon: I feel guilty

God: I am totally forgiven (Eph 1:7, Psm 103:3)

demon: I am inadequate

God: I am adequate (Phil 1:7; 2 Cor 3:5)

demon: I Am fearful, anxious person

God: I am free from fear. (2 Tim 1:9)

demon: I am not very smart

God: I have God's wisdom (1 Corth 1:30)

demon: I am in bondage

God: I am free (2 Corth 3:17)

demon: I am unlovable/unloved.

God: I am loved (John 5:19)

demon: I am unwanted

God: I have been adopted by God and am His Child (1 John 3:1)

demon: I am hopeless

God: I have all the hope I need (Rom 15:13)

demon: I have no strength

God: I have God's power (Eph 1:1)

demon: I feel condemned

God: I am blameless (Rom 8:1)

demon: I feel alone

God: I am never alone (Heb 13 5-6)

demon: I have no one to take care of me

God: I am protected/safe (Psm 32:7-8)

demon: There is nothing special about me

God: I have been chosen by God. (1 Cor 6:11)

demon: I am not good enough

God: I am perfected in Christ (Heb 10:14

demon: I am defeated.

God: I am victorious (2 Corn 2:14)

demon: I can't reach God

God: I have Access to God (Luke 10:19)

demon: I feel inferior

God I am designed uniquely for God's purposes (Psm 139:13)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Job was scared and in a different kind of fear... the kind of fear Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 sends people to hell... if they fail to repent of it and quit walking in it.

The fear of the Lord is something else entirely

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Had job not gotten in to being scared his children were going to curse God and die... the hedge of protection God had around him would not have had a hole in it making it possible for the devil to attack him.

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Job tells us the key to understanding where it all went wrong for himn when he said.... what I feared came upon me.
Have you read Job? The devil believed Job had a hedge around him. It was God who told Satan to consider Job. And it was the devil who said Job had a hedge around him. So he had obviously considered Job before to no avail.

Sep 28, 2023
Have you read Job? The devil believed Job had a hedge around him. It was God who told Satan to consider Job. And it was the devil who said Job had a hedge around him. So he had obviously considered Job before to no avail.
Yes, and satan could never touch Job either... until Job started fearing his children were going to curse God and die, causing him to do the same sacrifice over and over out of fear.

Do you deny that Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 that being fearful sends people to hell... ???

According to Jesus, being scared is a sin!.... that's what broke the hedge of protection God had placed around Job

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Yes, and satan could never touch Job either... until Job started fearing his children were going to curse God and die, causing him to do the same sacrifice over and over out of fear.

Do you deny that Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 that being fearful sends people to hell... ???

According to Jesus, being scared is a sin!.... that's what broke the hedge of protection God had placed around Job
So a man who was perfect and upright, and who feared the Lord, and eschewed evil doesn't make it to heaven. Keep in mind, this is God's testimony of Job.
Of course whatever is written in scripture is true. But your understanding of it often isn't. When it says Job feared for his children, it merely means he had a concern for them. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have children who understand basic biblical truth better than what you come up with.

Sep 28, 2023
Keep in mind, this is God's testimony of Job.
Er, yeah... and obviously Job had a time of backsliding... were you not paying attention to that when reading the Book of Job???

Jesus tells us in Revelation 21:8 that being fearful is sinful behavior and Job tells us what he feared came upon him... what part of this is hard to understand??? coffee_cup_guy2.gif

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Er, yeah... and obviously Job had a time of backsliding... were you not paying attention to that when reading the Book of Job???

Jesus tells us in Revelation 21:8 that being fearful is sinful behavior and Job tells us what he feared came upon him... what part of this is hard to understand??? View attachment 257588
I must have a different version than you. My version said that in all that happened, Job did not sin. How does one backslide without sinning?

Sep 28, 2023
When it says Job feared for his children, it merely means he had a concern for them.
Yes, and worry and concern is part of fear... we learn that in the New Testament

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Psalms 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Care (found in 2 Corinthians 11:28)
from 3307 (through the idea of distraction); solicitude: KJV -- care.

Careful (found in Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7)
from 3308; to be anxious about: KJV -- (be, have) care, FEAR (-ful), take thought.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have children who understand basic biblical truth better than what you come up with.
If they are being taught by you... they are being misled clueless-doh.gif