Fasting and praying

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
Good Morning my name is Stephanie...I have suffered many traumatic moments and am very angry I am seeking the lord to transform my heart! I am new here not new to the lord but very new to the understanding and wisdom the great book provides! I am beginning a 21 day fast and need some guidance and encouragement I have many questions

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Hello Stephani! Welcome to cc! I fast often for spiritual gain under the Holy Spirit direction. So far never that long. At most five days. I have health issues that I know He takes into consideration! I hope you have prayed about this time frame and the Lord blesses you in this endeavour!. Fasting is of course about bringing our flesh under subjection. Jesus fasted and the enemy used this time of weakness to greatly tempt Him! I will pray for your strength and guidance! Blessings

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC and nice to meet you. If you post in one of the chat forums like the Ladies, Singles, Family, Prayer and etc you should get many helpful responses, God bless!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Welcome. I hope you are not discouraged or confused, as you may receive untold 'thoughts'
when asking questions. I have learned personal questions often require personal experience,
to help clarify a situation. I hope within these pages you are enlightened."
'Praise God'

unapplightgod - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy.jpg Friendly.png

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Good Morning my name is Stephanie...I have suffered many traumatic moments and am very angry I am seeking the lord to transform my heart! I am new here not new to the lord but very new to the understanding and wisdom the great book provides! I am beginning a 21 day fast and need some guidance and encouragement I have many questions
Welcome to CC, Stephanie!

If you haven't already read it, I recommend Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline. It has a very informative chapter on fasting, written from experience. May the Lord bless and sustain you in your fast. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am not too familiar with fasts but there are quite a few members that may be able to offer guidance and encouragement. Anger can be a destructive emotion if allowed to fester so I will offer a prayer for God to transform your heart and release this anger that is inside of you. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Anger problems...

I get angry when I don't eat.

Fasting probably isn't the best solution for me.

JPPT1974

May 16, 2015
East TN
Not for me. As really do not fast. As I however do not drink, smoke, do drugs, try to workout, and do not know if that is called fasting to you all. But am a virgin/celibacy as I enter my 45th year on the earth.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Just make sure you know your motivations. It requires discipline.

My first fast was a joyous moment though and pretty cool, subsequent ones have been "intense".

Keep a gallon jug of water handy most of the time...any time things get to be too much. Drink. If you have an overpowering hunger, read the word first.

If your vision starts to get fuzzy. Drink water.

Work out a boundary for anyone that is concerned if they pointedly ask you if you are fasting. You can't "lie" about it, but I don't tell them I'm fasting because of the scripture. If they ask I tell them and allay their concerns with sticking to my own personal boundary for their benefit.

Make sure you are on a healthy diet prior and loaded with plenty of nutrients.

Also if you are doing a daniel fast just do what you can. Don't focus on strict adherence...just go with veggies.

It's a way to test yourself and a way to seek him in a way that you kind of can't with the flesh present. Day to day it's impractical so just "abide".

Hope this helps in some way :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome to CC, sister Stephanie. I will pray with you for deliverance from trauma and anger. Surrender to Him and let Him do the healing. He wants us all to have peace and to be there for one another. God bless you.