I was raised on old films.
Arsenic and Old Lace is my favorite. Almost anything done by Hitchcock when the kiddo is older. Some of his older movies are more kid-friendly.
Judging by her tastes, she'll probably enjoy Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Annie Get Your Gun, and Yankee Doodle Dandy.
For dancing flicks, try anything with Fred Astaire. Shall We Dance and Swing Time are a couple of greats.
Movies back then were true works of art. It's sad to see what Hollywood has become.
I was raised on old films.
Arsenic and Old Lace is my favorite. Almost anything done by Hitchcock when the kiddo is older. Some of his older movies are more kid-friendly.
Judging by her tastes, she'll probably enjoy Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Annie Get Your Gun, and Yankee Doodle Dandy.
For dancing flicks, try anything with Fred Astaire. Shall We Dance and Swing Time are a couple of greats.
Movies back then were true works of art. It's sad to see what Hollywood has become.
Annie Get Your Gun is also next on our list. Excited to see that one. Anything you can do I can do better. Haha.
The Birds scared me for life. I watched Christmas in Connecticut for the first time on Friday, and we put our tree up last night and watched White Christmas. I would have loved to have seen the sets in person.
Matilda is now my favourite movie... although, I havent actually encountered any principal like Mrs Trunchbull who would hammerthrow her children by their pigtails.
But my high school dean WAS a body builder and I remember being scared of her.
No, im 80s the popular kids movies back then were the animated disneys, honey I shrunk the kids, gremlins, santa claus...of what I remember seeing. Jurassic Park.You were not really a 90's kid if you didn't see Matilda 6 billion times.
It encouraged me to read Moby Dick too. Ended up liking it more than Matilda. Matilda doesn't have a guy wearing a whale's foreskin on his head, St. Elmo's Fire, or a dude with lots of tats. These things are important to boys.
No, im 80s the popular kids movies back then were the animated disneys, honey I shrunk the kids, gremlins, santa claus...of what I remember seeing. Jurassic Park.
Yes that was Paddington 2 I saw it last night. Such a good movie. Love Paddington. Of course based on the picture book, as most good movies are (based on books I mean)I relly like the Paddington stories. I just watched one of the movies where he was framed and in prison. He iss quite a moving character. The others you mention, if they are as good, should be seen by all.
Older movies are the BESSST. I grew up on Singin in the Rain, Funny Face, Holiday In, The Quiet Man, and lots of Doris Day.
If I could think about it I’d recommend some super obscure ones it would be Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Inspector General, the Court Jester, maybe the Thin Man series