Favourite Bible Translations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

That tells us how to get saved. Post the scripture that tells us how to get born again.
Nope, that was Jesus answer to nicodemus question of how to be born again, born again literally means to pass from death to life, we pass from death to life because we are justified, or declared righteous.
we are born again because we are saved, there is nothing a saved person can do to be born again it’s automatic

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Which is why Scripture is preserved in thousands of manuscripts in several languages.
Where? Where is the holy, perfect, preserved words of God? The Septuagint? Nope! The Vaticanus? Nope!

Nov 23, 2013
Nope, that was Jesus answer to nicodemus question of how to be born again, born again literally means to pass from death to life, we pass from death to life because we are justified, or declared righteous.
we are born again because we are saved, there is nothing a saved person can do to be born again it’s automatic
Lol. That’s your definition. Show me the scripture that says born again means to pass from death to life.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
john 3. How to be born again
14 And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who [e]believes will have eternal life in Him.

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. 18 The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Only begotten...or it's false...;)

God has many sons...but only one begotten Son.

Nov 23, 2013
I’m really getting tired of people’s opinion about what they want the Bible to say. Could you just post scripture that contains the words of the topic please?

For example when you present the definition of born again, use a verse that has the term born again in it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Lol. That’s your definition. Show me the scripture that says born again means to pass from death to life.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

lol. Ok now I am really through

you need to stop worshiping a bible translation and go find a true bible believing church.

E

eternally-gratefull

Is this what you will tell God? God, it's impossible for you to preserve your perfect, holy words in English.
Why did God preserve it in English? Why did he not preserve it as it was origional written? Was he weak, did he not have the power? And why English, what makes you so special he gives you a perfect bible but not the Chinese, the Germans, the French or other people?

E

eternally-gratefull

Only begotten...or it's false...;)

God has many sons...but only one begotten Son.
Nope he has one true son, Begotten does not need to be there to make it true

E

eternally-gratefull

I’m really getting tired of people’s opinion about what they want the Bible to say. Could you just post scripture that contains the words of the topic please?

For example when you present the definition of born again, use a verse that has the term born again in it.
I am getting really sick of your cult trying to tell people what to do

if we are dead in sin, being born again means made alive again

it is also found in the word regenerated, which is done by Gods mercy, bot by our works,

we who were dead in tresspasses and sin, where made alive in Christ.

if yu want to get technical. Then we must be born of water and spirit,

how can yu be trusted with the word of God if yu do not even understand the word of God

Nov 23, 2013
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

lol. Ok now I am really through

you need to stop worshiping a bible translation and go find a true bible believing church.
Why can’t you simply show the verses that have the words “born again” to prove your point.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Do you have some scripture to support the idea that the Bible is not supposed to be perfect? Or scripture to support the idea that the only purpose of the Bible is to inform people of Christ.
Appreciate you asking fairly. These are a few that come to mind:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
Our letter book cannot even describe all the works that Jesus did. How can we compare it to Jesus' omniscient perfection?

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book,
If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy,
God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
If nothing can be added or taken away, why the warning? That would mean that God's Spirit inspires redundancy, or talks about what won't happen.

Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language
[this asserting effectively that human languages are NOT pure to God's satisfaction...],
that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Imo, this refers to the Holy Spirit given at the Pentecost, and not some new human language; no new languages were invented on that day.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament;
not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
The people of the Old testament had the truth written, but there was no spirit, to give understanding. Letter/words are only vehicle to the message. The Spirit drives it home and gives understanding. If the text was this complete perfection that the Spirit possesses, atheists reading the Bible would all become believers upon reading.

The whole Bible in context by the means of fulfilled prophecy fulfills the purpose of AUTHENTICATION - with the goal that people can believe God to be God, and conversely, Jesus to be His son, because a rich history of fulfilled prophecies has been noted (many scriptures showing this, I think I don't need to cite that). It proves everyone the author of the message is speaking from out of time, so they can believe. I did not mean literally this to be the only purpose, I say this relative to Jesus, to be clear - but thanks for asking for clarification. I sure believe this to be the chief purpose of the Bible. You are correct, in that there are other uses as well.

Isaiah 48:5 I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

Nov 23, 2013
I hear China is about to invade the US. I think I’m gonna focus on that now. Peace to all of you and good luck through the trying times that are coming.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I hear China is about to invade the US. I think I’m gonna focus on that now. Peace to all of you and good luck through the trying times that are coming.
God bless, and likewise to you brother.

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Why are they, why is anyone?
do you believe the KJV is the only perfect word Of God or not?
for me, the KJV is more accurate than the other translations. am i cult person, for only wanting to read the kjv ? so that must mean that growing up in the salvos, makes me a cult member. and now attending or being part of a pentecostal church, makes me a cult member. .... really ? i may as well join the catholic church, to be part of a cult, or join the JW's .. or other such churches.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
I like the NET. It has 66,000 footnotes, which use the original language, and refer to thousands of books and journals. I've read the Bible over 50 times, in many versions so I am well versed in the Bible. That allows me to read the footnotes for historical & geographical locations, background, grammar and vocabulary types and loads of other information.

I also am reading through the Greek NT for my second time, and reading the updated Martin Luther Bible in German. I've read the Bible in French. I use the Hebrew OT on occasion, but not enough.

The only Bible I have not read cover to cover is the KJV. I remembered why when I looked at some of the quotes in KJV by other posters. Obsolete and archaic words. Grammar that is far from modern English, and just bad syntax. I can't imagine why anyone would read a Bible in a language they have never studied. (I've taken many years of courses in the original languages, I am fluent in French, having studied it from grade 7 till my 50's. I have a couple years of German, too! That is why I read the Bible in other languages!)
People read the (a)kjv for various reasons. Some Believe it to be the most accurate translation available, and some actually enjoy reading it, they both understand and like the language, just as you like to read the bible in other languages (with differing grammar and sentence structure to your own language I assume.)

I personally love it!

Besides kjv, I study from Greek and Hebrew interlinears and I have a Greek NT. I also use “The Scriptures”, ESV, NKJV. I use online bible Tools and often scour the many versions of a verse if I am
Studying it.

I own a good news, youth bible, and niv but rarely use them unless I am speaking to someone who only uses/understands one of them, and we are discussing scripture.

(I have an apocryphal version- the New Jerusalem Bible- Which I only use when I want to show my catholic friends that the “eternal-Virgin” Mary is a myth regardless of which version bible
You subscribe to.)