First thing you will do after the lockdown

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the interrsting thing about this is for some people its no big deal and others its huge and for those who are suffering, trying to be positive when theres no end in sight seems insensitive.

for example, I am thankful that my employer is still paying me and even giving me a holiday at home while this virus is being dealt with.

but for those who maybe lost their jobs before lockdown and hadnt been able to find assistance it must be really hard, even worse because others arent seeing their suffering cos they in their own bubbles. And its not like I am. in a position to give them a paying job. I can say well start gardening, but if theyve never done it before and dont even have soil under the feet or any tools how can they begin it must be overwhelming.

and there are many out there like this which requires an organised effort to reach out, although some people can do little things one by one each day. I had a period where I was unemployed for over a year...and there were no decent jobs anywhere to be found. It felt like I had no future. the worse thing came from people who already had jobs or were retired as they didnt mean to but saw me not being employed as a sign I was lazy or not trying hard enough to get one.

T

TheIndianGirl

I've spent the last six weeks at my parents, who live halfway across the country. I'll be teleworking here until we are asked to come back, probably until the end of the year or maybe longer if there is a second wave. I work downtown where most people take public transport to get in, hence the delay in reopening.

Once the quarantine ends and I have to head back, I'll probably take a few days off and visit some museums, eat out, and walk around.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I'm glad this thread came back to life. It's a good one.
So when this thing is over, as in over over over. And over some more. Whenever that might be...
I want to TRAVEL! I want to hop in my car, get on a plane, and see stuff without worrying about touching my face, getting too close to people etc...
Nova Scotia and Alaska are two trips on my bucket list.
And then to echo a sister's reply above. HUG PEOPLE! Like real hugs.

Camess

Aug 11, 2020
Go to a contra dance!! I can't wait to go again!! And...
Music festival
Movie theater
Grocery store without a mask
Seeing people smile and smiling back!

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I don't know what will happen...but God has not only protected my family and friends during all of this...but He has moved mountains and answered life long prayers of forgiveness for my deepest hurts, for a kinder heart, and drawn me closer. He didn't do it alone...God sends the right people at the right time for the right job. I want Him to put me back on fire...I want to be one of those right time people.

Thank you Lord.

Camess

Aug 11, 2020
I don't know what will happen...but God has not only protected my family and friends during all of this...but He has moved mountains and answered life long prayers of forgiveness for my deepest hurts, for a kinder heart, and drawn me closer. He didn't do it alone...God sends the right people at the right time for the right job. I want Him to put me back on fire...I want to be one of those right time people.

Thank you Lord.
Praise God!
Its good to hear!
And I definitely agree.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Buy a welder's helmet and walk around town with it on. :ROFL:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
why the fuss about wearing masks.
Make it fun like americans have made halloween into a dressup party. Although the way people dress in america, just about anything goes!

First thing I will do after the SECOND lockdown is return all my library books. I have read them all now. I am down to reading the Readers DIgests.
Nobody this century reads them anymore...but Im making my way through the Travels and Adventures series.

Jacques Cousteau please come back. Your far fetched idea of living in a yellow submarine appeals to me now.

R

Renewal

Hopefully get leaflets made, be well enough and the have the courage to start evangelism and try to help labour in GOD's word to help stop people from dieing in their sins and going to hell. Have only given out cards before with no preaching but it felt very good.

Aug 16, 2020
I will destroy my mask, thinking of setting it on fire. I’m just so tired of this mask stuff, and working at the grocery store, people have been mean to basically me and all of my co-workers. Some couple yelled at one of our 70-year old (I want to say she’s in her 70s) customer service people because we had people without masks in our store. If they don’t like it, go to Wal-mart where it is mask mandatory. It was even worse when this virus stuff started, people didn’t even want me to touch their groceries (My job is to bag people’s groceries)...sorry for rant, but it’s hard for me right now at my job.

But for some other stuff I want to do, I want to get my Pokemon league back for meetups as soon as possible, the kids who go to my league have seen me at my job and ask when we will meet backup, I just feel sad for them cause they get sad when I have to respond that “I don’t know when we can yet”, I want to drive out to see my grandmother, I want to drive out to see family in Houston that I couldn’t see (My Dad’s dad, haven’t seen him in a long while, he doesn’t want anyone near him due to this virus stuff), I want to drive out to see my friend that lives out near Livingston, I want to be able to go to theme parks/Mall/Nerd stores again, and finally I want to go back to doing bible study programs with my mom and her friends.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Im gonna walk into the local store and laugh and make jokes with my favorite cashiers
while not wearing a mask.
waitaminute........................
I do that now.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Livingston MT? Great place to be.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I'm going to find a hairdresser or barber and get my Mohawk redone. I'm sick of having Keith Partridge hair. 😂
swing on by, ive got shears, i rocked a hawk for years. ahhh fun days.....................