First Thread: β˜•πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ“– Should the Bible Be the Text Book?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 2, 2023
I attended an Evangelical mega church for a good while. There also happened to be folks leading who were from various backgrounds.
I noticed that there were many more opinions on the tools for ministry. They included software, daily devotional books and various guides. Pastors might want consistency and proper doctrine by establishing his own preference. I see a place for various media tools, but with that was a tendency to substitute the devotionals for the raw Word of God. I have a pattern that works for me and that's the Bible daily with insight from the Holy Spirit.
Perhaps there are many opinions on this. Mine is to encourage believers to establish a lifelong routine for daily Bible reading.
John 16:13, Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." I believe it works for you because the Holy Spirit, The Spirit of Truth, is the one who should always be the only one guiding us.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
John 16:13, Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." I believe it works for you because the Holy Spirit, The Spirit of Truth, is the one who should always be the only one guiding us.
Yes, I agree. He sure does. Often He brings verses to my remembrance. If there's a question, and I ask, think a little bit, He often miraculously leads. It amazes me how God guides us unto all truth. Thanks for bringing up the ministry of the Holy Spirit to believers. I love John 16.