FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Earth moon.jpg

Problem is that when we all get up high enough everybody - the Russians, the Chinese, every astronaut - not
just your NASA sees the Earth for what it is: a sphere, an orb.
Just like the Moon, and like Jupiter, and Saturn, etc, etc.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What are some of the long distance records pertaining to the furthest a person can see on earth with an unobstructed view? How many miles?
Exactly, many miles. You got this!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Proverbs 8:27 - When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

Psalm 74:14 - You have established all the boundaries of the earth; You have made summer and winter.

Job 26:10 - "He has inscribed a circle on the surface of the waters At the boundary of light and darkness.

Proverbs 8:29 - When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;

Flat Earth has Antarctica as the boundaries also the firmament encloses as well
Has anyone ever documented that Antarctic is the boundary? So, you are saying that this continent curves around the rest of the countries inside? The shape of Antarctica has been documents for hundreds of years. Your explanation is ludicrous. Apparently, you don't believe this crap either. Oh, that verse in Job has described a round earth. Who's side are you on anyway?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
1529188838380.png

So all those various peoples in their many research stations taking photos and exploring
Antarctica have mapped this continent incorrectly.?
Have you actually been to Antarctica? Like Shackleton, Hillary, Ross, Shirase, Amundsen.
These explorers actually traversed and mapped this frozen continent without any regard to
participating in some fantastical conspiracy to deny a flat Earth.

J

J70x7

View attachment 184062

So all those various peoples in their many research stations taking photos and exploring
Antarctica have mapped this continent incorrectly.?
Have you actually been to Antarctica? Like Shackleton, Hillary, Ross, Shirase, Amundsen.
These explorers actually traversed and mapped this frozen continent without any regard to
participating in some fantastical conspiracy to deny a flat Earth.
What are some of the long distance records pertaining to the furthest a person can see on earth with an unobstructed view? How many miles?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I come from a family of commercial fishermen, merchant marines, sailors, etc. Some made a living following tuna around the world, others did it because of war. None of them ever saw the edge or a ship go over it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
according to this site
https://beyondhorizons.eu/2016/08/03/pic-de-finestrelles-pic-gaspard-ecrins-443-km/

the current record for long-distance landscape photography is 443km.

from the top of Everest you should be able to see ~ 340km in every direction - which isn't the longest line of sight on earth i suspect because for a few hundred miles around the location of Everest all the landscape is relatively high elevation, blocking things further away that might be otherwise visible. the longest lines of sight would be found where you have a very high elevation and an unobstructed view of another peak a great distance away; theoretically ((according to the linked site)) the furthest is from Dankova, Kyrgyzstan to Hindu Tagh, China, which is about 540km -- but as far as the site knows no one has ever taken that photograph.

if the earth were flat there would be no reason i can think of that one couldn't point west a telescope located in Portugal and capture images of the eastern coast of the US, almost 6,000km away.

no such photograph has ever been shown to me, despite 20 years of asking people for one. all i get is photos of city skylines and peaks of mountains over lakes or on humid days, which are all readily explained by well-known atmospheric diffraction phenomena, well within the bounds of what should be possible on a more or less spheroidal earth with a viscous, layered atmosphere of varying density.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
here's a 360" video taken at the top of K2

the furthest peaks visible are probably no more than 200 miles away, but you can look that up for yourself i'm sure.
probably more relevant to this thread is that the camera's lens is not fish-eyed ((evident from the foreground figures being undistorted)) but the horizon ((having a wide field of view)) shows obvious curvature -- consistent with what one should expect on a large, spheroidal planet, and inconsistent with what one would expect on a disc.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Isaiah 40:22He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Job 26:10 He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters
at the boundary between light and darkness.

Prov. 8:27
When he established the heavens, I was there;
when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,...

I'm just wondering if the Word of G-d had any say in this?

itsHarley

Room Moderator
Staff member
May 30, 2017
Time zones might say it all, my fiance and I are of different parts of the earth. 12 hr difference and of course its gonna be 12nn from 12mn on his side.

P

pjharrison

I actually saw a flat earth news article, on my phone, this week... Did not read it but made me think of this thread... I think that is great in a strange, great, abstract way...lol I decided I love our flat earth person... (please do not take offence I do not know your online name but I know you are there) you made me smile.... Thank you... And to all who participate in the flat earth and bring about enjoyment in my small round life...lol ...
Issaiah 40:22 The earth is flat and a circle

P

pjharrison

Isaiah 40:22He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Job 26:10 He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters
at the boundary between light and darkness.

Prov. 8:27
When he established the heavens, I was there;
when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,...

I'm just wondering if the Word of G-d had any say in this?
What do you mean by the word of God?

T

theanointedsinner

is it absolutely true that the earth is not flat?
if so, have we conclude that absolute truth exist?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Issaiah 40:22 The earth is flat and a circle
That verse does not say that the earth was flat but referred to it as a circle. Looking at the earth from the vantage point of space the earth does look like a circle. In other passages of the bible there are corners of the earth mentioned as well. Either the earth is a flat circle or a flat rectangle or square, it cannot be both. In fact, the earth is round. It is not flat.