FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If they’d simply connect all the dots we’d see our earth is a globe.
The more dots that are connected, the more clearly it can be seen that the earth is not a globe. :cool:

Unfortunately, not that many people are willing to put forth the effort to connect the dots. :(

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Better question for them is; how long will it take for them to look for themselves through a telescope? Point it at any random star (except the polar star) and they’d see it’s all moving the same way. Why? because earth is rotating around its own axis. If we watch a star we need to constantly align our telescope or it’s out of view in less then a minut.
Best proof is our moon. It proves creation and no matter from which angle our sun reflects earth’s shadow: it’s always a globe, always.

1 plus 1 equals 2.
Ye but im afraid that one is too easy to dodge. They can claim that earths disk spins under the stars. They wouldn't be able to grasp the longer astrological cycles but.

Im not sure what you mean by the moon proves creation but i understand what your saying about earths shadow... If the earth was a disk it would be projecting an ellipse shadow most of the time.

Why would the world hide such a fact anyway? I struggle to find the motivation behind it...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If the earth was a disk it would be projecting an ellipse shadow most of the time.
What would it be projecting a shadow onto - considering that the sunlight never reaches the edge of the "disk" (it is highly likely that it is a "square") - much less beyond it...???

Why would the world hide such a fact anyway? I struggle to find the motivation behind it...
In order to "hide God"...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
What would it be projecting a shadow onto - considering that the sunlight never reaches the edge of the "disk" (it is highly likely that it is a "square") - much less beyond it...???
Fair point. The only time we would be able to observe that shadow would be during an eclipse, right?

In order to "hide God"...
So if you ask them "why would the world hide such a fact anyway?" They respond by saying "to hide God"?
Because their are countless pilots in the world and many of them are believers in God.
They would all have to be keeping this secret, not a chance...

If anything the flat earth propaganda is made to hide God, maybe thats what u mean. Yes i misunderstood
Everyone is trying to hide God these days, bibles are being burnt in Portland and people are justifying it.
Ye its sad. Theoretical science as worked furiously for over a century to hide God

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I took it to mean that you were declaring yourself to be a flat-earther. :)

Ye sorry i couldn't help myself... Denounced... LoL... I imagined it being one of the flat earth society doctrines when you have swear an oath before the flat earth society committee and thousands of members at a formal function in order to be accepted into the society.

I, William Anthony Thesinger the fourth, hereby formally denounce Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla and everything associated to them.
Everyone applauds and congratulate you before celebrating with a huge feast... Hahahaha... :). I know im silly sometimes

But now my mind is drawn to what u said... The denouncement of God by the world... That makes me sad...:(

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
the picture of the floating disk in space is to throw off the scent and boats like you are brainwashed to maintain the illusion that we are a tiny nothing in a space to make god seem impossible
Please use the "REPLY" button. It's there for a very good reason: so that everyone can see the post to which you are responding and therefore the person to whom you are writing.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Fair point. The only time we would be able to observe that shadow would be during an eclipse, right?
No. The earth never casts a shadow - at least, not from the sun.

(Think about it.)

So if you ask them "why would the world hide such a fact anyway?" They respond by saying "to hide God"?
Because their are countless pilots in the world and many of them are believers in God.
They would all have to be keeping this secret, not a chance...

If anything the flat earth propaganda is made to hide God, maybe thats what u mean. Yes i misunderstood
Everyone is trying to hide God these days, bibles are being burnt in Portland and people are justifying it.
Ye its sad. Theoretical science as worked furiously for over a century to hide God
GPS and auto-pilot keeps most pilots in the dark. Only the most astute pilots might "get a clue" - if they are paying attention...

It is impossible for Flat Earth to "hide God" - it does the exact opposite in the most larger-than-life way possible.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
No. The earth never casts a shadow - at least, not from the sun.
There is a lunar eclipse and a solar eclipse, remember...

total-solar-eclipse-com.png

In a solar eclipse the moon passes between earth and the sun. The result is that the sun gets blocked by the moon and it goes dark

total-lunar-eclipse-blood-moon.png

In a lunar eclipse the earth passed between the moon and the sun. This causes the moon to disappear behind the shadow of earth
If the earth was a disc we would see an ellipse... True? Surely you've seen them both

F

Fundamental

The more dots that are connected, the more clearly it can be seen that the earth is not a globe. :cool:

Unfortunately, not that many people are willing to put forth the effort to connect the dots. :(
Important to connect the right dots. You can not come to a flat earth by your own assumptions. When you use your own logical reasoning, you’d see it’s a globe.
Ye but im afraid that one is too easy to dodge. They can claim that earths disk spins under the stars. They wouldn't be able to grasp the longer astrological cycles but.

Im not sure what you mean by the moon proves creation but i understand what your saying about earths shadow... If the earth was a disk it would be projecting an ellipse shadow most of the time.

The position of our moon proves creation to me. The sun is 400 times bigger then our moon and 400 times further away. Of course this distance is not static and changes during the cycles. But this made it possible for a total solar eclips, which is unique to our earth as for as we know. If our moon was just a slightly bit off, life would be very different.

The world can’t hide a thing like this. Specially not in this times while space is practicly becoming a tourist hot spot. Becoming, not yet....

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
He wasn’t wrong about gravity and he wasn’t wrong about earth rotating the sun. Back then people believed everything rotated around the earth. That earth was the center of the universe.
Newton was wrong about gravity, because he was wrong about the Earth rotating around the sun. People still believe that Earth is the center of the universe. I'm one of them. Remember, Heaven is God's throne, and the Earth His footstool? Did God stop the sun and moon, or the Earth and moon, in Joshua's day? Earth isn't some far-flung tiny planet in the middle of nowhere.

Earth rotates around the sun and not the other way around. If you believe the sun is rotating the earth you denounce Newton.
Newton made an error with heliocentricity. So far as his invention of calculus goes, I think he was on the money. I don't denounce the man - I've no reason to believe he was a charlatan like Einstein. All of us can be wrong, however sincere. You seem sincere, but the Earth isn't a ball.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
There is a lunar eclipse and a solar eclipse, remember...

View attachment 219942

In a solar eclipse the moon passes between earth and the sun. The result is that the sun gets blocked by the moon and it goes dark

View attachment 219943

In a lunar eclipse the earth passed between the moon and the sun. This causes the moon to disappear behind the shadow of earth
If the earth was a disc we would see an ellipse... True? Surely you've seen them both
Your diagrams don't explain a selenelion - a lunar eclipse with both sun and moon visible at the same time. There's quite a bit heliocentricity doesn't explain, but that's ignored because it's the favoured paradigm. Science should be honest.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
In the Flat Earth model, the earth is never between the sun and the moon.

The sun and moon both "circle overhead" the flat surface of the earth.
Your belief is blinding your perception.

Aug 13, 2020
l am new member on this dating site and l am Here Looking for a man of my life and who will love me in all ways and ready I will be glad if you can take a chance and email me as well to text me on this number 9193555235 or add me on hangouts here [email protected]

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
l am new member on this dating site and l am Here Looking for a man of my life and who will love me in all ways and ready I will be glad if you can take a chance and email me as well to text me on this number 9193555235 or add me on hangouts here [email protected]
This is a publicly-viewable site. It's a really bad idea to share such information where it can be used by freaks, creeps, and criminals.

Otherwise, welcome to CC. :)