Food Pics!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And now... in celebration of Sugarfest 2015... (aka, Seoulsearch's Baking Adventure for the weekend)... I present to you, Sugar Bars! Also known as "Festive Fruitcake Bars".

However:

1. Mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty, henceforth, the reason why I'm copying this picture from Ms. Crocker, Betty, herself.

2. Unfortunately, they scored 2 thumbs down :p. I'm one of those nutty people who LOVES fruitcake, but these bars just didn't have much flavor, despite the fact that I even improvised and added a ton of my favorite almond extract.

Oh well, there's always next weekend (it'll take that long for my blood sugar levels to go back to normal anyway.)

Jul 25, 2015
Should I have plated it for the pic? Work was difficult and son is working tonight so dinner was Triscuits and extra sharp cheddar slices. So sad....this is when one of those BFs would have come in handy. 20151019_191748.jpg

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
I would love the recipe please!!!
LiJo - It was really some stuff I just threw together.

For the spinach, I cooked fairly close to the package directions. I just seasoned with S & P. If I am not doing Italian flavors, sometimes I throw in just a tiny pinch of nutmeg (but I digress).

For the sausage - I just used a packaged Italian sausage. This one had cheese in it. It may have been Hillshire Farms, if it was on sale, or maybe something I bought from Trader Joe's. I don't remember. I chopped it up and sauteed in some olive oil.

To the sausage, I then threw in some home-made pizza sauce that I keep handy (recipe below). I'd say use about 1/2 cup for each sausage link, but I don't really measure anything when cooking this way. I then added some wine...maybe 1/4 cup. I used sauv blanc cuz that was handy. After it reduced a bit, I added cream. I dunno...1/3 cup? Don't let it bubble too much, but reduce heat and it will thicken a bit.

Hopefully you kept the spinach warm. If not, nuke in microwave for 15 secs or so. Plate the spinach, then scoop some of the sausage/sauce over it. If ya wanna get really fancy-shmancy, grate some Parmesan cheese over it.

Looking back, this would have been great with crushed red peppers!

Oh - the pizza sauce. Saute 1/2 half onion and 2 cloves garlic in olive oil. Add one 14 oz can tomatoes, one 6 oz can tomato paste. Heat in saucepan. Add up to 1 T sugar, a couple teaspoons dried oregano....then add whatever floats your boat: more oregano, parsley, marjoram, more oregano, crushed red pepper, fennel, more oregano...oh, and wine. Red or white. Heat until it reduces to the consistency you want.

Sometimes I use a can of chunky tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. If a friend gives me tomatoes from a garden, that's even better :) I don't use a recipe and it's always a bit different each time. The above measurements are just estimations. Taste as you go and adjust!

This freezes well. I use this on pizzas, as a base for sauces such as the above, or a base for a cacciatore. I may have even thrown it in a meatloaf once or twice.

Last edited:
M

MissCris

A lasagna mess with deer sausage, garlic, onion, olives, mushrooms, ricotta and Parmesan and fresh French bread. It's pretty good...I picked the sausage out of mine after I took the picture...

image.jpg

Jul 25, 2015
Manicotti....mmm. My secret...nutmeg in the ricotta

20160116_164057.jpg 20160116_164057.jpg

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
^^^

Not only does that look scrumptious, chick, but the plates are absolutely beautiful.

(I have a thing for China patterns, even though I'm more of a Dixie and plastic ware kinda girl at heart.)

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
You can't beat good old steak,egg and chips.

steak-egg-and-chips.jpg

Jul 25, 2015
^^^

Not only does that look scrumptious, chick, but the plates are absolutely beautiful.

(I have a thing for China patterns, even though I'm more of a Dixie and plastic ware kinda girl at heart.)
Thanks SS! I have a thing for china patterns as well. Im a sucker when I find them at flea market type places!!

J

jayelle

11076242_10203840323873959_8043518837533950216_n.jpg

it's FOOD with the family.
for me, FOOD is oftentimes connected with family ;-)

H

Hellooo

I forgot my lunch today. ...it's on my kitchen counter :(

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Pleze don'ts let me ends up Sweet 'n' Sour snacks

Cute-Cats-cats-33440930-1280-800.jpg