Forgiveness - Why do we find it so hard?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chuckt

Forgiveness is not that you have no boundaries. You can forgive someone but if they want to rape you you don't have to drink coffee with them. Still you can pray that they get saved while there is no contact.
Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

My Bible says "accursed" and doesn't say, "forgive". My bible says, "reject" and it doesn't say "forgive".
Reject them to what? The lowest hell. Accursed is anathama. It means you're damned.

If you want to hold to your beliefs, you couldn't follow the above two Bible verses. When you learn these two verses, then you can grasp what I'm telling you.

C

coby

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

My Bible says "accursed" and doesn't say, "forgive". My bible says, "reject" and it doesn't say "forgive".
Reject them to what? The lowest hell. Accursed is anathama. It means you're damned.

If you want to hold to your beliefs, you couldn't follow the above two Bible verses. When you learn these two verses, then you can grasp what I'm telling you.
Yes there's a distinction between sinning unto death and sinning not unto death.
With false teachers I think it's tricky. What's preaching a different gospel? An unrepentant blatant false teacher, but who is that? Someone used this text once because my brother who is just a regular believer believed false teaching and shared it. Ehmm he repented later and saw his error, he was simply mislead.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul[f] from death and cover a multitude of sins.

If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. 1 John 5

C

coby

No. It was love and unforgiveness.
Maybe it's positional forgiveness what we have to do because we don't have the authority to forgive sins so that a person is forgiven by God if he hasn't repented.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2011
The flesh cares about me, myself and I.
+++
Romans 7:21-24
King James Version(KJV)

21.) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22.) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23.) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24.) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Sep 4, 2012
That isn't true.

John 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus said John 20:23 to his disciples. What is a disciple? Am I a disciple? Should I just remit sins to people because I have to forgive them or do I tell people their sins are retained? Telling someone their sins is retained is unforgiveness. If you had to forgive everyone's sins, what you are telling them is that their sins are remitted and that would be lying to them.
You don't have the authority to forgive peoples' sins in heaven, but you do have the authority to forgive them in your heart.

Nov 22, 2015
I love Corrie Ten Boom...thanks for sharing that. I liked how when she realized that the love of God was in her and she started confessing and thanking God she had that..then the real life of Christ in the new creation in her came forth and she was able to forgive from her heart.

I look at forgiveness this way...Total forgiveness is not just in the saying .."Father forgive them"...it's in the " ...for they do not know what they are doing". IOW..."forgive them because this is not what You created them to be"

When you do that, the power of what they did is taken away from you and you become the person you would have been had that offense not come against you. Because when the Blood of Jesus speaks - it speaks of better things then the blood of Abel that cried out for vengeance.

When we see people through the eyes of our Father and Lord, which is seeing them as who they were created to be - it takes away any offense they have done.

Feb 24, 2015
Wow. To meet one of the concentration guards and know how hard it is to forgive such evil, that is Gods love at work in our hearts. What is impossible for us, is possible through the Holy Spirit

Thankyou for sharing this. To go into such a place as the concentration camps is like going into the worst hell on earth and coming out whole on the other side. What a testimony.