Forgotten thread ideas!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Has this been mentioned...to browse through some of the way popular older posts and remake them? I started to and there are some good ones that could be revived, if this is allowed:cool:.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Hello,
I hate to disappoint y'all, but I have had so many great thread ideas since I have been on here but unfortunately you will never get to see them. I will not remember them. Haha!

That was a joke by the way. Hehe!

This will be a bit silly, in that what I'm about to ask. do you ever think of something for a thread starter during work or while driving or somewhere else where you cannot jot it down or otherwise note it somewhere?

If so, what were those ideas? (that was the silly part)

For example, today at work I had a thought about a thread I was going to start, and not about forgotten thread ideas, but I was in the middle of a bunch of other stuff, and now....it's gone!

But then there are times I think of something and think it would be a good idea but then realize it will probably just stir up more controversy than anything else.

I do have a goofy one I may post in the near future.

How bout y'all? What are those forgotten ideas?
Or do you have thoughts about starting a thread but are a bit timid to do so? I can understand that.

So let's hear all those forgotten thoughts! Hehe!:ROFL::ROFL:
Yep, that reminds me of the best topic idea I ever had last year but forgot what it was... No wait, that was yesterday...
Shoot, now I can't even remember what I had for breakfast or if I even remembered to eat breakfast?

Reminds me of my multi-talented daughter who is so passionate about her field of study 'musical theater' that she often times comes up out of the basement with a head-ache because she had forgotten to eat that day...

I knew there was a topic idea in here somewhere ie... "Has anyone ever been so passionate or immersed in an activity/role/responsibility that you ever forgot to eat?" :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Yep, that reminds me of the best topic idea I ever had last year but forgot what it was... No wait, that was yesterday...
Shoot, now I can't even remember what I had for breakfast or if I even remembered to eat breakfast?

Reminds me of my multi-talented daughter who is so passionate about her field of study 'musical theater' that she often times comes up out of the basement with a head-ache because she had forgotten to eat that day...

I knew there was a topic idea in here somewhere ie... "Has anyone ever been so passionate or immersed in an activity/role/responsibility that you ever forgot to eat?" :)
No, but that would be a good thing, lol.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
No, but that would be a good thing, lol.
Oh I have to take that back. I was just thinking of working at the Polls on Election Day, we all are there to serve and sometimes when the lines are long, we totally forget about taking a break. This coming one I'm serving again, my first time for a Presidential election. I'll have my Spiritual armor on for sure(y).

Aug 2, 2009
I had tons. Didn't start them ebcause i swore off making new threads. People accuse you od things you

Yes. When I was into car stereo I would spend hours hooking up amps or speakers or crossovers in my car and would not notice how hungry i was. Also when I used to build model airplanes.

Aug 2, 2009
I had tons. Didn't start them ebcause i swore off making new threads. People accuse you od things you

Yes. When I was into car stereo I would spend hours hooking up amps or speakers or crossovers in my car and would not notice how hungry i was. Also when I used to build model airplanes.
Oh wow that top text isn't supposed to be there lol. I wasn't going to post it but it remained in the reply box since yesterday and i didn't see it when I posted. :rolleyes: It was supposed to say, "People accuse you of things you never meant when posting the topic and then it divulges into an argument with me trying to defend myself against accusastions.."

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019

Hou should start a thread! And now it's typed out so if you forget you can come here for reference...if you can remember that it's here. Haha.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Oh wow that top text isn't supposed to be there lol. I wasn't going to post it but it remained in the reply box since yesterday and i didn't see it when I posted. :rolleyes: It was supposed to say, "People accuse you of things you never meant when posting the topic and then it divulges into an argument with me trying to defend myself against accusastions.."
Sad to hear that happens.

I try to think about that before I post. Will it be a discussion or just an argument.

Aug 2, 2009

I try to think about that before I post. Will it be a discussion or just an argument.
It probably wouldn't happen now. It was a very different time here in the forums. There were a lot more active members and the forum was very busy.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

Or, perhaps, the better question is - for how long will it be [just] a discussion before it turns into an argument?

(haha)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Has this been mentioned...to browse through some of the way popular older posts and remake them? I started to and there are some good ones that could be revived, if this is allowed:cool:.
@TabinRivCA - You always have great ideas for threads, or things to add on to threads... Have you considered writing them yourself? I honestly think you should try out your ideas. You'd be great at it. :)

I have to agree with @zeroturbulence - writing threads takes a very thick skin and a certain amount of risk. No matter what you post, someone is likely to find some kind of fault and will criticize you for it. While I agree that rewriting old threads is a great idea (I've done it with some of my own threads,) you're bound to get some who will say, "That topic already been talked to death -- bor-ing!!!"

Years ago, there were a few times when people suggested thread ideas to me and wanted me to write the threads for them. I'm sure they had good intentions, but what they really wanted was for me to do all the work, then take any heat or blame for their idea while they were able to see their questions answered from a safe distance. Therefore, I no longer ghost-write threads (and even when I did, I would state that it was someone else's idea, even if they wanted to remain anonymous.) I don't want to be a shield for someone else's curiosity - I'll take the fire for my own ideas, but not someone who just wants to leave an idea and try to get another person to do all the work and take all the shots.

@TabinRivCA - I am NOT saying that you are like this at all, I'm just saying, you have all these superb ideas, why not try them out instead of leaving it for someone else? :)

This is a never-ending circle of complaint on the forum -- 1. There's never any new threads, and 2. People talk about the same things over and over again.

But at the same time, I rarely see those same people step up and write any new, never-talked-about-before or "exciting" (according to what they seem to be looking for, at least) threads themselves.

These days, I generally only take thread suggestions from people who have a bit of experience with writing threads themselves, because I want to collaborate with people who have been through the process enough to know how challenging it really can be.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well, there's an old list attached to a notepad of topics i thought about writing about several years ago (I think about the time of the last presidential election actually):

A political savior- are we looking to our political system and leaders to bring about some sort of utopian "kingdom of God" or moral society in which everyone becomes moral and does what they should?

Jesus as a magic pill- about how Christians often say that if you do more Christiany things ( praying, bible reading, getting closer to God) all your very complex real life troubles will somehow magically resolve

How is God relevant- Born of my own struggles to adjust to "normal" life after missionary life.... but living in a prosperous country and having integrated into the basic economic system thereof where we work and spend the money we get from working to provide most of our needs and there's always plenty of stuff..... what is God's role in such a life that is at least one step removed from directly depending on him for daily bread (and other needs).

Stupid things Christians say and what that reveals about what we really believe about God- both the Christian cliches that are unitelligible to the uninitiated and the passing comments that make it sound like we think God does little favors for us (close parking spots, good weather for a party, getting a new CD or DVD you wanted for free, etc.) while doing little about persecution and genocide and similar horrible stuff in other parts of the world.

Have we started idolizing our weakness - Because especially at the church I was in at the time it seemed the common refrain was to say that we were all messed up and all had problems and somehow God was the solution but sure seems like we placed a lot more focus on our weakness and insufficiency than God's strength and sufficiency. And if we're bonding over our weakness, does that then make it something we aren't willing to lose / do we have a place for those who actually find the way out of that weakness through God and have overcome it?

Single heroes of the faith - Can we just acknowledge all the awesome things that have been done for God by people (or by God through people) when they were single - Joseph interpreting dreams and being raised to second in command of the nation, David conquering goliath and many other military exploits, Mary accepting the angel's message that she was going to give birth to Jesus, etc.

What does growth / maturity look like? How do you know when you or others are growing in faith and your Christian walk?

If we believe our bodies are the temple of the holy spirit, why is unhealthy food so prominent in churches (Sunday morning snacks and pot lucks)?

What are singles unique ministry needs and how can churches better serve singles? What do singles really want from churches?

And since I doubt I'm going to write any of these, if anyone wants to have a go at it, go for it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm tempted to go down the list and give an answer to each of those topics in turn... but that would be a prodigious derail.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I'm tempted to go down the list and give an answer to each of those topics in turn... but that would be a prodigious derail.
That's not how this thread works. You should be tempted to go down the list and write a thread for each of those topics (or inspired by each of those topics). We're only interested in good discussion starting threads here, not answers :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Thinking of making a thread for each of those just made me tired. I'm gonna go take a nap now.

Aug 2, 2009
@TabinRivCA - You always have great ideas for threads, or things to add on to threads... Have you considered writing them yourself? I honestly think you should try out your ideas. You'd be great at it. :)

I have to agree with @zeroturbulence - writing threads takes a very thick skin and a certain amount of risk. No matter what you post, someone is likely to find some kind of fault and will criticize you for it. While I agree that rewriting old threads is a great idea (I've done it with some of my own threads,) you're bound to get some who will say, "That topic already been talked to death -- bor-ing!!!"

Years ago, there were a few times when people suggested thread ideas to me and wanted me to write the threads for them. I'm sure they had good intentions, but what they really wanted was for me to do all the work, then take any heat or blame for their idea while they were able to see their questions answered from a safe distance. Therefore, I no longer ghost-write threads (and even when I did, I would state that it was someone else's idea, even if they wanted to remain anonymous.) I don't want to be a shield for someone else's curiosity - I'll take the fire for my own ideas, but not someone who just wants to leave an idea and try to get another person to do all the work and take all the shots.

@TabinRivCA - I am NOT saying that you are like this at all, I'm just saying, you have all these superb ideas, why not try them out instead of leaving it for someone else? :)

This is a never-ending circle of complaint on the forum -- 1. There's never any new threads, and 2. People talk about the same things over and over again.

But at the same time, I rarely see those same people step up and write any new, never-talked-about-before or "exciting" (according to what they seem to be looking for, at least) threads themselves.

These days, I generally only take thread suggestions from people who have a bit of experience with writing threads themselves, because I want to collaborate with people who have been through the process enough to know how challenging it really can be.
Yes! That's why now I only post nonsense threads like "What's your favorite candy?" :geek:

And you know what else doesn't happen anymore? Thread derailing. It used to be so much fun when people did that! :giggle:

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
For me I wouldn’t say forgot but I’m hesitating on a idea, because I thought a “Post what you look like” thread might be really fun in the singles fourm, but then you have the notion on how anyone can see what is posted on here, and now I’m not sure, I’m not afraid to post a photo of myself, I just don’t want to start the thread and people getting worried on the “What if people search up this website and find me” type of worries.
Privacy is important. The photo I post doesn't appear anywhere else on the web. If you did a google image search it would probably say "girl most likely to show up at your door with a loaf of banana bread", lol.