fruit and vegetables

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wevcles

May 27, 2011
I want tell, sure so some know it, fruit and vegetables eat separat. Fruit need longer for digestion as fruits.
If you eat both together, then fermentation occurs because fruit needs longer for digestion.
A friendly Note from me.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
i had no idea, a peach and a lettuce salad and I will get inebriated?

S

Sherril

yes we have heard that before my husband and I about having the 2 together, I have mixed them for years and did not even know about eating them at the same siting that is can cause tummy issues.

C

CandieM

News to me. No more tomatoes in my salad? Maybe I should try it to see what happens. So, I think bell peppers and onions are OK, at least? And there's always cucumbers.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Yes, I make a fruit salad and a veg salad separately and add necessary toppings to make I tasty.

Wevcles

May 27, 2011
This is very good. I want say or write here: Melon is dont a fruit, it is a vegetables, because its belong to the Family the cucurbits.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
good thing, we are surrounded by melons at just this time of the season!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The OP is incorrect. Protein takes longer to digest than vegetables, fat takes longer to process than sugars. God didn't give us food discretely separated by digestion time.

Our bodies are quite able to process the foods we eat... in combination. What we call "fruits" and "vegetables" is all mixed anyway. Many so-called "vegetables" are actually fruits - tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squashes: all technically "fruit".

I'm certainly not going to pick the bits of spinach out of my pasta sauce to eat separately from the pureed tomato and pepper chunks.

Spiral2

Jul 25, 2018
England
I want tell, sure so some know it, fruit and vegetables eat separat. Fruit need longer for digestion as fruits.
If you eat both together, then fermentation occurs because fruit needs longer for digestion.
A friendly Note from me.
Oh.. so I need to stop putting sliced apple in my salad or raisins on my coleslaw?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Oh man, I don't even... lol

You do NOT need to eat fruit and veggies separately. I usually don't eat them together anyway, since one is fruit and the other is veggie. LOL

Some foods can't even be digested. They just get pooped back out entirely. Corn, celery, coconut..

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Oh man, I don't even... lol

You do NOT need to eat fruit and veggies separately. I usually don't eat them together anyway, since one is fruit and the other is veggie. LOL

Some foods can't even be digested. They just get pooped back out entirely. Corn, celery, coconut..
That's why I don't eat them.

Feb 28, 2016
truly,
this subject is subject to 'individual' digestive tracts and self respect -

one must, if they really 'care', find out what can bring them into a 'real' remedy
to maintain a healthy body=temple=priority...
prayer is essential'...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I beg to differ. NO ONE'S digestive tract can digest certain foods, such as the ones I mentioned previously. I know, because I've seen them in their entirety in my stool.. lol

Nov 26, 2012
Fruit actually leaves the stomach fastest. Fructose gets processed in the liver, converting it to glucose. This process takes longer and is why it is lower on the glecemic index. Veggies take longer because often contains more cellulose, requiring a longer digestive period in the stomach.

Feb 28, 2016
last time I-he looked, hub's stool didn't have any 'corn-celery-coconut' -
butt, on the other hand, they are there for me,
also, chia seeds and tomato skins ... :)

chew-chew-chew!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh.. so I need to stop putting sliced apple in my salad or raisins on my coleslaw?
Definitely lose the raisins in the coleslaw. The sliced apple might work but instead of slicing it, dice it.