Galatian Conundrums

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I was asking you a very simple question. Did peter preach the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus during the 4 gospels? It’s a simple yes or no question.
What's the meaning of this sign?
What is the gospel it teaches?
Who is the Messiah it instructs of, and what work of His does it represent?

Luke 7:11-16
Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry." Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother. They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people."

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You are saying all those additional points, not me. But thanks for confirming to me your intentions. Cheers.
What?
You have nothing to teach?
You don't see any gospel in these things at all?

L

Locoponydirtman

I was asking you a very simple question. Did peter preach the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus during the 4 gospels? It’s a simple yes or no question.
You can't even lie very well.
But during Luke 9:6?
Is what you asked. Which isn't even a complete sentence! It was left to me to fill in the blank.
I answered what was preached in Luke 9:6; which is that the kingdom of Heaven is at hand because the Messiah is here to save his people.

No wonder you twist the Gospel you can't even speak that you don't twist your own words

L

Locoponydirtman

The flood and the ark, the Passover and the Red Sea, the wilderness and the Promised Land, exile and return, war and peace, kingdom and kings, prophets and priests, the temple, its sacrifices, and its rituals, wisdom in death and in life, songs of lament and rejoicing, the lives of faithful sufferers and the blood of righteous martyrs — the Old Testament is an extraordinary testimony to Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection.

L

Locoponydirtman

What do you believe the 2 gospels are?

Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad." So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
John 8:56‭-‬58 ESV
Exactly.

Jan 12, 2019

Is what you asked. Which isn't even a complete sentence! It was left to me to fill in the blank.
I answered what was preached in Luke 9:6; which is that the kingdom of Heaven is at hand because the Messiah is here to save his people.

No wonder you twist the Gospel you can't even speak that you don't twist your own words
A simple no would suffice, without all the accompanying accusations. Thanks for clarifying that peter was not preaching that.

Jan 12, 2019

You entered the discussion I was earlier having with absolutely when we were discussing this exact topic.

If you had entered randomly with no idea what the topic was about, then I understand the confusion you had about my question to you.

7seasrekeyed

The good news is Jesus, and that He is the way the truth and the life, that faith in Him is counted as righteousness.

Galatians 3:8
The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “A ll the nations will be blessed in you .”
Galatians 3:8 NASB

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.
Romans 3:1‭-‬2 NASB

The different ways the message was delivered does not change the message.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."
Romans 1:16‭-‬17 ESV
that is really the only answer for these 2 gospel false teachers

but I am wondering how much longer this is going to continue

the 2 gospel false gospel can be confusing to those who are new Christians and damaging to those who do not study and just let others do it for them

7seasrekeyed

I see you apply your thoughts projected on to me as my beliefs. Hmm, maybe ask huh? Or maybe you are not trying to have an honest conversation?

No, Pater has a vision he did not understand, when the spirit revealed it's meaning he obeyed.

Agaist what law? I see you don't know the word as well as you project. There is no such law in the old testament. It is pharisee law, that all the disciples lived under their entire life. The same pharisee law Jesus spoke against... and yes old habits are hard to break, yet the bottom line is when Pater was prompted by the spirit he obeyed the spirit not man made customs. and yes Peter, just like every man is not perfect and did sin. This does not make him not a pillar, his name is on the foundation of the kingdom.

I see you must have been there to wittness the conversion of evey gentile... Hmm, I think Acts 15 talked about this... maybe they had certian restrictions because some gentiles did not have the fulness of the holy Spirit.... each person is a differnt case when it comes to how and when God changes them...

Also why did you not speak on the verses I posted that disproved your stance but rather made it about thought you projected on to me? Honestly and respectfully, I say it should not be like that if we are having an real conversation.

oh really?

another one trying to say people are projecting?

pop psychology and not very good at it either

you a member of op's boys club?

7seasrekeyed

So men can make their own laws? wow.

SO then find the "law" spoken if from Acts 10:28 in the actual old testament law. You will not be able to because it does not exist. It is man made law.

The holy spirit guided them t those basic rules to ebter a place of worship, all of them can be found in the old testament.

Dividing the spoils huh? I disagree.

1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. I am telling you the truth. I am not lying."

Galatians 2:7-8, “In fact, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised. For the one who worked through Peter by making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me by sending me to the Gentiles.”

Peter sent to gentiles:

Acts 15:6-7, “So the apostles and the elders met to consider this statement. After a lengthy debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God chose me to be the one among you through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the gospel and believe."

(Peter preaching to gentiles shown in Acts 10) and no none of them were only to Jews or even only to Israelites: All disciples sent to all people:

Matthew 28:19-20, " 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

it would be beneficial for you to learn how to use the quote feature

or different colored font for who said what

people are not going to read your posts as they are confusing to say the least

7seasrekeyed

"eternally-gratefull, post: 4026304, member: 82611"]You see here is the disconnect, and why people get so frustrated.

As many have said, even myself, we believe that god sent two people to two groups with the same message, the message of grace.

But according to this poster, when we do this, we are...Well in his own words

Well, it`s too bad you missed the various posts that have the scripture and contention in them. They are lost now, obscured by all the meaningless attacks, accusations and ridicule.

Sadly we are getting many of these types,

Maybe you can explain to him what the 1 gospel is, he will not listen to others.

right

and it isn't just the false gospel he is preaching, it is also the smary way he responds and actually lies because he has been the one attacking and accusing and ridiculing...just like the above shows

somone needs to go back and read how nasty he is and not just in this thread either

his general approach is condescending and he ignores whatever scripture a person posts and then tells them they did not post any scripture

and now we have also found out he does not believe women should be participating

and you are right. way too many like him..it's an open platform and they can get away with what no one would allow in an actual church where the gospel is preached

he is one of those guys Paul spoke about who go from house to house and ensnare people

7seasrekeyed

A simple no would suffice, without all the accompanying accusations. Thanks for clarifying that peter was not preaching that.

how about a simple no to your false gospel?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Logical fallacies only go so far though...Our walk isn't "purely" based on logic. Although I do appreciate learning a very simple way to summarize that particular event so ty. Certainly something to bear in mind.

That's part of the issue I have with Apologetics but that's another discussion :p
I agree; our walk should not be based on logic, but rather on faith. Logic is a tool to defend the faith, and to point out flaws in the reasoning of others with whom we disagree.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
That`s a pretty good answer.

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.
Wow! Verse 8 there from Zachariah 13, hit me like a ton of bricks of sadness man!

Inasmuch as it gave to me a more definitive number concerning the "many, on that day" that Christ shall turn away! :cry:

In trying to help believers in (for lack of a better descriptive term here), "crossing over" into the presence of He who sent Jesus Christ of Nazareth directly, as such as what occurs when/after one has been confessed to He who sent Jesus Christ, as opposed to one's "asking of the Father in My NAME?" Of the which? Asking for that which is "needed" be done, or said, or acted upon, or, overcoming, in one's "securing" the First Resurrection.
It should be well considered, that He who gave such a "gift" of salvation by grace through faith, can just as easily "take away" said gift. Yea! Even the "gift" of the Holy Spirit.
Or? By means of "strong delusion?" Cause a "redirecting" to believing a lie!

7seasrekeyed

Ok, thx for taking the time to repost. At the time you put this up I was tired and annoyed by the unreasonable remarks in the deluge of trashy messages several members of this board were putting up. There was no effort to engage in what could have an interesting back and forth discussion.

This passage here illustrates my point. I`m a big fan of the epistles and have put more work into studying them then any other part of the Bible. If you took the time to read my original posts you would see that I acknowledged the one everlasting gospel (Rev 14:6) before I even began discussing the two gospel concept seen in Galatians and a few other places.

In a reasonable discussion I would have quickly come out and said the difference is the lifestyle of the Jewish churches vs lifestyle in Gentile churches and both are saved by faith in the same way.

All these claims that the Jewish churches of the 12 didn`t continue in the Law of Moses is just unreasonable. If you were a Jew in those days you did the Moses thing, you lived in a Theocracy, you would be ostracized if not killed if you abandoned it.

The scriptures I posted should have been enough to settle the argument and I had plenty more because Paul had quite a bit to say about the circumcision crowd. But I have no reason to put them up since you guys would just rant some more.

It`s naive and it isn`t historical for you to think that you disproved what I was trying to tell you. The facts both Biblical and historical back me up not you.

the above is absurd and full of excuses and manipulation

what do we have?

we have : if this was a resonable discussion THEN I would have said it was all about lifestyles

I am reasonable and you are not. I already told you that WIKI says that ALL Messianics actually also follow the law and we all know that wiki is the only reasonable place to go for information on current culture and religion

I posted scriptures that were so final and authoritative, because I posted them, that the rest of you should have shut the hee haw up

you are naive and lack historical reference and I know that because you did not agree with me

that is the actual response the op gives to the scripture he says I did not post...but I referenced it 3 times and finally he comes back with the above gobble de gook. first he denied I ever posted scripture then when it is plain I did, after 3 times posting about and finally reposting the scripture with my comments, he begrudgingly admits I did post it by denying it means anything

just how big is this ego we are dealing with here?

it's all about him.

it is not about Jesus and certainly not about the Bible

nope

it's about WIKI, his authority and false accusations

yet, we find this in the book of Acts and you do not have to read very far:

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth Acts 1:8

those are the words of Christ as recorded by Luke, indicating Jesus told the JEWISH disciples they would be witnesses TO Jesus or OF Jesus (in our vernacular) to the uttermost part of the earth.

this alone disproves the 2 gospel dance routine but the op and several others deny this and continue to falsely proclaim two gospels

you might as well just deny Jesus and get it over with :rolleyes:

and for the record, I am not directly responding to the op because his smarmy, condescending responses are indicative of a very dismissive person who thinks so highly of himself that he will ignore or post ad hominum responses, hoping to draw people into a personal fight rather than deal with the actual scritpure he is presented with

I wrote the above to further draw attention to the deception and disingenuous nature with the op has been contrived

7seasrekeyed

^ I've always found it curious that Acts 1:8 uses the "both-and"... but that's just me. :D
I would understand that to mean that salvation had come to the Jews...there long awaited Messiah...and the Holy Spirit descended to believers in Jerusalem and actually, that would be the 'birthplace' of Christianity

when persecution came to the church (after it had quickly expanded), the gospel then went out into the world as believers dispersed in response to the persecution

so we then have the both...in and out into the world

Jesus knew what would happen and prophecied the events before ascending

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
It was Peter who argued for release of Gentiles from the Law. Imagine the hardness of the issue for other followers of Jesus all Law keepers.
YES .....After the fact. After Jesus Himself, came to Peter showing Him the error of His ways.
There are two parts to this story. One was Peter before the revelation Jesus brought to him. Two was Peter after the revelation Jesus brought to him.
Again ,for what its worth, Peter, before his vision , was a hindrance to many Jews because of his view of the law when compare to being saved by grace.