Gamers unite!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
The only video game that I have ever played was Pong way back in the day.
Which was actually a stolen idea. I will have to look for the video but I watched it on the history of Pong and the idea was stolen from someone but eventually they got there Revenge in a way with the light up handheld game Simon Says lol. There is something called "The Brown Box" look into if you got time.

O

Oblio

I remember Pong...what a stupid game!

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I like 2D games occasionally so that I may look into since I have a PS1, especially since that means the graphics will be well within system capabilities to not irritate me. PS1 just gets SOOO annoying with how expensive disks are and how easy they get scratched/don't read. I'm thinking about trying a solder myself on one of the fat models so I can use backup disks to protect originals but the last one I "bought" on ebay (granted for only 14.99) didn't ever ship. Normally they are at least 2-3x that so I took a risk but usually it works out. I'm hesitant because I haven't ever done it before and messing up a system and then paying someone to do it...means I probably won't ever get it done lol.

Stupid annoying to have what is probably the housing or something internal scratching the disk or even the cases. I've rebought a few disks several times over the years. Granted I sold them when they had minor scratching and the tiniest of skips but so long as it boots, minus maybe the resurfacing fee...you'll still get what good condition would be. Sometimes it's even the same.

The whole buying/reselling concept has gotten a bit old to me though clearly.

/end rant.

Maybe a PC version would fix that problem lol. The only other game I play on a PC offline is called "Loderunner: the mad monk's revenge" or some such. It's pretty diverting every so often. Essentially they are all mazes/puzzles because you have to use strategy and it does get pretty difficult. I had to guide a few of them...alas.

Most games I avoid guides as much as is reasonable, but when you've done it 20x...you know...
Just to let you know the og Rayman is stupid hard. The PC release had alot of cheat codes so thats how I managed with that. Upon getting the ps1 version I was disappointed to find only one or two cheat codes that required ridiculously difficult button combos and it wasnt that helpful.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Just to let you know the og Rayman is stupid hard. The PC release had alot of cheat codes so thats how I managed with that. Upon getting the ps1 version I was disappointed to find only one or two cheat codes that required ridiculously difficult button combos and it wasnt that helpful.
Hmm, that changes things a bit. Games aren't difficult much these days so it's hard to give a good gauge on what I'd find "too hard". Batman for the NES was "too hard" for sure. Absurdly difficult without a guide of some kind. That's on a list somewhere. I had it as a child and it was our least favorite game (for good reason come to find out).

Megaman for the NES is "pretty hard" but you can at least progress...though beating the game is quite difficult and it isn't very forgiving.

SMB the Lost levels same thing. I'm above average at Mario though...I eventually got tired of figuring it out but I suppose you could almost term that "too hard".

Have you played either of those 3 for comparison?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Edit: I meant Mega Man 2...from what I'm reading, Mega man 1 is more difficult. Idk, they all seem difficult.

Irrelevant really :p

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Edit: I meant Mega Man 2...from what I'm reading, Mega man 1 is more difficult. Idk, they all seem difficult.

Irrelevant really :p
Yeah pretty much all early Megaman and Megaman X games are difficult. The only exception was the Legends series and Megaman 64. Megaman Legends 2 is a bit difficult at times but its not a 2d sidescroller so I cant really compare the two. I haven't played the og SMB in a very long time. I liked 3 and world better tbh

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
They were hard back then because that was all we had. We didn't have stunning visuals and deep story lines. All we had was our pride in beating the game. They had to be hard because mastering a difficult game was the only enjoyment we could get out of it.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah pretty much all early Megaman and Megaman X games are difficult. The only exception was the Legends series and Megaman 64. Megaman Legends 2 is a bit difficult at times but its not a 2d sidescroller so I cant really compare the two. I haven't played the og SMB in a very long time. I liked 3 and world better tbh
SMB the lost levels (officially it was 2 in Japan) wasn't ever released in the U.S. It's like some of the super mario maker "crazy stuff" you see with poisonous mushrooms, plants that don't ever go down, squids with no water (I think)...SMB 3 was fun playing in college, tried it in the last year and it was pretty dull for some reason. I do recall that I didn't "quite" beat it but was on the last 3 or so lvls. It's REALLY long as far as NES games go.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
SMB the lost levels (officially it was 2 in Japan) wasn't ever released in the U.S. It's like some of the super mario maker "crazy stuff" you see with poisonous mushrooms, plants that don't ever go down, squids with no water (I think)...SMB 3 was fun playing in college, tried it in the last year and it was pretty dull for some reason. I do recall that I didn't "quite" beat it but was on the last 3 or so lvls. It's REALLY long as far as NES games go.
Yeah, it is a very long game. Tbh im still surprised the NES is capable of running it lol

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, it is a very long game. Tbh im still surprised the NES is capable of running it lol
They rigged it, it's really a SNES game with a different body ;)

Now that I think about it, the only thing I can think of are the levels are really short perhaps?

but really they aren't compared to SMB1 *shrugs*

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I had Super Mario 3 down to a science. Go through the whole first level, get the hidden warp whistle in the castle in the middle, go through the whole second level, get the hidden part of the map at the bottom right, use two warp whistles to get to the last world, use a P-Wing to get through the tank and airship levels, swim under the whole boat level...

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I had Super Mario 3 down to a science. Go through the whole first level, get the hidden warp whistle in the castle in the middle, go through the whole second level, get the hidden part of the map at the bottom right, use two warp whistles to get to the last world, use a P-Wing to get through the tank and airship levels, swim under the whole boat level...
Yeah the secret whistles. Tbh they weren't that secret. I blame "The Wizard" lol. I think we had a guide book too 🤔. We had a game genie I know that.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
They rigged it, it's really a SNES game with a different body ;)

Now that I think about it, the only thing I can think of are the levels are really short perhaps?

but really they aren't compared to SMB1 *shrugs*
Its possible. I believe the Snes came out around the same time 🤔

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Slowly building a Japanese ps2 collection
20220124_133258.jpg

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Thought I'd share this for V Day🤔 not super sure about this. I've played all the games here except for 7 infinite Undiscovery. I think Zidanes and Dagger need a higher spot. FB_IMG_1644902875628.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So many FF couples here, but no mention of Cloud and Tifa? Really?! :p

(What? Aeris? Aeris died. There is no way to bring her back. Get over it. Cloud + Tifa 4 ever.)

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
So many FF couples here, but no mention of Cloud and Tifa? Really?! :p

(What? Aeris? Aeris died. There is no way to bring her back. Get over it. Cloud + Tifa 4 ever.)
Yeah, they didn't branch out to far. Mostly JRPGs

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Thought I'd share this for V Day🤔 not super sure about this. I've played all the games here except for 7 infinite Undiscovery. I think Zidanes and Dagger need a higher spot. View attachment 236410

I'm familiar with and have beaten all of these games appart from #7 and #3 I believe.

I quit playing games appart from chess but I really enjoyed jrpgs and lots of other games really until my early 20s.

I do also occasionally still play pokemon with my nephew on showdown 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️...

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I'm familiar with and have beaten all of these games appart from #7 and #3 I believe.

I quit playing games appart from chess but I really enjoyed jrpgs and lots of other games really until my early 20s.

I do also occasionally still play pokemon with my nephew on showdown 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️...
Emil and Marta are from the Tales of Symphonia sequel. It's rather obscure compared to the others as the rest are much more mainstream. I play Pokemon as well. I'm hoping to get Pokemon Arceus as it's an open world game.