Genesis, sons of God, nephilim, and Giants

• Thread starter Locoponydirtman
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just listen to yourself. When the angels fell and became demons they are still spirits. Why would scripture still refer to them as sons of God. When they rebelled, they gave up that identity. Flesh and spirits can't mix. Besides, God wouldn't let them. They must still operate within the boundaries set by God. :cool:
Hold on, what do other translations say? Maybe go back to the hebrew to find out what it says in that verse? But why would they who rebelled not try to mix, otherwise, what was the temptation of Eve all about. Also would you not agree that fallen angels try to seduce women. Even in the spirit realm.

When you say spirit and flesh cant mix, well thats right becuase they each oppose each other, but throughout history isnt that the whole battle? Dont demons try to get in peoples bodies VIA sexual immorality?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Hold on, what do other translations say? Maybe go back to the hebrew to find out what it says in that verse? But why would they who rebelled not try to mix, otherwise, what was the temptation of Eve all about. Also would you not agree that fallen angels try to seduce women. Even in the spirit realm.

When you say spirit and flesh cant mix, well thats right becuase they each oppose each other, but throughout history isnt that the whole battle? Dont demons try to get in peoples bodies VIA sexual immorality?
Yes, they do lead us to perversion through promiscuity but they use other humans in the process. I am saying we detract from God's power if we think that angelic beings can mix with flesh to produce offspring. My God won't let them. All the demons are against what God is doing with mankind and try to get us to stumble. :cool:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yes, they do lead us to perversion through promiscuity but they use other humans in the process. I am saying we detract from God's power if we think that angelic beings can mix with flesh to produce offspring. My God won't let them. All the demons are against what God is doing with mankind and try to get us to stumble. :cool:
Isnt this why there was a big flood? So they couldnt have further offspring?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Let me restate this:

I am saying we detract from God's power if we think that angelic beings can mix with flesh to produce offspring. My God won't let them. Defense rests. :cool:
And I will just say you dont think Gods flood was His mighty power?!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
So...God rained down fire and brimstone to destroy two wicked cities...given to sexual immorality
And he caused a great flood, because everyone was wicked...to basically stop this, and you saying We detract from Gods power???
Plus...when Jesus says to some mockers you are of your father the devil...you dont think the devil has offspring???

What? Am I hearing correctly.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Fun Fact:

Goliath was at least a FOOT AND A HALF taller than Andre the Giant.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
This is why:

"Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. " (Genesis 6:11-13)

Not because of some mythological angel/human hybrids.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Lanolin said:
This is why:
"Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. " (Genesis 6:11-13)

Not because of some mythological angel/human hybrids.
Agreed. (y)

"...for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah..."

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Why would God create tens of thousands of angels, all at once.
Why not?

Maybe they reproduce in a different way, for example, like plants, not all of them reproduce by sexual reproduction.
There isn't a single example in scripture, vague or otherwise, that even hints angels reproduce. No angel male reproductive organs created, no female angels, no baby angels, no "maybe they reproduce like plants" - nothing, zero, nada.

If speculation were proof, one could say a giant pink elephant produces angels by snorting them out of it's snout.

Why would satan have spiritual seed and his descendeants are unsaved
Did you even read the biblical text? If you are correct, then when Jesus said to those Jews "your father is the devil" - by your reasoning - Satan would have to have been their physical father through sexual reproduction.

Jesus obviously meant Satan was their "spiritual" father.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Let me restate this:

I am saying we detract from God's power if we think that angelic beings can mix with flesh to produce offspring. My God won't let them. Defense rests. :cool:
Opinion, or do you have Scripture to back this up?

Who are the “sons of God ” in Job 38?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Why not?

There isn't a single example in scripture, vague or otherwise, that even hints angels reproduce. No angel male reproductive organs created, no female angels, no baby angels, no "maybe they reproduce like plants" - nothing, zero, nada.

If speculation were proof, one could say a giant pink elephant produces angels by snorting them out of it's snout.

Did you even read the biblical text? If you are correct, then when Jesus said to those Jews "your father is the devil" - by your reasoning - Satan would have to have been their physical father through sexual reproduction.

Jesus obviously meant Satan was their "spiritual" father.
I am not saying he was not their spiritual father but influences them through sexual immorality...which is physical and of the flesh. Those jews claimed they are not children of fornication...but, how do we we know that. Many firstborn sons actually are results of fornication when the parents claim or try to pretend they arent. Eg Ishmael.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I believe you arent getting that the fallen angels want to reproduce via sexual reproduction and influence humans in the wrong way to do this so they can get into their bodies.

This is how the devils seed multiplies.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Stumbled across this guy's video. I don't know much about him, or his other beliefs, but man, is this a great explanation on this issue.

It has even caused me to rethink the hybrid aspect of the Fallen angel - human women mating:

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
I believe you arent getting that the fallen angels want to reproduce via sexual reproduction

By possessing human men, or somehow creating sexual organs and sperm by themselves?

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Stumbled across this guy's video. I don't know much about him, or his other beliefs, but man, is this a great explanation on this issue.

It has even caused me to rethink the hybrid aspect of the Fallen angel - human women mating:

The Raw News is the same bunch that pushes the idea of the "black-eyed children", space aliens living among us, HAARP is controlling our minds, we never went to the moon, our planet reverses rotation, etc.

Conspiracy craziness.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I am saying we detract from God's power if we think that angelic beings can mix with flesh to produce offspring. My God won't let them. Defense rests.
Your defense does not rest, since the Bible clearly reveals that God ALLOWED this to happen, but also imprisoned those angels. God ALLOWED Lucifer and his evil angels to to rebel. God ALLOWED Adam and Eve to sin. None of that had any relation to detracting from God's power.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The Raw News is the same bunch that pushes the idea of the "black-eyed children", space aliens living among us, HAARP is controlling our minds, we never went to the moon, our planet reverses rotation, etc.

Conspiracy craziness.
Well, I think I said I wasn't sure about anything else about them. And I'm not sure they are wrong about the stuff you said, but either way, they break down THIS issue rather well in this video.

There was a specific sin that led to the global destruction of the world by the Flood.

If the type of sins saved and unsaved commit today, and throughout history, leads to God needing to wipe the slate clean, we ALLLL better start building an ark!

No. The sin God must destroy the world for, and will again via fire, is the tampering of His Creation. The mixing of species, especially the species He says is in HIS likeness.

I use to think this was a "meh" issue. I still don't think it is possible for the Elect to be deceived and become transhumanist, or DNA altered, or whatever other form the anti - christ and satan use to corrupt God's Creation AGAIN, but the more that are aware of what is going on TODAY in these regards, the better equipped we will be to deal with it, and continue to effectively spread the Gospel.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
As this issue comes up more and more, I'm pleasantly surprised to see a good chunk of people understand Genesis 6 is talking about fallen angels, just like the early Church, historians like Josephus, the Lord's brother Jude, Job, the entire ancient secular world, copies of the Septuagint, and Apochryphal, Biblically referenced Books all do as well.

I think it's kinda like being a Trump supporter. There are a whole lot, but they don't want to be ostracized, and put down by others, so they are basically silent.