George Bush Senior dies at the age of 94

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Accused of hate even?

Okay, yes I am more done
I apologize for using the word hate. It assumes that I know the hearts of others and that is hypocrisy on my part since my point was that no one knows his heart. Truly, I was out of line using the word hate. I'll step away now from the debate. God Bless you and yours, Sister.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I am not happy that a man has died who most likely was on the wrong side of the line and was somehow deluded that he was serving the light.

I am also saddened that people fall into believing that some high profile people are professing light, but it is not the ONE TRUE LIGHT of the world but a counterfeit.
I'm not sure where you are getting he was "somehow deluded that he was serving the light", he probably thought he was serving his country. I don't know much about his personal "religion".

"I am also saddened that people fall into believing that some high profile people are professing light"

I haven't got that impression from the thread, although I haven't paid close attention to some of the links given.

Jul 21, 2018
Fair enough response. Thank you for at least considering. Just because I perceive it to be hateful doesn't mean it is. < that is not sarcastic, just acknowledgement that my perceptions are not always right. Dang it, lol. God Bless you and yours.
lol Don't worry, my percetions aren't always right either. Again, you're a sweetheart, thank you for actually reading and responding to my points.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
George H.W. Bush will be buried in statement socks, a 'tribute to his lifetime of service'
1543894676578.png
That is, Bush’s bold, colorful, frequently patterned sock choices showed that, despite an attention to traditional norms and values, the late president sought to add a dash of his own personality and joy into even the most staid of occasions.
The late president dressed as he will be remembered: classic, traditional, warm, tasteful, gracious, and secure enough in his background, accomplishments, and identity to let his sense of humor show.

Jul 21, 2018
I'm simply referring to her advice on taking it elsewhere bro, that is the advice I'm referring to.

Now if you want to be in a hissy fit over her using the word "hating" in reference to your behavior then you're just being a tad callow and appear butt hurt over it.
If someone is wrongfully accused of hatred, it is "throwing a hissy fit" if they explain, in a non-emotional way, why it isn't hating to correct an error? I mean, she and I are actually communicating beautifully since then. She even acknowledged and apologized for it. She is a grown woman, more than capable of speaking for herself.

U

UnderGrace

I'm not sure where you are getting he was "somehow deluded that he was serving the light", he probably thought he was serving his country. I don't know much about his personal "religion".

"I am also saddened that people fall into believing that some high profile people are professing light"

I haven't got that impression from the thread, although I haven't paid close attention to some of the links given.
Sorry Locutus obviously things are not open for discussion, I thought this was a news thread, but apparently not, is a thread of raising up and admiring only. So I guess I misunderstood this?

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Au revoir.:coffee::)

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
At Capitol, Bush saluted as 'gentle soul,' 'great man'
https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-pay-respects-bid-farewell-george-h-w-063718230--politics.html

In an invocation opening Monday evening's ceremony, the U.S. House chaplain, the Rev. Patrick J Conroy, praised Bush's commitment to public service, from Navy pilot to congressman, U.N. ambassador, envoy to China and then CIA director before being elected vice president and then president.

"Here lies a great man," said Rep. Paul Ryan, the House speaker, and "a gentle soul. ... His legacy is grace perfected."

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Sorry Locutus obviously things are not open for discussion, I thought this was a news thread, but apparently not, is a thread of raising up and admiring only. So I guess I misunderstood this?

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Au revoir.:coffee::)
It is open for discussion - I just get the impression that you think he was trying to be or someone was thinking he was Pastor In Chief rather a President - I could be wrong.

Au reservoir yer self BigSmile.gif

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
WATCH: George HW Bush to lie in state; funeral plans, legacy and a look back at his life
https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-george-hw-bush-lie-173221320.html

The Photo of George H.W. Bush and His Son George That Paul Ryan Couldn't Forget
1543925285123.png
At George H.W. Bush's memorial service in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda-one of three services to come this week-Vice President Mike Pence, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker Paul Ryan all gave remarks. In the latter's speech, one touching detail stood out.

Ryan began recounting images of the late president that stood out in his memory. "There’s that indelible image of him as commander in chief during the gulf war, waving to a sea of troops during a visit during Thanksgiving," he said. "There are all these images we have of him as a devoted husband. That twinkle in his eye that Barbara always brought out, especially in those big huge family photos you all had in Kennebunkport."

He then landed on one photo in particular. "This one I will never forget. There was that image of him as a loving father, reaching out to hold his son’s hand at the National Cathedral after 9/11." Indeed, the photograph is compelling. Barbara Bush smiles at the pair as they comfort each other in a time of national disaster-both as a former and current president, and as a father and son.

Ryan connected that moment, likely among the most difficult times of his son's presidency, to one of the impossible decisions that George H.W. Bush had to make as Commander in Chief.

1543925360959.png
There’s this letter he wrote to his children at the end of 1990, as he wrestled with the decision over Operation Desert Storm," Ryan said. "He begins by recounting the family Christmas, and apologies if he seems distracted. 'I tried not to be,' he writes. Then for about a page, he elaborates on his struggle over sending young Americans into harm’s way. Twice in the letter, he writes 'every human life is precious.' On the original copy, he adds a handwritten note wishes his family a New Year."

"In consequential times, George Herbert Walker Bush demonstrated the finest qualities of our nation and of human kind," Ryan concluded. "A great leader and a good man."

God Bless...

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
WATCH: George HW Bush to lie in state; funeral plans, legacy and a look back at his life
https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-george-hw-bush-lie-173221320.html

The Photo of George H.W. Bush and His Son George That Paul Ryan Couldn't Forget
View attachment 191473
At George H.W. Bush's memorial service in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda-one of three services to come this week-Vice President Mike Pence, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker Paul Ryan all gave remarks. In the latter's speech, one touching detail stood out.

Ryan began recounting images of the late president that stood out in his memory. "There’s that indelible image of him as commander in chief during the gulf war, waving to a sea of troops during a visit during Thanksgiving," he said. "There are all these images we have of him as a devoted husband. That twinkle in his eye that Barbara always brought out, especially in those big huge family photos you all had in Kennebunkport."

He then landed on one photo in particular. "This one I will never forget. There was that image of him as a loving father, reaching out to hold his son’s hand at the National Cathedral after 9/11." Indeed, the photograph is compelling. Barbara Bush smiles at the pair as they comfort each other in a time of national disaster-both as a former and current president, and as a father and son.

Ryan connected that moment, likely among the most difficult times of his son's presidency, to one of the impossible decisions that George H.W. Bush had to make as Commander in Chief.

View attachment 191474
There’s this letter he wrote to his children at the end of 1990, as he wrestled with the decision over Operation Desert Storm," Ryan said. "He begins by recounting the family Christmas, and apologies if he seems distracted. 'I tried not to be,' he writes. Then for about a page, he elaborates on his struggle over sending young Americans into harm’s way. Twice in the letter, he writes 'every human life is precious.' On the original copy, he adds a handwritten note wishes his family a New Year."

"In consequential times, George Herbert Walker Bush demonstrated the finest qualities of our nation and of human kind," Ryan concluded. "A great leader and a good man."

God Bless...
also one of the men who wanted and would back the New World Order.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Can I get my New World Order to go?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I'll have it delivered then.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I apologize for using the word hate. It assumes that I know the hearts of others and that is hypocrisy on my part since my point was that no one knows his heart. Truly, I was out of line using the word hate. I'll step away now from the debate. God Bless you and yours, Sister.
Jesus testifies, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” (Matthew 12:34).

Slander isn't news.
Gossip isn't news.
Assailing a dead man's character , a Christian man, with the defaming charge of Satanist, isn't news. But those dark sins are alive here. Repeated without shame. Lies. Every single one as gossip is, as slander is, as defamation is. And worse , cowardly as they are made toward a man who cannot defend himself.
It happened when Barbara died. It happens now that George follows her. But on a Christian forum?

These are not things Christians do to others. Orffellow Christians.
There's a thread now memorializing president George HW Bush in the Prayer forum.
This thread full of Matthew 12 examples stands now at 5 pages. Not one person has shown respect in a forum that invites it, save for one "Like", as yet.

I'd suggest sister before you apologize to one who dismissed death in such a way as they did on page 1, that we all recall Matthew 12:34 and Jesus knowledge of all things. Especially when we patronize Bible forums dedicated to his name and teachings.
Why do people spew hatred and then balk when it is called that after they put their name to it?
Matthew 12:34.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Jesus testifies, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” (Matthew 12:34).

Slander isn't news.
Gossip isn't news.
Assailing a dead man's character , a Christian man, with the defaming charge of Satanist, isn't news. But those dark sins are alive here. Repeated without shame. Lies. Every single one as gossip is, as slander is, as defamation is. And worse , cowardly as they are made toward a man who cannot defend himself.
It happened when Barbara died. It happens now that George follows her. But on a Christian forum?

There's a thread now memorializing president George HW Bush in the Prayer forum.
This thread full of Matthew 12 examples stands now at 5 pages. Not one person has shown respect in a forum that invites it, save for one "Like", as yet.

I'd suggest sister before you apologize to one who dismissed death in such a way as they did on page 1, that we all recall Matthew 12:34 and Jesus knowledge of all things. Especially when we patronize Bible forums dedicated to his name and teachings.
Why do people spew hatred and then balk when it is called that after they put their name to it?
I understand your point Sis. However, I apologized for my choice of the word hate. I think that I could have made the exact same point without saying or implying I "know" , with 100% certainty, what is in the hearts of others.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I understand your point Sis. However, I apologized for my choice of the word hate. I think that I could have made the exact same point without saying or implying I "know" , with 100% certainty, what is in the hearts of others.
I took it as you describing an action, the way it appeared, not the person. It never crossed my mind that you thought the person had hate in his heart and I don't think you thought that at all.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I took it as you describing an action, the way it appeared, not the person. It never crossed my mind that you thought the person had hate in his heart and I don't think you thought that at all.
I honestly appreciate your feedback because that is exactly how I meant it, how it appeared to me. No I did not and do not believe the person or persons have hate in their hearts. I will confess, though, bro, sometimes the love in my heart does not always line up with what He calls for us. Ugh, thanks be to Him, He is a merciful God.

His kinda love amazes me.

Jul 21, 2018

Slander isn't news.
Gossip isn't news.

You would have to know with 100% certainty that the claims everyone has been making about H W Bush were not only false, but that the people saying them KNEW they were false in order to say they are "lies" and we are "lying". These aren't "lies", as it is well documented. Even the biggest Bush supporters acknowledge they were Bonesmen. Now then, let's pretend for a moment that the truth of the Skull and Bones fraternity is that they are a Christian group of members who have bible study together, and that is it.. And everyone knows this, but we instead slander/lie about them saying they are devil worshippers, THEN you have a case that we are "hating" and/or "lying". Then your post becomes relevant. That is not reality however and so there is no "hating" or "slander" going on. You would only be guilty of the same exact thing you're accusing us of doing if you continue to do so.

Unlike you, CharliRenee acknowledges she doesn't have 100% certainty. That's called being "objective". I myself don't have 100% certainty that Bush did/didn't turn to Christ before his death. I've even explicitly stated as much.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
You would have to know with 100% certainty that the claims everyone has been making about H W Bush were not only false, but that the people saying them KNEW they were false in order to say they are "lies" and we are "lying". These aren't "lies", as it is well documented. Even the biggest Bush supporters acknowledge they were Bonesmen. Now then, let's pretend for a moment that the truth of the Skull and Bones fraternity is that they are a Christian group of members who have bible study together, and that is it.. And everyone knows this, but we instead slander/lie about them saying they are devil worshippers, THEN you have a case that we are "hating" and/or "lying". Then your post becomes relevant. That is not reality however and so there is no "hating" or "slander" going on. You would only be guilty of the same exact thing you're accusing us of doing if you continue to do so.

Unlike you, CharliRenee acknowledges she doesn't have 100% certainty. That's called being "objective". I myself don't have 100% certainty that Bush did/didn't turn to Christ before his death. I've even explicitly stated as much.
Redrum 187=Murder 187("187" is police radio code for Homicide)
Thank you for making my point so openly.
You have no idea. You don't know with 100% certainty. That was obvious. That's why what you do say qualifies as gossip, slander, and defamation of character.
You don't know what you've stated is true! That's why it is slander, gossip, and defamation of character.That is why we do know your heart when you post what you did above. Defending slander, gossip, defamation of character.

What we do know, and those of us who were around when George HW Bush was president, is that he was a Christian. As was his wife.
That's what we do know.

That's all I have to say in this thread. Sisters and brothers are blessed with discernment. Good hearts don't spread the lies that are slander, gossip, defamation of character. The hearts speak here.

If someone slandered a member on a forum, didn't know, just threw something wicked onto the boards about a member, likely they'd be reported. And banned. As they should be. Because it is unbecoming and wrong.