Getting ready to meet the Love of your life. Wisdom?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
Please write 3 things you have dropped and 3 things you have added this year in preparation to meet the love of your life!

Ill start

3 Things i added

This year I've worked hard at keeping my word as I never thought it that important before. The last relationship i had helped me understand the value
of it:)

Reading my Bible and prayer life: I spend more time reading my Bible and having a prayer life this year then I ever had before.

I run a Christian FB group ministry where i manage 3000 people and their posts and create my own from scratch to glorify God.

3 Things i chopped

Lying...half lies a quarter lies small lies and white lies all went....in preparation to be completely honest in my walk with God and others. Quite profound when we have a good hard look at what being honest really means.

Some friends that were a bad influence on my character

the amount of meals i eat per day:)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Please write 3 things you have dropped and 3 things you have added this year in preparation to meet the love of your life!

Ill start

3 Things i added

This year I've worked hard at keeping my word as I never thought it that important before. The last relationship i had helped me understand the value

Reading my Bible and prayer life: I spend more time reading my Bible and having a prayer life this year then I ever had before.

I run a Christian FB group ministry where i manage 3000 people and their posts and create my own from scratch to glorify God.

3 Things i chopped

Lying...half lies a quarter lies small lies and white lies all went....in preparation to be completely honest in my walk with God and others. Quite profound when we have a good hard look at what being honest really means.

When I read this, I believe that “the love of my life” is Jesus, so I’ll run with this.

Added:
1. Networking with other Christ like minded people
2. More devotionals and prayer time
3. Career opportunities

Chopped:
1. Secular environment
2. Sugar (well most not all 😬)
3. My hair 😂

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
When I read this, I believe that “the love of my life” is Jesus, so I’ll run with this.

Added:
1. Networking with other Christ like minded people
2. More devotionals and prayer time
3. Career opportunities

Chopped:
1. Secular environment
2. Sugar (well most not all 😬)
3. My hair 😂

Good answers ...yes the love of your life is Jesus however its open for the relationship option as well. Im sure both parties won't mind those answers;)

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018

Ill start

3 Things i added

3 Things i chopped

may i say boldy lying i dont do and gave it up ages ago but lying to achieve a result, or for financial security, or to make someone feel better is what im talking about.... many people may answer someone with a small lie because they don't want confrontation or hurt the other person's feelings... for example would you lie to your boss if it meant not getting the sack over something.? Sometimes we can respond with answers that hide the truth but are not lying. its all one and the same...this is what ive dealt with...praise God.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Added:
- Do more of what I love - rekindle my life's passion(s)
- Live more in the Present - keep active, stay busy and productive
- Strive to become the best version of me possible in my walk with HIM
Subtracted:
- Cease looking back and grieving over the past
- Stop worrying about the future - ie things I can not control
- Do less of what I tolerate and none of what I hate...

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
Added:
- Do more of what I love - rekindle my life's passion(s)
- Live more in the Present - keep active, stay busy and productive
- Strive to become the best version of me possible in my walk with HIM
Subtracted:
- Cease looking back and grieving over the past
- Stop worrying about the future - ie things I can not control
- Do less of what I tolerate and none of what I hate...
great response....well done

H

Hamarr

Hmmm these are all works in progress.

Added
-inner work - Working on opening myself up to the idea, sorting out past trauma, living in the present
-Renewing my relationship with God
-Finishing my degree, getting financial situarion sorted out

Dropped
-Isolation
-Destructive habits
-Weight (much slower than I would like 😛)

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I can't think of any :unsure: Ohhh...yeah i added some :sneaky::D;)

20181129_114721.png

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Years ago I decided to not spend my time worrying about it. Marriage is not guaranteed, so spending your life actively prepping for it so much seems a waste of time.
Many things, though not all, could be changed simply by trying to improve yourself regardless of ever meeting anyone.
Work on yourself for yourself, spend a little time working on things about marriage in case you do meet someone. And what if you never meet someone, what motivation do you have for self improvement if so much of it is hung up on meeting someone?

H

Hamarr

Years ago I decided to not spend my time worrying about it. Marriage is not guaranteed, so spending your life actively prepping for it so much seems a waste of time.
Many things, though not all, could be changed simply by trying to improve yourself regardless of ever meeting anyone.
Work on yourself for yourself, spend a little time working on things about marriage in case you do meet someone. And what if you never meet someone, what motivation do you have for self improvement if so much of it is hung up on meeting someone?
This is a good mindset and one I want to have. Personal growth is for wherever God takes me in life. That may or may not include marriage. But I still want to be the best version of me regardless. My list is the same either way.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Added:
1:
2:
3:

Dropped:
1: Weight, via riding a bicycle to work.
2:
3:

It's hard to improve when I can't see a thing wrong with the way I currently am. The only thing I wanted to change about me was the backlog of stored food, and I changed that easily enough.

Maybe that's actually a good sign that I NEED a wife. Somebody to tell me what I need to change when I can't see what needs changing. But I think I'm happier this way.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It's hard to improve when I can't see a thing wrong with the way I currently am. The only thing I wanted to change about me was the backlog of stored food, and I changed that easily enough.

J

Jennie-Mae

Added:
1:
2:
3:

Dropped:
2:
3:

Maybe that's actually a good sign that I NEED a wife. Somebody to tell me what I need to change when I can't see what needs changing. But I think I'm happier this way.
Yes, a wife will tell you what you need to change. Probably there’s a good number of things that needs a change that you are not aware of yourself. Have no doubts, a wife will fix this little problem of yours in a heartbeat. The professional term here is “nagging”.🤗😜😄

I’ve been a wife for many years, so I know everything about husbands needing a change😜😁.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
This is a good mindset and one I want to have. Personal growth is for wherever God takes me in life. That may or may not include marriage. But I still want to be the best version of me regardless. My list is the same either way.
That's essentially what I was getting at. When we motivate ourselves using something outside ourselves we can't control that leaves a gap for us to lose motivation if things don't go according to our plans. When our desire for self growth is dependent only on an inner desire to grow regardless of circumstances then we have a more solid foundation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Added:
1:
2:
3:

Dropped:
2:
3:

I agree with your assessment. A wife will 'suggest' the necessary improvements for her husband and provide remedial training and reinforcement. In my list I need to drop smoking which will improve my health and to get my work schedule changed so that I can attend church service once again with my wife. I didn't make any additions because that's my wife's prerogative. (just kidding).

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
1. I'm got a new hat
2. I'm got a new cane
3. I learned to tap dance

I saw it in an old movie... I'm pretty sure that's what women want.

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
Added:
1:
2:
3:

Dropped:
2:
3:

great reply.....and an honest one....blessings.

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
Yes, a wife will tell you what you need to change. Probably there’s a good number of things that needs a change that you are not aware of yourself. Have no doubts, a wife will fix this little problem of yours in a heartbeat. The professional term here is “nagging”.🤗😜😄

I’ve been a wife for many years, so I know everything about husbands needing a change😜😁.
hahaha...excellent reply..very honest...thanks.