Getting ready to meet the Love of your life. Wisdom?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
1. I'm got a new hat
2. I'm got a new cane
3. I learned to tap dance

I saw it in an old movie... I'm pretty sure that's what women want.

I'm sure that women that watch old movies will appreciate the changes that you have made in your life. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But that's a line from Piano Man. :love:

I guess that Piano Man was my song also. It is a favorite of mine, it tells a tale of people in a bar that somehow missed the boat and now feel that they are in a hopeless situation with no way out and a good chunk of their life has already passed by. The thing is, it's never hopeless if you let God take the wheel and guide you out of the morass. I'm at that point right now with God.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I guess that Piano Man was my song also. It is a favorite of mine, it tells a tale of people in a bar that somehow missed the boat and now feel that they are in a hopeless situation with no way out and a good chunk of their life has already passed by. The thing is, it's never hopeless if you let God take the wheel and guide you out of the morass. I'm at that point right now with God.
Same here.

K

Kim82

I have neither added or deleted anything in preparation for any relationship.

I just try to do all things for the glory of God.

Dec 29, 2018
1. Reading the word and becoming intimate with the one true God.
2. Building a life that has an foundation in Christ and Self Sufficiency financially
3. Being humble, obedient and open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
1Continue growing in my personal relationship with Christ. 2Keeping my eyes on Him.
Working on breaking one major tripping point/bad habit for myself
3Work hard on my responsibility in my physical healing and strengthening.
Past blaming myself for things that werent my fault/letting the past go.
Letting go of feelings of deep self doubt and self loathing.
Not letting anyone else walk over me to be a people please at the expense of my own joy.
I've been keeping myself open to trusting God's timing to send me the man he feels is His best for me and befriending all the people He places in my path. Eventually one of those men will click and the Holy Spirit will knock the air from my lungs. 😀

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
1Continue growing in my personal relationship with Christ. 2Keeping my eyes on Him.
Not letting anyone else walk over me to be a people please at the expense of my own joy.
I've been keeping myself open to trusting God's timing to send me the man he feels is His best for me and befriending all the people He places in my path. Eventually one of those men will click and the Holy Spirit will knock the air from my lungs. 😀
Not sure what happened to my format there...major lag going on makes things turn out crazy.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You only have ONE bad habit or tripping point?

I have so many I can't even get them on a notepad...
they have their own database.

G

Gracie_14

What an awesome thread! :)

And I have really enjoyed reading through the posts of those who have contributed. I must say, I really admired the honesty...it's really helpful to open up...so, you could feel confident to be transparent with your future spouse.

Again, awesome posts. Keep up the good work @Rapturechris :giggle:

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
You only have ONE bad habit or tripping point?

I have so many I can't even get them on a notepad...
they have their own database.
There is Max. A thorn in my flesh that drags me down the rabbit hole in my thoughts and it isn't pure. It's a sin I battle each and every day and lose 75% of the time if not more.

Elene

Jan 4, 2019
Added:
- Do more of what I love - rekindle my life's passion(s)
- Live more in the Present - keep active, stay busy and productive
- Strive to become the best version of me possible in my walk with HIM
Subtracted:
- Cease looking back and grieving over the past
- Stop worrying about the future - ie things I can not control
- Do less of what I tolerate and none of what I hate...
Lord Jesus, i pray that this list may come true this year for Solemateleft and bless me also with this list :)
You are in controle forever Amen.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Lord Jesus, i pray that this list may come true this year for Solemateleft and bless me also with this list :)
You are in controle forever Amen.
Thank you Elene - I do appreciate the prayer, and I will pray that you too are also blessed with the same resolve... God Bless

W

Wild

Good stuff I do now: don't sweat the small stuff, learn to appreciate what I have, live healthier
Bad stuff I stopped doing (or stopping doing) : drink often, live for other people all the time, allow negative people in my life

loi

Jan 3, 2019
Nothing, just trusting God everything to His promises :) hahahah....

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
#1 Not planning any further than the current day.
#2 Be humble and forgiving when it seems to be the hardest to do so.
#3 Recognize my own faults and not judging others even if their weaknesses aren't exactly like mine.