Getting Tracfone Pics To An HP Computer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That's my problem. My deactivated LG420G Tracfone has some very sentimental pics of Tequila on it, and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get them off the phone and onto my HP computer...

These pictures are the absolute last pictures I have of her, and I NEED to get them onto my computer.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I do not have a cell phone and so do not know how these things work, but won't your phone still work as a device even without a phone plan? Is that what you mean? I loked it up and found this:

When the phone is connected to PC via USB...
if you go to...Start / My Computer. Is the phone
listed as a Removable Disk?

If "Yes," right click the drive letter for the phone
and choose... Open or Explore... and it should
display the directory of the memory card.

You can copy/paste or drag/drop your photos
from there to a folder on your hard drive.

If the phone is not recognized with a drive letter at
Start / My Compute, you may be able to download
the photos if you have an adapter for the memory card
and a media reader. If you have the proper USB cable
for your cellphone, connect it to your PC, and turn on the

camera. Maybe Auto play will open to allow
you to download the photos.

I hope that helps :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I don't have the cable to connect it to my 'puter. Tracfone switched to 3G or whatever awhile ago, just before Tequila died, so I didn't have time to get them from the phone to my computer. :( These 4 pics are the ONLY current pics I have of her, and I would LOVE to get them onto my computer and print them out..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't have the cable to connect it to my 'puter. Tracfone switched to 3G or whatever awhile ago, just before Tequila died, so I didn't have time to get them from the phone to my computer. :( These 4 pics are the ONLY current pics I have of her, and I would LOVE to get them onto my computer and print them out..
Maybe you can find the cable among your friends and/or neighbors, or even in a second hand store where such things proliferate?

S

Siberian_Khatru

USB cable is the easiest method if you can get your hands on one from somewhere. Depending on the capabilities of the phone, there are alternatives.

Which model phone is it?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
USB cable is the easiest method if you can get your hands on one from somewhere. Depending on the capabilities of the phone, there are alternatives.

Which model phone is it?
LG420G Tracfone :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
From what I can tell it would take the same USB to Mini USB sync/charge cord that most smart phones use to connect to your computer. If you don't have one, they're only 3 or 4 bucks for a cheapie.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This isn't a "smart" phone at all. It's a stupid, deactivated Tracfone.. lol

From what I can tell it would take the same USB to Mini USB sync/charge cord that most smart phones use to connect to your computer. If you don't have one, they're only 3 or 4 bucks for a cheapie.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
This isn't a "smart" phone at all. It's a stupid, deactivated Tracfone.. lol
I know that it's an old flip phone, I was just commenting that it uses the same mini USB charge/data plug as current smart phones.

The same USB to mini USB cord that can be used to charge the phone can also be used to transfer data from the phone to your computer.

S

Siberian_Khatru

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Going to try this today, when I get back from Walmart.. Pray it works, because if it doesn't, I lose these pics of her forever.. :(

Thanks Magenta, I missed that!

Blue, there is a cable for it: USB Cable for Straight Talk/Net10 LG Optimus Logic L35g, 420g LG420g 290C LG290C

https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Ult...d=1502939146&sr=8-2&keywords=lg+420g+tracfone

You connect it to your puter and you can copy the pictures over from there. They will probably be in a folder called DCIM (folder in the phone).

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Okay, soooo.... I've got the USB cable, BUT when I plug it in to the phone/ 'puter, it doesn't do anything.. zip, zero, nada. :/ It only says that I don't have the correct driver for that device.

Sooo, what now? What driver do I need to download and from where? It says it's an LGE USB device.. LG420G deactivated tracfone.. I've GOT to get these pictures of Tequila onto my computer!!!! Why is this so frickin' hard?!! :mad: :(

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I did and it doesn't work.. Autoplay is supposed to automatically open the program, but it don't so I dunno know to make it open..
when you have the phone plugged into the computer via usb, do you still get a driver error?
can you just open 'my computer' and see the phone attached as another storage drive, like (E:) or something? that's what we hope for, that the PC will treat it like external storage device. then you can just navigate to the picture folders and copy/paste.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
When I plug it in, it says "installing driver device" or something like that. Then it says "device successfully installed" BUT then that's all it does. No menu opens, nothing at all..

These are my very last pictures of Tequila, taken the day she died. I'VE GOT TO get them onto my computer..:( The tracfone is deactivated, and it barely holds a charge now, so I'm desperate and running out of time..

when you have the phone plugged into the computer via usb, do you still get a driver error?
can you just open 'my computer' and see the phone attached as another storage drive, like (E:) or something? that's what we hope for, that the PC will treat it like external storage device. then you can just navigate to the picture folders and copy/paste.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
When I open "my computer", it just shows me the C drive for the computer, the F drive for removable disk, and another drive for removable disk, like a music CD or movie DVD..

In my device manager it shows the LG thing I downloaded, but no option to open it..

Here's the strange thing: my medic alert bracelet has a flash drive (usb) on it and THAT opens just fine when I put it in the computer to update my medical info. I wish it'd work for the stupid tracfone too..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This should've said "dunno how", not "dunno know".. lol

I did and it doesn't work.. Autoplay is supposed to automatically open the program, but it don't so I dunno know to make it open..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶r̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶"̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶u̶t̶e̶r̶"̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶?̶ ̶ ̶ ̶

h̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶"̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶i̶c̶e̶"̶ ̶.̶.̶?̶ ̶​

edit:
oh ok read your posts, nvm.

another option is, if you have a memory card for the phone, to transfer the photos to it, an then copy them from the memory card to your PC.

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
posthuman;3249655[FONT=verdana said:

[/FONT]
edit:
oh ok read your posts, nvm.

another option is, if you have a memory card for the phone, to transfer the photos to it, an then copy them from the memory card to your PC.

When my computer is opened, it shows the F drive for removable storage, but when I click on it, it says "insert removable disk" and I'm like... it's already in there..lol

On the tracfone I can either send the photos via bluetooth or SMS.. And of course the stupid computer doesn't have bluetooth.. But since the tracfone is deactivated, I can't email the photos to myself.. which sucks.. Maybe I need a cord that has bluetooth on it?? I don't know..I'm incredibly frustrated right now and I'm just about ready to cry.. lol