Giants in Genesis 6:4

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2019
The nephilim, or giants, are mentioned in Gen. 6:4. The offspring of fallen angels and women evidently created giants. If your father was half-angel, how different would that make you? Who knows how that affected the DNA? I find it interesting that these offsprings are always portrayed in novels as evil, wicked giants. But "wicked" and "evil" are behaviors; they aren't inherited. It also says they were the "heroes" of old - not "villains" of old. So it's possible that although they were the offspring of demons, they themselves were good. And we can only guess as to their height.

King Og in Deut. 3, is mentioned as the last of the Rephaites (descendants of the giants), and his bed frame was 13 ft. long (making him around 12 ft. tall). This was post-Flood, so fallen angels must have again tried to derail the messianic line by interbreeding with women.

Mar 28, 2016
The nephilim, or giants, are mentioned in Gen. 6:4. The offspring of fallen angels and women evidently created giants. If your father was half-angel, how different would that make you? Who knows how that affected the DNA? I find it interesting that these offsprings are always portrayed in novels as evil, wicked giants. But "wicked" and "evil" are behaviors; they aren't inherited. It also says they were the "heroes" of old - not "villains" of old. So it's possible that although they were the offspring of demons, they themselves were good. And we can only guess as to their height.

King Og in Deut. 3, is mentioned as the last of the Rephaites (descendants of the giants), and his bed frame was 13 ft. long (making him around 12 ft. tall). This was post-Flood, so fallen angels must have again tried to derail the messianic line by interbreeding with women.

We do not wrestles against the things seen "flesh and blood" (DNA) tall ones, giants or shorter midgets. Angels are administering spirts. They were not created from the dust of the fields. They have no DNA needed to procreate. the section of scripture (Genesis 6) is just reminding the believing Jews not to be unevenly yoked. God was still protecting the seed using Noah to pass it down . The fulfilment of the seed was fulfilled when the Son of man was born..... the end of the genealogy

WalkingTree

Jan 13, 2019
I found this study very interesting in regards to the Nephilim.

Chester

May 23, 2016

My opinion essentially agrees with your words above. I see it as a group of angels that interacted with human women and produced the Nephilim. This was likely an attempt of the devil to destroy the DNA of the human race so that the Redeemer could not come.

But God intervened and imprisoned these angels - see Jude verse 6: "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

Because of this attempt of Satan to destroy the DNA of the human race, God had to destroy the human race by the flood. Because Noah "was perfect in his generations" his DNA had not been contaminated by this work of the Devil.

There seem to have been some remnants of this around after the flood as you mention (King Og, etc.). This may have come from a recessive gene in one of the wives of Noah's sons? Anyway, God had the children of Israel destroy all those with this gene.

Note this is my opinion - so far in my study this theory is what makes the most sense of the Scriptures relating to this issue.

Mar 28, 2016
My opinion essentially agrees with your words above. I see it as a group of angels that interacted with human women and produced the Nephilim. This was likely an attempt of the devil to destroy the DNA of the human race so that the Redeemer could not come.

But God intervened and imprisoned these angels - see Jude verse 6: "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

Because of this attempt of Satan to destroy the DNA of the human race, God had to destroy the human race by the flood. Because Noah "was perfect in his generations" his DNA had not been contaminated by this work of the Devil.

There seem to have been some remnants of this around after the flood as you mention (King Og, etc.). This may have come from a recessive gene in one of the wives of Noah's sons? Anyway, God had the children of Israel destroy all those with this gene.

Note this is my opinion - so far in my study this theory is what makes the most sense of the Scriptures relating to this issue.
I would offer. We walk by faith . We are not grasshoppers as God chosen people

Angels are not created of the dust they have no DNA.

Do you see it as a angel like Satan that spiritually interacted with human kind like Peter (Mathew 16:22-23) and it produced the Nephilim. taller people? or did it just create a tall lie as the seed of the god of this world ?

We do not wrestles against the things seen. Why would men fear taller men if they were walking by faith (the unseen eternal) Some have a fear of short people like myself 5' 5 1/2 " . But not my wife the Amazon woman 5' 9"

Genesis 6:4There were giants (Nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Deuteronomy 2:11Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites called them Emims.

Deuteronomy 2:20 (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims;

Nephilim, Emims and Zamzummims; all really people that really have real DNA. Not all were influenced by the fallen angel Satan .Again the warning is not to be unevenly yoked .That does not mean a believing midget cannot be yoked with a believing tall guy or Gal God was still preserved his seed as shown through Noah

Dec 12, 2013
I would like to know when anyone did a DNA test on any angel and then had proof they have no DNA......

Pretty bold assessment from one who has no way to prove that assessment.....but hey.....what ever!

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~
angels are beings, spirits I don't really see how they can produce children....just my opinion...it seems impossible to me, but that's just me and my thinking, not saying its right or wrong

Dec 12, 2013
~~~~~~~~~~~~
angels are beings, spirits I don't really see how they can produce children....just my opinion...it seems impossible to me, but that's just me and my thinking, not saying its right or wrong
Just a couple things to ponder......

There is a heavenly body and and an earthly fallen body as evidenced by 1st Corinthians 15 and the words used.

The Angels that went to Sodom were perceived as men, and assaulted by the men of Sodom that wanted to have sex with them..so they were tangible

and the biggie which gets overlooked, denied, rejected etc.....

Genesis 3:15

The seed of the woman is JESUS a real, live person who came in FLESH

WHY do we deny the next aspect....<---THE SEED of the serpent?

It blows my mind that MOST people will deny that that second one can possibly be a reality even though the 1st one is a real, living entity that came in flesh.........

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

The offspring where said to be great men you can be great in Evil.. God dealt with them by killing them in the flood.. Because their minds where only thinking of evil all the time.. So they where not good..

Even in the account in Genisis 3 the Bible declares that they would again do the same thing again:: Thats why the Hebrews came to the promised land to wipe out the giants once again..

Genesis 6: KJV

1 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, {2} That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. {3} And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. {4} There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Deuteronomy 3 KJV
1 Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei. 2 And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon. 3 So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining.

Mar 28, 2016
]Just a couple things to ponder......

There is a heavenly body and and an earthly fallen body as evidenced by 1st Corinthians 15 and the words used.
There is a heavenly body and and an earthly fallen body in respect to the believers as new creatures. No promise for those who do not have both.

The Angels that went to Sodom were perceived as men, and assaulted by the men of Sodom that wanted to have sex with them..so they were tangible
Men as sons of God that are led by the Spirit of God . The other sons of God that are led by the Spirit of God have no form, no DNA .

Those Sodomites should of been careful who they were trying to entertain. Those "men" were sent by God. God as a witness destroyed the Sodomites.

He could send you as a messenger, or called a angel .

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

and the biggie which gets overlooked, denied, rejected etc.....

Genesis 3:15

The seed of the woman is JESUS a real, live person who came in FLESH

WHY do we deny the next aspect....<---THE SEED of the serpent?
The seed is in respect to the spiritual unseen seed (one) . Christ, not in respect to the Son of man Jesus as seeds of the flesh . He was not born as of then( Genesis 3:15) The spiritual seed Christ was there. And even after he was born the power to forgive is not considered as part of flesh and blood as if God was a man as us .As a man no power was attributed to him. Power is in not respect the flesh or birth but to the unseen spirit of faith.

Romans 1:4And declared to be the Son of God "with power", according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

It blows my mind that MOST people will deny that that second one can possibly be a reality even though the 1st one is a real, living entity that came in flesh...……
Clothed temporally in flesh .God is not a man as us.[/QUOTE]

Dec 12, 2013
There is a heavenly body and and an earthly fallen body in respect to the believers as new creatures. No promise for those who do not have both.

Men as sons of God that are led by the Spirit of God . The other sons of God that are led by the Spirit of God have no form, no DNA .

Those Sodomites should of been careful who they were trying to entertain. Those "men" were sent by God. God as a witness destroyed the Sodomites.

He could send you as a messenger, or called a angel .

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The seed is in respect to the spiritual unseen seed (one) . Christ, not in respect to the Son of man Jesus as seeds of the flesh . He was not born as of then( Genesis 3:15) The spiritual seed Christ was there. And even after he was born the power to forgive is not considered as part of flesh and blood as if God was a man as us .As a man no power was attributed to him. Power is in not respect the flesh or birth but to the unseen spirit of faith.

Romans 1:4And declared to be the Son of God "with power", according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Clothed temporally in flesh .God is not a man as us.
[/QUOTE]

You have a lot to learn pal.........especially concerning the seed of the woman...

jb

Feb 27, 2010

Did a blog on this and you can find it Here

Mar 28, 2016
You have a lot to learn pal.........especially concerning the seed of the woman...
I am open to learning.

The seed of the woman is Christ the spiritual seed . It did crush the head of the father of lies, the father of lies bruised his heel not the bride of Christ the church

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.Genesis 3:15

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm not sure about the whole fallen angels /unbelievers scenario myself. Cant really say there were believers and unbelievers at point. Not in the sense of believing in Jesus!

In previous chapter only three daughters of men are actually named -Lamech's two wives adah and zillah and naamah, tubal cains sister...tubal cain and Jubal were named and detail is given about what they were famous for...were these the mighty men, men of reknown? yet mysteriously Lamech seems to have killed someone.

Why was Lamech going to be avenged seventy and sevenfold, I dont quite understand what it means there.

Dec 12, 2013
I am open to learning.

The seed of the woman is Christ the spiritual seed . It did crush the head of the father of lies, the father of lies bruised his heel not the bride of Christ the church

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.Genesis 3:15
Did JESUS come in the flesh...yes or no
Was JESUS born from a woman and her seed..yes or no

Study Eve's reply when she had CAIN.....she understood that the one promised would be BORN of a WOMAN'S SEED and come in the FLESH

Do you think the MAN of SIN the SON of PERDITION is not an ACTUAL LIVING MAN OF FLESH?

Feb 28, 2016
today, hub and I were in Publix doing what we all do, and their was a woman standing next to me
who what I would say was pretty close to being below 5', I am almost a foot taller than her,
and because of our body language and interaction', I just had to put my arm around her and hug her
real close and tell her how precious she appeared to me -
long story short, she told my husband that I was a very special, can u imaging? just because I felt
such a special love and connection for her and just wanted to hold her close???

think about it brothers and sisters, sometimes the littlest things can bring the biggest gifts!!!

Jan 13, 2019
I am interested in joining a group who interpret scripture as I do, that the sons of God did indeed mate with the daughters of man as scripture states. Not interested in circular debate as to authenticity of translation of the occurrence. Anyone having a healthy discussion, please add me or join my chat group Days of Noah, which started today. Hoping to have stimulating scholastic conversation with academia minded individuals.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

Genesis 6
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

It do not say fallen angel mate to human

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
We do not wrestles against the things seen "flesh and blood" (DNA) tall ones, giants or shorter midgets. Angels are administering spirts. They were not created from the dust of the fields. They have no DNA needed to procreate. the section of scripture (Genesis 6) is just reminding the believing Jews not to be unevenly yoked. God was still protecting the seed using Noah to pass it down . The fulfilment of the seed was fulfilled when the Son of man was born..... the end of the genealogy
Regarding the bold... where is that in Scripture? You're speculating on things about which Scripture is silent... adding to the word of God.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
We really know little about Angels. What has been revealed is that they can eat see( Abraham and Paul) and have sexual intercouse (see Sodom) whether they is allowed to is another matter. Seeing that they were imprisoned seems to be the correct answer.