God loves us equally? What scriptures say this?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Scripture doesn't explicitly say this specifically anywhere, but the principle is implicit in the verses that state He loves the world, and by implication, all people in it. It also states that He hates a few subgroups of people, so you might reasonably conclude that God does not love all people "equally".
 
yes the title says it?

John 21:17
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

  • John 3:16: is a famous verse stating, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".

  • Romans 5:8: says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us".

  • 1 John 4:16: states, "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them".

  • Isaiah 43:4: says, "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you".
Demonstration of Love from God, began at Adam and Eve. Which God did not kill them. As a matter of fact, he clothed them, fed them, then put them outside of the garden to till the ground for themselves. To see they are not God as they now had thought(s) of having now having the knowledge of right and wrong from eating from one particular tree. That, they were told to not eat from, if did they would assuredly die. As I know this about myself, "I" can and have done bad all by myself, "I" am accountable to bad choices "I" made. As I am sure Adam the first saw himself, now being a god, (Not God himself) learned much to see he is not God, by tilling the ground for himself.
Throughout the Bible I see places I have read about ourselves
Palm 82, Ezekiel, Isaiah. God telling us, God loves us, especially in Jeremiah 29:11
Once anyone sees God simply, sincerely loves them, one begins new to stop letting those bad thoughts get in them anymore and see those thoughts they have been having are not them (Romans 7). it is evil planting those thoughts in them (their mindset), that these people have allowed in them, what I now call stinking thinking, "I" am not good enough thought! Well y'all God says we are worthy of Love to learn what true love is from God through risen Son for y'all, y'all!
Son went willingly to that cross to die, why? Then risen as proof he is Daddy, Father, PaPa approved for you, yes You! and you too, thank you Father and Son as Won for us to be knew in love and mercy to all too, as a proper response to you, not self or anyone else, at least to me this I now see, thank you Father and Son as Won (One)
 
Every verse by Paul saying that God does not show favoritism means that He loves everyone equally just as human parents should love their children.

Loves us all "Unconditionally" Gives us all respectfully free choice to choose God or not consciously. That is amazing to now be Able to approach the throne of Grace confidently by Son's done work for us to learn new from God's love and mercy to us all and thus love in truth to all, not conditionally anymore, at least this frees one from strife and guilt as well as pride over any one else, thanks As we each grow new daily in love and mercy
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
I dont think thats the case. Think about the people that are born crippled or ill in some way. Hard to go up to someone like that and tell them God loves you equally.

He does love us equally when it comes to giving us the Son to die for ALL of our sins. In that sense it is equal. But when it comes to how life goes, no way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
I dont think thats the case. Think about the people that are born crippled or ill in some way. Hard to go up to someone like that and tell them God loves you equally.

He does love us equally when it comes to giving us the Son to die for ALL of our sins. In that sense it is equal. But when it comes to how life goes, no way.

Blessed are those that are born crippled, according to my Daddy
they do not go through what others go through, that have the mental capacity to play God and think they are God and are not God
Psalm 82 about being God. Ezekiel 17-19 about being God
Not good fro my soul, that I needed to learn and did not know as the mentally challenged know already, thanks
 
Blessed are those that are born crippled, according to my Daddy
they do not go through what others go through, that have the mental capacity to play God and think they are God and are not God
Psalm 82 about being God. Ezekiel 17-19 about being God
Not good fro my soul, that I needed to learn and did not know as the mentally challenged know already, thanks

Oh and not that I have learned, I see to know better than to think I know as have thought I did in the past, Luke 18:9-14
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
Loves us all "Unconditionally" Gives us all respectfully free choice to choose God or not consciously. That is amazing to now be Able to approach the throne of Grace confidently by Son's done work for us to learn new from God's love and mercy to us all and thus love in truth to all, not conditionally anymore, at least this frees one from strife and guilt as well as pride over any one else, thanks As we each grow new daily in love and mercy

Yes, unconditionally means equally.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
yes the title says it?

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Mal 1:2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
Mal 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Psa 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Joh 20:2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

God loves all people but he hates the works of the wicked.

Jesus loves all the disciples but the Bible mentions the disciple whom Jesus loved John which He had a closeness with him.

I believe God does love all people equally in the terms of offering salvation.

But does not love all people equally when it comes to those that reject the truth for they do not receive salvation and the blessing of Him.

But this is their fault for they did it to themselves.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Our level of love will differ from person to person.

We will not love equally all people.

Some people we can hug them and shake their hand and say hello.

Some people we only want to shake their hand and say hello.

Some people we only want to say hello.

But we must love them and get along with them.

And some people we cannot get along with but that is on them.

So we will love people on the level of how they behave.

So it seems God would love people on the level of their behavior.

But He loves all people and does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked.

It is like Moses and Elijah being with Jesus at His transfiguration, Israel the chosen people, the apostles names and 12 tribes of Israel being written in the New Jerusalem.

That some saints seem to have more encounter with God than other saints but He loves all the saints.
 
It's possible to treat everyone the same, ie, show no favoritism, yet be closer to some. God called David a man after his own heart, and John was called the disciple whom Jesus loved.

Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. John 13:23​
​
Jacob loved Joseph more than his other sons, but unwisely showed favoritism towards him, and consequently ended up paying a painful price when his resentful sons sold Joesph into slavery..

God does not show favoritism, but gives to each man as he is able to receive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
I may be called a “biblicist” in my approach to the scriptures, so I note the “us” in the OP Title. In reading the Bible, it is important for me to see what the book, chapter, paragraph is address to, when I see “us” and “we”. When I wish to know what God says about a word, I like to search for that specific word in scripture to see what I can find out. Most people see the verses believed to teach a universalism, so the following verses would give me pause to declare that God loves all persons equally, or only those who are His own.

In thy constant love thou hast led the people whom thou didst ransom: thou hast guided them by thy strength to thy holy dwelling-place. (Ex 15:13)

his love endures for ever. (Ps 136:1-26)

but if any man would boast, let him boast of this, that he understands and knows me. For I am the LORD, I show unfailing love, I do justice and right upon the earth; for on these I have set my heart. This is the very word of the LORD. (Jer 9:24)

and that accords with the text of Scripture, 'Jacob I loved and Esau I hated.' (Rm 9:13)

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church and gave himself up for it, (Ep 5:25)

for the Lord disciplines those whom he loves; he lays the rod on every son whom he acknowledges.' (Hb 12:6)

FROM JUDE, servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, to those whom God has called, who live in the love of God the Father and in the safe keeping of Jesus Christ. (Ju 1:1)

To him who loves us and freed us from our sins with his life's blood, (Rv 1:5b)
 
I dont think thats the case. Think about the people that are born crippled or ill in some way. Hard to go up to someone like that and tell them God loves you equally.

He does love us equally when it comes to giving us the Son to die for ALL of our sins. In that sense it is equal. But when it comes to how life goes, no way.
We live in a fallen world. If you don’t start with that, you can’t explain why people are born with illnesses within the purview of a loving God. ;)
 
yes the title says it?

Short story.... I pictured sitting next to a Jewish person and just asked Him.. tell me you love me just as much as you love him. This is how He answered. What I pictured came to life this hand comes down with this oh.. so beautiful tree dark yet light brown and man I have never seen a tree with so many branches that were shaped in the shape of a "U". He places it between us and says I quote "Show me a branch that was not originally of the vine. I am the vine you are the branches". I told me son about the branches.. why that shape of a 'U'. He said "sounds like menorah. So I google that..THAT'S IT! That is what ever branch looked like.

Still no clue why ever branch looked like that. I've never had one of those. Anyway.. God so loved the world.
 
We live in a fallen world. If you don’t start with that, you can’t explain why people are born with illnesses within the purview of a loving God. ;)
Thanks. Is there any reason as to why some people are born healthy and others not? Is it random or not?
 
Thanks. Is there any reason as to why some people are born healthy and others not? Is it random or not?

In most cases we have reason to believe that illness including mental is caused by hereditary and/or environmental factors.
However, we also have reason to believe that humans have a will that can resist or combat addictions and afflictions.
It's complicated by the possibility of mutations or accidents, so a person may suffer harm for an apparently random reason.
 
Thanks. Is there any reason as to why some people are born healthy and others not? Is it random or not?
I don't believe it is random, but I don't understand the complexities of it. I suspect part of it is genetic, part is spiritual, and part is physical.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hakawaka
I offer some thoughts on the question of afflictions one is born with or into.
Birth defects, mental or physical are not chosen by an individual. They are the result of our fallen world, but who chose what particular defect or affliction an individual suffers, if it is not God? God does nothing without purpose, and we may not know the purpose, but it is for a reason, and if one is of the elect, he is loved equally with others of the elect having their own and yet different tragedies in life. Is there any of God’s saints without some affliction, or serious disadvantage as to the family or nation in which they were born?

In him, according to the purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will, we who first hoped in Christ have been destined and appointed to live for the praise of his glory. (Eph 1:11-12)

Who are you, sir, to answer God back? Can the pot speak to the potter and say, 'Why did you make me like this? (Rm 9:20) See Is 29:16; 45:9

AS HE WENT on his way Jesus saw a man blind from his birth. His disciples put the question, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents? Why was he born blind?' 'It is not that this man or his parents sinned,' Jesus answered, 'he was born blind that God's power might be displayed in curing him. (Jn 9:1-3)

The LORD said to him, ‘Who is it that gives man speech? Who makes him dumb or deaf?
Who makes him clear-sighted or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? (Ex. 4:11)

Does a bird fall in a snare on the earth, when there is no trap for it? Does a snare spring up from the ground, when it has taken nothing? Is a trumpet blown in a city, and the people are not afraid? Does evil befall a city, unless the LORD has done it? Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets. (Amos 3:5-7)

Did God the Father love God the Son any the less because it was his will that he be crucified?
 
why did Jacob love Rachel more than Leah?

why does God say He loved Jacob and not Esau?

what does this testify of?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen